UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gr Nt ch Mead,s Blue Jet 6 Again
Pages (47): « First ... « 45 46 [47]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Kevin thanks for weighing in on these posts and keeping up with all our shenanigans. Perhaps one day it will be all of us reading about your efforts again.

Lance Byrd give me a call in the next few days please Sir. Football season did not turn out exactly like either one of us would have preferred. Here in the South it used to be said if you wanted to be a farmer you went to Auburn. If you wanted to be a Doctor you went to Vanderbilt and if you wanted to be a football player you went to Alabama. We will not be concentrating on that. We can talk about a much better subject.

All three of my sons will be here before Christmas. These opportunities are rare these days. One in college, one in the Army and the oldest lives in Tennessee. He is fortunate to have taken after his Mother because he is smart. Folks in Tennessee think he is from New York or Washington DC. I told him to wear his UGA shirt and tell them "My old man hunts Blueticks."

Hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I checked my calendar and Christmas is coming on the 25th again this year.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-16-2016 01:31 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICB
UKC Forum Member

Love it!

quote:
Originally posted by cwbluebio
Kevin thanks for weighing in on these posts and keeping up with all our shenanigans. Perhaps one day it will be all of us reading about your efforts again.

All three of my sons will be here before Christmas. These opportunities are rare these days. One in college, one in the Army and the oldest lives in Tennessee. He is fortunate to have taken after his Mother because he is smart. Folks in Tennessee think he is from New York or Washington DC. I told him to wear his UGA shirt and tell them "My old man hunts Blueticks."

Hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I checked my calendar and Christmas is coming on the 25th again this year.

Thanks CW I hope so too. But, if I end up with some more awesome females in the future it will be because I get to ride on the coattails of all the men who have poured their life into breeding better blues.

Your "My old man hunts blueticks" statement above reminds me of a cast I spectated on in MI one night. Turned out one of the hunters was a superintendent in Detroit schools. Me being a math teacher he offered me a job for 3 times what MO paid at the time. After a little chatting I decided pretty quick that this redneck might not survive long in Detroit. He made it clear that they couldn't even keep teachers in most of the classrooms due to the students and gangs. Thought it was pretty coincidental though that two over educated rednecks ended up on the same cast. LOL

Count your blessings everyday!

Old Post 12-16-2016 02:23 PM
ICB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICB Click here to Send ICB a Private Message Click Here to Email ICB Find more posts by ICB Add ICB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

Christmas

quote:
Originally posted by cwbluebio

Lance Byrd give me a call in the next few days please Sir. Football season did not turn out exactly like either one of us would have preferred. Here in the South it used to be said if you wanted to be a farmer you went to Auburn. If you wanted to be a Doctor you went to Vanderbilt and if you wanted to be a football player you went to Alabama. We will not be concentrating on that. We can talk about a much better subject.

LoL...it will be Christmas here on the 25th as well. So to all I say Merry Christmas, and Happy New year!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/SlingbladeBluesfriendsandI006.jpg
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/Belle030.jpg
Picture of Me and The Man, Ed Meade
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/2011Blues085.jpg
**Follow us on photobucket**
EWerry's Album

Old Post 12-18-2016 11:26 PM
Eric Werry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Werry Click here to Send Eric Werry a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Werry Visit Eric Werry's homepage! Find more posts by Eric Werry Add Eric Werry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

to all a good night!!! merry Christmas!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 12-19-2016 08:22 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

to all a good night!!! merry Christmas!!

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 12-19-2016 08:22 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Eric, John, Kevin and to everyone else who keep up with these line bred Jet dogs, thanks for all your input.

Henry Miller called to say his Bell female is gonna have pups from Jack(Jet 10 x Lady II). Paul and Scott both let me know that Zoey (Rejet x Hooker) has a good looking litter on the ground, also out of Jack.

Expecting good things in 2017. Working on plans with the Winter Classic which involve relocating some of these hounds.

Hoping to do better with posting pictures from the phone in 2017. Videos too. Sure enjoy what others post.

Good luck to all of you in 2017!

Old Post 01-14-2017 04:56 AM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

JUST GOT A LITTER OUTB OF BUZZ, HE IS GETTING A LITTLE AGE ON HIM NOW. BUT HIS OFFSPRING ARE SURE GONNA BE HUNTING FOR YEARS TO COME, IM CURRENTLY HUNTING GRNITECH CH LONESOME II, WILLOW [BUZZ X PENNY] AND BOB [BUZZ X STORMY] LOTS OF FUN FILLED NIGHTS AND LOTS OF GREAT MEMORIES

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 01-14-2017 06:54 AM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

John Steeb I am proud of what you have done and are continuing to do with yours. There is quite a bit of this Jet line in them.

This up coming week should see a lot of what I call "Redneck Net Working" on the part of several of us. Could involve at least 5 states-Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Kentucky and Georgia. Hauling and shuffling these dogs around. I say thank you in advance to everyone participating and helping me. A lot of cooperation that I hope in the long run proves beneficial to all of us.

