UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Compromise/Solution
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Compromise/Solution

I have it. Now this isn't complaining, it is coming up with a solution. Where is Allen? This would be a "format" change and UKC could do it on their own.

1. Use the current rules with a 3 minute countdown for registered classes.

2. Use the new rules for Champion classes.

We wouldn't automatically exclude anybody from starting out with a young dog but the guys that want an independent to a fault dog would know that is what would be in Champion classes. And everyone would know that a dog that made Gr Nt Ch was an independant to a fault type dog.

There would be something for everyone and we could "try out" the new rule in Champion classes to see how it worked out. Hunters could decide while they were hunting in registered classes if they wanted to train their dogs to be independent to a fault and hunt with the Elite Pros or just stop at Nt Ch.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-08-2019 at 06:04 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-08-2019 05:40 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Compromise/Solution

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I have it...
1. Use the current rules with a 3 minute countdown for registered classes.

2. Use the new rules for Champion classes.

We wouldn't automatically exclude anybody from starting out with a young dog but the guys that want an independent to a fault dog would know that is what would be in Champion classes. And everyone would know that a dog that made Gr Nt Ch was an independant to a fault type dog.

There would be something for everyone and we could "try out" the new rule in Champion classes to see how it worked out. Hunters could decide while they were hunting in registered classes if they wanted to train their dogs to be independent to a fault and hunt with the Elite Pros or just stop at Nt Ch.

Or just get a red dog that ain’t slow !!

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-08-2019 05:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, You have fell an bumped your head.😂

Old Post 09-08-2019 06:02 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

Not to long ago you spent a lot of time crying and whining like a baby about UKC and their rules.Now you think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.Lot of sucking up it seems.As far as the rules go I could care less what they are.I'll play by whatever they are.No whining or kissing ass about them.And no I don't and won't hunt a off breed (walker)

Old Post 09-08-2019 06:54 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Tarbaby, there you go making racist remarks again.

Old Post 09-08-2019 06:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness Tarbaby, there you go making racist remarks again.

You the one named me tarbaby. Thats like the boy named sue.

Tar

Old Post 09-08-2019 07:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yardman
UKC Forum Member

RedDog Man

I for 1have to agree with Richard.
Tom

Old Post 09-08-2019 07:50 PM
yardman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yardman Click here to Send yardman a Private Message Find more posts by yardman Add yardman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rules/Changes

Lol. The ink isn't even dry and the final draft not even made public, yet we have ALL of this griping and complaining and belly aching about WHAT certain individuals want to believe will happen. Why can't we just sit back and see what the final rules will be? You will have all the time you want after that to decide if you want to play under the new rules, or sit on the porch and watch. We all have choices on playing or not playing. What I am seeing is the older guys complaining and the younger guys loving the new rules. Truth be told, the younger guys are the future if this sport and will be the ones making it work. The older guys, myself included have had our time to shine, we can either play with the younger guys or watch them from the porch. I think that I will play with them as long as I can. I like the concept if the best dog winning every time. Dave

Old Post 09-08-2019 08:44 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Richard's idea is worth consideration.

Old Post 09-08-2019 08:45 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Rules/Changes

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Lol. The ink isn't even dry and the final draft not even made public, yet we have ALL of this griping and complaining and belly aching about WHAT certain individuals want to believe will happen. Why can't we just sit back and see what the final rules will be? You will have all the time you want after that to decide if you want to play under the new rules, or sit on the porch and watch. We all have choices on playing or not playing. What I am seeing is the older guys complaining and the younger guys loving the new rules. Truth be told, the younger guys are the future if this sport and will be the ones making it work. The older guys, myself included have had our time to shine, we can either play with the younger guys or watch them from the porch. I think that I will play with them as long as I can. I like the concept if the best dog winning every time. Dave

Dave I am old and like the new rules ........... hmmmmm 😂

Tar

Old Post 09-08-2019 08:53 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You and me both like these new rules...........wait, we both like a coondog winning these hunts. Huuuuuuuuum. Dave

Old Post 09-08-2019 09:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Lets go back to the original set of rules ukc had when they started...🤣

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 09-09-2019 12:54 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote