UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > $$$GRNITECH MOSE'S PINK FLOYD$$$
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

$$$GRNITECH MOSE'S PINK FLOYD$$$

**********CH GRNTCH SMOKEY RIVER OUTLAW BLUE OUTLAW PETE
******GRNTCH MAILE'S BLUE SUE'S PETE
**********MAILES BLUE RUDY'S SUE
***GRNTCH DEAN'S BLUE MOSE
**********GRNTCH UCHTMAN'S SB. BLUE SCOUT
******MAILE'S BLUE KARI
**********UCHTMAN'S SO BLUE JEWEL

GRNITECH MOSE'S PINK FLOYD

**********GRNTCH B&D'S MR. BLUE
******CHGRNTCH B&D'S BLUE SPIKE
**********GRNTCH FERRIS' BLUE KELLY
***GRNTCH B&D'S BLUE RUBY
**********NGRNC GRNTCH TREESLAMMIN BLUE HILLBILLY
******GRNTCH TWILITE BLUE POISON IVY
**********BURREL'S NORTHERN BLUE CORT

As of today his sire, Mose, sits at #5 on UKC's Current Reproducer's List.
His dam, Ruby, currently sits at #3 on UKC's Historical Reproducer's List.

I have wrestled with this decision for a while and may regret it. May delete the whole thread one of these days. But.....Floyd is already 5 years old.....and the handful of pups out of him lead me to believe that he will REALLY reproduce if given the opportunity.
May not draw any interest, and that is fine too. But I feel like I should at least "put him out there".

Here is the part that is difficult for me.
I am NOT going to breed Floyd to any and every female that somebody will bring to him. I don't want to cause any hard feelings, but breeding a whole bunch of females is not what I'm trying to accomplish.
Jeff and I bred Mose to anything and everything, and it accomplished NOTHING. We were fortunate enough to be able to breed him to a handful of top females, and guess what??? Those are the pups that went on to make good hounds. Funny how that works.
The common females that were bred went on to make a lot of common pups and a lot of junk. But never once did they make what I would call a good one. We got some junk out of good females too, but you get my point.

But, if you have a good female and want to use Floyd, it won't cost you a nickel. MAYBE a pup, but it would depend on the situation.

Got any questions let me know.
Thanks

Mike Hurt (620) 433-0285)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-14-2015 03:41 PM
mikehurt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikehurt Click here to Send mikehurt a Private Message Click Here to Email mikehurt Find more posts by mikehurt Add mikehurt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

Good luck with him. A lot of powerful reproducing coon dogs behind him

Old Post 06-14-2015 04:00 PM
rance56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rance56 Click here to Send rance56 a Private Message Click Here to Email rance56 Find more posts by rance56 Add rance56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

He's bred to reproduce. Nice to see somebody being selective in what they breed. You'll be farther ahead in the long run. Nice looking dog sir.

Old Post 06-14-2015 06:32 PM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ks Mad Dog Jr
UKC Forum Member

Mike

You got the right idea. I'm glad your wife wasn't as selective picking you, as you are picking a mate for Floyd!

Old Post 06-14-2015 08:19 PM
Ks Mad Dog Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ks Mad Dog Jr Click here to Send Ks Mad Dog Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Ks Mad Dog Jr Add Ks Mad Dog Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I know where your coming from and your right on better gyps produce a higher percentage of top hounds. However, if the breeding is there on a non hunted gyp, I would make any cross. Lowell would have never had dual grand Reb or Duane had dual Gr Bo if it wasn't for breeding those so called common gyps. Those are just two that come to mind.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 06-14-2015 10:04 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tim engel
UKC Forum Member

Hi Mike, I used to own a female out of the same cross as Floyd. I sold her to Steve Burkholder when she was about a year an half old. Just wondering if you know where she is now or how she is doing. I like your thoughts on breeding Floyd. He is a nice looking dog. Thanks

Old Post 06-14-2015 10:36 PM
tim engel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tim engel Click here to Send tim engel a Private Message Find more posts by tim engel Add tim engel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midnite2010
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Floyd at bluetick days. Nice dog big mouth good tree dog. I liked him and Mike is a good guy to hunt with

Old Post 06-15-2015 12:09 AM
midnite2010 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for midnite2010 Click here to Send midnite2010 a Private Message Click Here to Email midnite2010 Find more posts by midnite2010 Add midnite2010 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tim engel
Hi Mike, I used to own a female out of the same cross as Floyd. I sold her to Steve Burkholder when she was about a year an half old. Just wondering if you know where she is now or how she is doing. I like your thoughts on breeding Floyd. He is a nice looking dog. Thanks

Hey Tim.
No I don't know where she ended up. Mark Hauck was the last person that I know that had her.

Old Post 06-15-2015 12:53 AM
mikehurt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikehurt Click here to Send mikehurt a Private Message Click Here to Email mikehurt Find more posts by mikehurt Add mikehurt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks everybody.

Timmy,

My lovely bride won the lottery when she found me.
Some girls have all the luck....

Dennis,

Good point. Danny Taylor's Moose dog was out of Mose and the Kate female that Combs had out of Screwey Lewey. Kate was a tree dog but never hunted much do to an injury.

Also, by "good female" I don't mean "titled female".
Floyd has been bred to 2 females. One of them has been bred to him twice. She is not titled, but I respect her owners opinion (Richard Edinger) of what a good hound is and trust his evaluation of a hound, it's performance, and it's genetic potential.

Old Post 06-15-2015 01:21 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Yea, that old PR female that Cory had named Sue produced a few top hounds.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 06-15-2015 01:33 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigRiverlilCoon
UKC Forum Member

floyd

Hope you find him a few nice females mike. He is one of the nicer hounds that I have seen go. He seemed to have good drive and is a sho nuff tree dog.

Old Post 06-15-2015 02:17 AM
BigRiverlilCoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigRiverlilCoon Click here to Send BigRiverlilCoon a Private Message Click Here to Email BigRiverlilCoon Find more posts by BigRiverlilCoon Add BigRiverlilCoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I'm a fan.

I've been hesitant to post anything because I knew Mike wasn't looking to breed this dog a lot, but I've seen two pups out of two different litters sired by Floyd that have the God given, absolutely natural attributes everyone is looking for and no one seems to be able to find.
They've got the wheels under them, and you don't have to beg them to tree. They have that flash, that chrome that makes you notice. When you walk into a tree either of these pups is at, they'll be the ones you notice.
Mine started herself. She leaves from the house and gets treed around the place pretty regularly, and will make every tree with old dogs when hunted at night. She's seven months old and can run a hot track head up.
I've been looking for a top end female to breed to him this fall, and I may have found her. I really, really, really think this dog can be an exceptional reproducer.

Old Post 06-18-2015 12:43 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JR's blues
UKC Forum Member

lucy

Hey mike nice looking dog .I got a female off Lucy and Boomer she is bred and do in july the male is bred very close to Floyds on bottom side. This is the second time on this cross I know what you mean about breeding to good females it does make a difference.

Jim

Old Post 06-18-2015 03:00 PM
JR's blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR's blues Click here to Send JR's blues a Private Message Find more posts by JR's blues Add JR's blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

Jensen, Cory, Jim

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it.

Old Post 06-19-2015 01:41 AM
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

If anybody Superstakes a litter off Floyd and a quality female I'd sure be interested in a couple pups.

This dog will do his part.

Old Post 07-01-2015 02:32 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon Gudgeon
UKC Forum Member

Good post. I appreciate your honesty. Life is too short to deal with anything but what you want out of it. Good luck with him!

NiteCh 'PR' Beast Mode Tramp
- 1st Runner Up Jr Young Guns 2014 National BBOA Days - 300+
- 9th place (Friday night) 2014 National BBOA Days - 250+
- 1st place opens 2014 WI State BBOA Championship - 837.5+
- UKC 2nd - 100+
- UKC 1st - 225+
- 2015 Zone 3 BBOA Championship King of Hunt
- 2015 Iowa State BBCHA King of Hunt (1st place NtCh)
- 2016 Zone 3 BBOA Championship 1st place NtCh (Fri Night)

R.I.P.

Ch NiteCh 'PR' Gabby's Tree Poundin Bocephus

Old Post 07-02-2015 06:32 AM
Brandon Gudgeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Gudgeon Click here to Send Brandon Gudgeon a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Gudgeon Find more posts by Brandon Gudgeon Add Brandon Gudgeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

How fare are folks from ST. Louis

Old Post 07-03-2015 03:29 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark V.
How fare are folks from ST. Louis

5 1/2 - 6 hours

Old Post 07-03-2015 05:03 AM
IAHUNTER
UKC Forum Member

Floyd

Mike,
Good to see you have Floyd on here.It doesn't surprise what you have seen out of his first litters..Floyd is from a long line of reproducers top and bottom!!
Cricket and I may need to make a road trip south...
Take Care
Stuffy

CH NITECH 'PR' JJ'S CODE BLUE JENNY
(QUALIFIED FOR THE 2008 WORLD HUNT)
NITECH 'PR' RATTLER'S CODE BLUE HUTCH
( QUALIFIED FOR THE 2008 WORLD HUNT)
GRCH GRNITE CH PR RATTLERS CODE BLUE PETE
(RATTLER X JENNY)
DUAL GRCH BULLET II`s CODE BLUE CRICKET
(BULLET II X JENNY) 2nd runner up 2012 young guns senior division
2nd NiteCh Sat Night 2013 BBOA Days,
2013 IA State BBOA Queen of Hunt
Qualified for 2014 World Hunt,
2nd NiteCH Sat night 2014, BBOA Days
BBOA Queen of Hunt 2014
Zone III 2014 Queen of Hunt
2014 Autumn Oaks Mini Slam high scoring dog Thurs Final Four

Old Post 07-03-2015 04:11 PM
IAHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IAHUNTER Click here to Send IAHUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email IAHUNTER Find more posts by IAHUNTER Add IAHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

Re: Floyd

quote:
Originally posted by IAHUNTER
Mike,
Good to see you have Floyd on here.It doesn't surprise what you have seen out of his first litters..Floyd is from a long line of reproducers top and bottom!!
Cricket and I may need to make a road trip south...
Take Care
Stuffy

Stuffy,

Thank you sir. You and Cricket are welcome any time......Well...... Cricket at least.......

Old Post 07-04-2015 01:24 PM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 07-23-2015 11:25 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

MR. Mike our female is in and I was woundering what time is a good time to call and also if you would be interested in breeding her to Floyd PKC CH. GR.NT.CH Kaskaskia River Blue Dizzie please let me know Mark V 217-254-3338

Old Post 07-28-2015 10:53 PM
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark V.
MR. Mike our female is in and I was woundering what time is a good time to call and also if you would be interested in breeding her to Floyd PKC CH. GR.NT.CH Kaskaskia River Blue Dizzie please let me know Mark V 217-254-3338

PM 'd you.

Thanks a bunch.

Old Post 07-29-2015 12:10 AM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

ok i will have the test today and give you call

Old Post 07-30-2015 01:48 PM
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

Dizzie

Would like to thank Mark V. for bringing PKC CH GRNITECH Dizzie all the way to KS to see Floyd.
Fingers crossed.

Thanks again Mark.

Old Post 08-02-2015 06:45 PM