UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > info please the pedigree of Wagoners Mr.Quick
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
furyunleashed83
UKC Forum Member

info please the pedigree of Wagoners Mr.Quick

Anyone that knows me knows me knows I'm a pedigree freak! I love tracing the_genealogy of the lines as far back as I can take them. I've done my homework and I can't figure out anything about how wagoners mr.quick was bred. Any info would be helpful and appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2015 02:24 AM
furyunleashed83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for furyunleashed83 Click here to Send furyunleashed83 a Private Message Click Here to Email furyunleashed83 Find more posts by furyunleashed83 Add furyunleashed83 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

not a 100% sure but I think he was

single registered and parents were just kinda made up like jack and june......Im probably wrong on the names, but it was something like that.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 03-14-2015 04:20 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Im sure hillbilly knows.

His dogs go back to Hillbilly mac who was off of quick I think.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 03-14-2015 04:21 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I was close....

daddy was speck and mom was judy. thats it.
turns out he was a great reproducer for sure.
I am sure His owners probably knew what he was out of.

Old Post 03-14-2015 04:32 AM
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

also the dad of logan's wild quick and like said before Hillbilly Mac

Old Post 03-14-2015 06:52 AM
dawgtired62 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgtired62 Click here to Send dawgtired62 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgtired62 Find more posts by dawgtired62 Add dawgtired62 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
furyunleashed83
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info. Guys! I had searched high and low and I knew I couldn't find out anything about his breeding at all. The only thing I could determine at all was that he was hillbilly mac's father. I wish they wouldve kept better records back in those days.

Old Post 03-14-2015 03:22 PM
furyunleashed83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for furyunleashed83 Click here to Send furyunleashed83 a Private Message Click Here to Email furyunleashed83 Find more posts by furyunleashed83 Add furyunleashed83 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

I purchased Mr. Quick when he was about ten months old, started him out training him his first summer and fall. This dog was born and raised in Paynes Cove, here in Southern Middle Tennessee. That is the gospel truth!

Old Post 03-14-2015 05:16 PM
Joe W. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe W. Smith Click here to Send Joe W. Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Joe W. Smith Add Joe W. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey Joe...I never knew that.

So whats the story on his breeding? wasnt he single registered by Bpb and them? tell us more. I never heard anything about him until they started winning with him.
thanks. great stuff to know.

I heard that bone gyp I sold you just sold for $3500. Man I think I messed up. haha

Old Post 03-14-2015 06:04 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

her brother just placed 7th at the

winter classic and her other sister has a first place win and they are just 20 months old. That was a good cross. Hope john makes it again.

Old Post 03-14-2015 06:05 PM
John Gossett
UKC Forum Member

i was told

When I was a kid, I was told Quick was off Hardtime Speck, a ticked up walker single registered as english?? Anyone have any insight on this comment??

PKC Ch, GrNtCh Pine Ridge Emma Top 25 PKC Futrity/Top 100 PKC All Time Reproducing female
PKC Silver Ch, GrNtCh Pine Ridge Emma II
PKC Platinum, GrNtCh Pine Ridge Chic 2002 Senior Super Stakes Champion/Top 100 PKC All Time Reproducing female
PKC Ch, GrNtCh Pine Ridge Tuff
PKC Silver Ch, GrNtCh Pine Ridge Whiskie
PKC Silver Ch, GrNtCh Pine Ridge Spree
NtCh Pine Ridge Queen
PKC Ch, NtCh Pine Ridge Chico
PKC Ch Pine Ridge Loner 2015 Spring Freshman Super Stakes Champion
NtCh Pine Ridge Zella

Old Post 03-16-2015 01:19 PM
John Gossett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Gossett Click here to Send John Gossett a Private Message Click Here to Email John Gossett Find more posts by John Gossett Add John Gossett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe W. Smith
I purchased Mr. Quick when he was about ten months old, started him out training him his first summer and fall. This dog was born and raised in Paynes Cove, here in Southern Middle Tennessee. That is the gospel truth! [/QUOTE

When did Carl Ward get him?

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-16-2015 04:56 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy harrelson
UKC Forum Member

Logans Wild Quick was a saddle back dog that didn't through ticked up dogs, which would have come out if he was off of Hardtime Speck. My father owned him for eight months and bread fourty plus females to him. There was and still is alot of talk about him, which most was untrue. They claimed some of his offspring was not off of him, but when they D.N.A. them they were. His biggest fault was he didn't through offspring with good mouths, and some would not like that most pups were tight mouthed.

Old Post 03-16-2015 06:16 PM
andy harrelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy harrelson Click here to Send andy harrelson a Private Message Click Here to Email andy harrelson Find more posts by andy harrelson Add andy harrelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Wagoners Mr. Quick was out of a male dog that Jerry Bean owned in Winchester, TN. and his dam was a full blooded fox hound. I know because I purchased him for $125 from Benton Roberts. This pup could drive tracks and stay a good hundred yards or more in front of coon dogs. He would tree the coon and tree for about two minutes and pull up and go do it again. I sold him to Glenn Simpson in Winchester TN. and then he ended up going up North.