My two teams made it to the Super Bowl. Guess I am pulling for the Falcons this time. All the talk reminds me of the club house before you go to the woods. If you listen to the guys hunting the tri colored tree makers blow theirs up, you want to ask "Sir can I just go ahead and shoot my dog and get the pleasure of seeing your world beater go tonight? How many World Champions are in ole Spot's pedigree any way? Hopefully it will be a good game.

Look forward to seeing a few folks I haven't seen in a while.

Old Post 02-04-2017 02:20 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Our coon hunting conditions have been cooler the last few days than they were for most of our season. Friday the Georgia Federation asked me to judge the bench show in Lagrange, Ga. Large turn out of very nice hounds from several states. Chasing those Purina points I guess. Some very nice Blue dogs were in the show too.

Our local club has an RQE later this month, same date as Ashland-which will prevent me being in Ohio this year. Hope my little truck is road worthy because I am planning on racking up a few coon hunting miles after that.

Based on the number of calls people are looking for those good young prospects. Started, treeing good, going hunting but not empty out the bank account types from the right crosses. Aren't we all!

Old Post 03-06-2017 07:40 AM
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

Dogs for sale?

I have tried out so many dogs, it would wear out a normal man, LoL! The $500 hundred dollar dogs should be $250, the $1000 Dollar dogs should be $350, one $3000 dollar that should have been maybe $500. Is there any good pups out there? Who knows. Still looking 👀! Check book open! Hard to replace a good hound!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/SlingbladeBluesfriendsandI006.jpg
EWerry's Album

Old Post 03-06-2017 11:50 PM
Eric Werry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Werry Click here to Send Eric Werry a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Werry Visit Eric Werry's homepage! Find more posts by Eric Werry Add Eric Werry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

C.W. WE MUST THANKYOU AND BE PROUD TO HUNT WHAT YOU ALL HAVE CREATED

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 03-07-2017 01:41 AM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Made the mistake the other night of trying to hunt four young dogs together. In days past this was a fairly common occurence-me with four dogs. This time I had the three young females out of Jet V and I love Lucy along with a young female from Iron Will II and Schotzi. Things went according to plan until I started trying to get them away from the tree. They had done a good job and were all petted up real good for treeing enthusiastically. Not much room at the base with four females. Leashes were hooked up to collars as I dragged each one off the tree. I have not spent a great deal of time leading these females and the fun was just starting. No amount of trying to cast them, walk them away or call them to me convinced them they should not go back to that tree. All it took was one bark from anyone of them and every one of them would go back and belly up on the tree.

I can laugh now knowing all this was my fault. Wore me out but I still had a good time. I will either have more people with me next time or less dogs. These three females are from frozen semen collected in 1995. Gr ChGrNtCh I Love Lucy is double Jet 6 Again bred. Blue Bio Sue Nami (GrNtCh Iron Will II x Gr Nt Ch Schotzi-littermate to Jet 10).

Old Post 03-27-2017 04:44 PM
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

LOL

That's called the backwoods redneck work out. Funny stuff.

EWerry's Album

Old Post 03-27-2017 05:20 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Blue Bio 10 CC

Enjoyed my trip to Ed's and the Dave Dean hunt. Makes me look forward to Bluetick Days. The distance and lack of sleep was working on me more than it used to. So glad to get to see and visit with so many of you.

I brought my 10 CC pup back home. He had been at Ed's since the Winter Classic. 10CC is out of Jet 10 and All Jazzed Up. Gr Nt Ch Jazz is out of 6 Again X Tree Slammin Lady. Bobby Carter and I took the pup Monday night and never got a bark-that can be bad but can be good.

Last night just the pup and I. He struck, ran and treed in a big hollow, which I could not see up. I drove to a different location and he struck another track in water and began working it with a loud long bawl. The track got better and was moving NE. I walked out to a timber road that went in that direction. He gave a chill bump locate and began to spit them out. I walked as fast as I could which took eight minutes by the watch to get to him. He was treed up a huge Oak tree with vines. Let me ad down here our leaves are out. Seventeen minutes of looking and I found the Coon. 10CC is nine months old. He and I will be back out there tonight if it gets dark.

Old Post 04-12-2017 12:06 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

SOUNDS LIKE JUST WHAT I NEED

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 04-12-2017 12:45 PM
ICB
UKC Forum Member

Awesome....

... as always! Glad to get back on here and read about nice young dogs!

Keep up with news releases!

Kevin

Old Post 04-21-2017 09:00 PM
ICB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICB Click here to Send ICB a Private Message Click Here to Email ICB Find more posts by ICB Add ICB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

ICB Kevin-thanks for weighing in on my post, always interested in your input. I am doing everything I know to do to keep good and even better dogs.That is everything by the book, my heart and that my pocketbook will allow.

Just received a text message from Joe Vogatsky who post on Nt Ch Ramblin Blue Junior on here. Joe and his young dog from his Gr Nt Ch Patch dog and Hope who is out of 6 Again, as is his Junior dog, won 3rd place this weekend. I told Joe this was just what the Doctor ordered. He is trying to decide where to go this weekend. Congratulations Joe and good luck where ever you go this weekend.

John, I hope you and Joe end up with something from each other off these 6 Again dogs. With all of us hunting them combined with what Cary Costlow has down in Texas there is every reason to believe we can all continue to enjoy these dogs.

Congratulation also go out to Brad Henson on making his Rumor female a Nt Ch to go along with her grand show champion degree. Good news all around. Best day of my life so far.

Old Post 05-15-2017 02:22 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Made a trip over to Leeds, Alabama last weekend to the BBOA Zone 6 event. Got to meet and visit with a lot of Bluetick people from over there. Plenty of good looking Blue dogs as well.

Took All Jazzed Up home to the Byrds' where have no doubt she will remain. I have a littermate sister to her here-last one on the place directly out of 6 Again. Feel bad about this era ending. There are plenty here second and third generation off him. The Big Boy dog is still in Georgia, Ed has Lady, Joe has Junior and John has Buzzard. Before long it will all be history.

Cutting grass had a close encounter with a snake-turned out to be a big old beautiful King Snake which was let go. I usually kill snakes before identifying them but his distinctive markings made it easy and saved his life. Something you men up north do not have to worry about as much as we do. If I'm not killing snakes it is because I 'm not looking.

Excited about these young dogs and hope they prove they were worthy.

Old Post 06-04-2017 05:41 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

I know of a couple of dogs directly off 6 Again still out there. If you or someone you hunt with has one please let me know. I know of several from dogs that were produced from him. Age and hunting have taken their toll on the few that he sired prior to his early death.

Jet 10 met a similar fate and sired even fewer pups than 6 Again but his pups are so much younger and most are just now beginning to make their mark.

Go on the record here wishing Ed Mead continued success with the young Jet dog he is hunting now. He tells me a litter is soon to be born from him and the Dixie female (Terry Tucker's Boomer x Mead's Blue Lady-6 Again x Tree Slammin Lady). Cory Carlson and I own Dixie. Dixie is also the dam of Ch Gr Nt Ch Homebrew Blue Bo Diddly who was high scoring Bluetick at the World Hunt in 2015.

Crosses like these and good people out there hunting them give me assurance that we will all continue to tree coons and win hunts within this line of dogs. I appreciate hearing from you and wish you good luck.

Old Post 06-25-2017 12:37 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

The Dixie female died on the way to the Vets. office. Dixie and Joleen were two very well bred females that are gone way to early as far as I am concerned. You have to keep trying.

The young dogs actions are very encouraging. From a breeders stand point I have assembled individuals to carry on at the level I wish to be involved at. I am further encouraged by the efforts of several people close to Ed Mead and this line of dogs. The results from some of the line bred crosses are showing up already. Ron Taylor and Jeff Timms, Scott and Paul, Henry, Cary, Cory, Eric, Joe and John, to name a few, names right off the top of my head, sure I will leave some out.

Getting extremely hot here but all indications are we are going to have a good crop of acorns and a good hunting season for everything. I just completed another trip around the sun and I'm glad to still be chasing coons with these hounds.

Good luck to you with yours and when I can help let me know.

Old Post 07-21-2017 09:00 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

IM FIXING TO MIX UP OLE 6 AGAIN!!!LOOKING FOR MY TRIPLE SHOT TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO SIR!!! I BOUGHT A PUP BACK OUTA BUZZ AND TEMBERRTEMBEER WAS OUT OF DUAL GRAND LONESOME X SCHNOOK WOULD LOVE YOUR INPUT?
THOUGHT OLE JOE SHOULD BUY HER FOR JUNIOR

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 07-22-2017 02:00 AM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

If we are lucky getting older is inevitable. It is nice if the acquisition of knowledge occurs during the process. I try to learn something new everyday and enjoy each day. Breeding a better Bluetick encompasses most of what I have mentioned so far. In spite of what some people have said, I do not envision a day where anyone will know it all on this subject. Lately I have read post here and on Facebook where people were wondering why they did not get the respect they obviously felt they were do after having won a number of hunts. They also wondered what else they had to do and for how long in order to receive it.

To date any and all attempts to have a civil discussion have failed. One more time in plain English. Our sport is no better than we make it. Be honest. Do not cheat. Will you win as much? No. Will you feel better when you do win? Absolutely.

Question for you: How can you ever expect to breed better dogs when you have got to cheat to win with the dogs you have? Do you look for dogs to pitch on strike? Do you look for a dog you know will cover another dog on the tree? Does your odds of success depend on your ability to get other handlers scratched?

All of this is food for thought and has a lot to do with our sport, breeding a better hound and being a better person. Pick up your mirror and take a good look to see who is staring back at you. One of these days all you will have are memories, it is up to you to make sure they are good ones.

Old Post 08-12-2017 12:15 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

WELL SAID SIR

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 08-12-2017 01:56 PM
ICB
UKC Forum Member

Any news?

Last post was 8-12-17?
Hope all is well.

Kevin

Old Post 04-11-2018 02:27 PM