Old Post 03-16-2015 06:37 PM
Joe W. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe W. Smith Click here to Send Joe W. Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Joe W. Smith Add Joe W. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

i had a daughter of wild quick and fraziers molly she didnt have a very good mouth average at most . I wondered where that came from or didnt . Also she was a good reproducer but she did throw a few pups that were still mouths ..Thanks for the info ..really

Old Post 03-16-2015 06:46 PM
dawgtired62 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgtired62 Click here to Send dawgtired62 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgtired62 Find more posts by dawgtired62 Add dawgtired62 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Quick was a NATURAL young dog. I don't remember the breeding of Quicks sire but his name was Spot. I hunted him a lot with Hershal Brown for Jerry Bean.

Old Post 03-16-2015 06:58 PM
gt550
UKC Forum Member

If Mr Bob Wagner is still around he's the one to talk to. Around Paris TN

Treejamin tenn lady htx2
2014 perfomance sire pkc ss sire
Grch Pr TreeJamin Tenn Hardwood Henry 1st Plc 2 htx
We use and recommend cajun lights

Old Post 03-17-2015 12:23 AM
gt550 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gt550 Click here to Send gt550 a Private Message Find more posts by gt550 Add gt550 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scott stewart
UKC Forum Member

female

I have a female out of Quicks Wild Buddy black white ticked up female, looks like a English dog, now I know where that came from, learn something every day

Old Post 03-17-2015 02:48 AM
scott stewart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scott stewart Click here to Send scott stewart a Private Message Click Here to Email scott stewart Find more posts by scott stewart Add scott stewart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Bob Wagoner is alive and doing well. I talked to him about a month ago on the phone.

Old Post 03-17-2015 03:51 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Quick sire was Speck and dam was Judy
Specks sire was freckles and dam was molly
Judy's sire was Duck and dam was duchess
neither of these dogs other than Quick have a registration number, according to my papers.

Old Post 03-18-2015 08:35 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

any of you guys wanting some

Hilllbilly mac blood need to talk to Matt here..otherwise known as ssgied....not sure how you got that mac unless you were trying to type in Matt and was one key off on your computer and in the dark when you signed up. hahaha

Matt has one of the tightest bred old blooded Hillbilly mac dogs up close as there is.
His Confederate Jess dog is a gr. ch. Nt. ch that is a nice small tight built all coondog from what I have heard.
I know his pedigree is very impressive. Line bred on Hillbilly Mac bred and has several shots of Spring creek Radar as a kicker.

Anybody around middle tenn need to pm or just give him a buzz. He has a nice dog and I recommend him being bred to.

Old Post 03-18-2015 11:20 PM
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

The Sire to Mr. Quick was a dog named SPOT and I don't know his real dams name. I was asked by a friend to just keep quiet about Quicks bloodline when I was a young hard hunter because people from here knew his bloodline. Some hunters back in that day just put those names on his pedigree to single register the dog. I dont know who made up his papers, and really do not care, but I KNOW WHAT MR.QUICKS BLOODLINE WAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE! You can sugar it up any way you want. Thats the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-19-2015 03:08 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

yea Joe....when somebody

single registers a dog, they just make up names to put a pedigree together. I dont think Matt was questioning your input, just stating what his papers say. I know from personal 1st hand expericence several dogs in all our dogs pedigrees were from cur dog crosses and bird dog crosses on our hounds back in the 60's and 70's plus it wasnt uncommon for dog traders to put false papers on dogs back during that same time. I know of several local dogs including some complete breeding lines that go back to dogs with false papers on them, but the deal is at some point somebody started doing it right and keeping right records and breeding what the correct papers said they were and we have purified the bloodlines now. With DNA profiles we can stop that from happening now. I am sure a crook here and there does that but we have to keep in perspective what the registerations of dogs was like back in the beginning of UKC, Acha, and then PKC.

There were lots of dogs back during Quicks early years that were done the same way....lots of them.

You can back to a dog called Crawfords Boss who was behind several world champions and he was born and raised right in the Memphis Tn area and it is a known fact he was half cur if not down right almost all cur. Grade dog who had some papers put on his momma and I think she might have even been a bluetick at that.
One of my buddies knew every pup in that litter and all the gang behind getting papers put on them etc.

So it is no big deal to me quicks pedigree was this or that. HE was a coondog and a reproducer of coon dogs. that speaks volumes.

Old Post 03-19-2015 05:51 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

The only that matters to me is that he produced World Nite Champion Smith's Hillbilly Mac!!!

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 03-19-2015 06:03 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

I totally agree. I would love to have a young dog direct out of Mr. Quick or his son Hillbilly Mac today! LOL I am not bashing this bloodline. I have owned and hunted many a dog off this bloodline. Just wanting to get the truth out there.Thanks!

Old Post 03-19-2015 06:14 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Smith I was only giving the OP the pedigree as listed by UKC.
That is all I have to go by as I was not there when the breeding took place.
I do have a question, how was Spot bred?

Old Post 03-20-2015 01:05 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote