UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > For all you tough guys!
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micooner
UKC Forum Member

In my opinion some of the tests are worthless. My 54 yo wife has a myleoproliverative disorder. Mimics leukemia or blood cancer. Been well controlled going on ten years. When I took to the her they ran a snap test negative, another test negative. Admitted, quarantined, cdc got involved nasal swab negative. Throat swab negative, wanted to do a lung tissue sample I told them no more, blood test finally positive. She had it. 103 temp, lost her taste, 82% saturation level with 80 % of both lungs on scan showing broken glass opacity. Six months later she is in all reality disabled with no good outcome as of now. I've tested negative every month so take this for what it is worth.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-06-2020 07:07 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Covid

My hunting partner age 82 nearly 83 Jan 2021 has Covid and he says this is the worst sickness he has ever had. Said the pain in his joints is at times unbearable. I sure hope that I do not get this stuff, he has been really sick for over a week now, but seems to be doing a little better every day, has not had a fevor now in the last 3 days. Covid seems to really attack older folks with weaker immune systems, I sure hope they get a vaccine that's effective asap. Dave

Old Post 12-09-2020 06:27 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

Wife is getting the new vaccine next week hopefully that means it will be available to everyone real soon

Old Post 12-10-2020 02:49 AM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

https://summit.news/2020/12/08/cnn-...ng-the-vaccine/

Old Post 12-10-2020 03:08 PM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, what a sensationalist headline. That is typical CNN.

Old Post 12-10-2020 03:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by rick brocious
https://summit.news/2020/12/08/cnn-...ng-the-vaccine/

Funny they have came up with this statement. Just last night I was watching a precautionary video on these vaccines that stated the narrative would state the very same thing to keep people from blaming the vaccine when people died after receiving it. A safe Coronavirus vaccine has never been successfully developed despite years of trying and then wahala here it is.
What we do know from info they have let out... the vaccine will not prevent you from getting the virus nor transmitting it but the hope is that it will lessen it's affects. It has not been tested on pregnant or lactating women as they were not included in any trials. In the UK they are at present "banned" from receiving the vaccine. It is also unknown if it will have any affects on future pregnancy since there has been no long term testing from these short trials. Unrelated to the vaccine we are yet to know how those who have "caught" the virus itself if they will have future fertility issues. We do no that the virus is found in the testes of men and many doctors are concerned about fertility in the future. Those who have a history of severe allergic reactions (those who may require epipens) should proceed with caution as they are finding out in the early few days of the UK rollout.

"The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has advised that the coronavirus prophylactic should not be administered to people with a “history of a significant reaction” to medicines, foods, or vaccines, after two National Health Service (NHS) workers showed_symptoms of an “anaphylactoid reaction”_shortly after being injected.
From now on, vaccination should only be carried out in places with resuscitation facilities, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has said."

*People with a history of anaphylactic reactions had been excluded from test groups.

I'm not an antivaxxer but will be waiting to see how this pans out. I do find it most concerning that some airlines and even those who sell tickets for large concerts plan on making people show their proof of vaccination in the near future. We are already finding out that certain groups have not been included in the early testing and they are going to be excluded from travel as a result of being cautious going forward, ridiculous! Big tech is already censoring way to many voices surrounding these vaccines where we cannot consider that we have informed consent upon taking it.
For those of you who are at the front of the line I do hope that it proves safe and effective in the long term. I am in no way discouraging or encouraging anyone each person should do what is best for themselves and read as much information as possible before making their own informed decision on what is right for them.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 12-10-2020 at 07:32 PM

Old Post 12-10-2020 07:14 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Jen, where do you come up with this stuff? Have you been talking to Chuck again?
Have you been sampling your own brownies?

Old Post 12-10-2020 09:43 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness Jen, where do you come up with this stuff? Have you been talking to Chuck again?
Have you been sampling your own brownies?

She sounds well informed to me.

Old Post 12-10-2020 10:08 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

She must be getting her info from the dark web. Come toward the light, Jen....

Old Post 12-10-2020 10:27 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
She must be getting her info from the dark web. Come toward the light, Jen....

The rabbit hole is dark but I always carry a good light! Eyes wide open Richard.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...iontech-vaccine

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...e-older-adults?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-10-2020 10:38 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What is Healthline? Didn't the FDA just okay the vaccine after going over every bit of the info? Pages and pages and pages. Their scientists know a whole lot more than you or I do. They are also ultra consevative. Their word is good enough for me. You are trying to read something into findings that you apparantly don't understand. Some people have highly allergic systems. They have to carry an epi pen around with them. That is what the UK is talking about.
It takes too long and too much money to separate out different classes of people such as pregnant, elderly or children when you do a study or trial. Can you just imagine how many pregnant woman, elderly or children would show up for a trial? That doesn't mean that it isn't safe for them. It just means they weren't studied.
Surely as intelligent as you are, you know all of this. I really shouldn't have to explain it. But if you are pregnant or a child or have severe allergies then don't get the shot. They won't give it to you anyway. Just hope that enough brave Americans show up to take the shot and achieve herd immunity to save you.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-10-2020 at 11:47 PM

Old Post 12-10-2020 11:44 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
What is Healthline? Didn't the FDA just okay the vaccine after going over every bit of the info? Pages and pages and pages. Their scientists know a whole lot more than you or I do. They are also ultra consevative. Their word is good enough for me. You are trying to read something into findings that you apparantly don't understand. Some people have highly allergic systems. They have to carry an epi pen around with them. That is what the UK is talking about.
It takes too long and too much money to separate out different classes of people such as pregnant, elderly or children when you do a study or trial. Can you just imagine how many pregnant woman, elderly or children would show up for a trial? That doesn't mean that it isn't safe for them. It just means they weren't studied.
Surely as intelligent as you are, you know all of this. I really shouldn't have to explain it. But if you are pregnant or a child or have severe allergies then don't get the shot. They won't give it to you anyway. Just hope that enough brave Americans show up to take the shot and achieve herd immunity to save you.

The FDA vote for emergency use is Sunday they can follow the committee recommendation or not. Today was a committee meeting 8 hours and 41 minutes long. I've been watching parts of it. They voted 17 yes, 4 no and 1 abstention. The vote there passed. Most of the tension was over whether to include 16 and 17 year olds for vaccinations risk/benefit several pediatricians spoke out against them being included.
I will post a link to the complete FDA meeting on YouTube and the STAT analysis of it.
I've confirmed info that I posted earlier about pregnant women have been excluded from trials and so no data on their safety exists. Also, no one living in nursing home settings were in the trials. People that are immunosy compromised and suppressed were also excluded from trials.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-11-2020 02:07 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Rundown of updates throughout the day from committee meeting
https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/10...vid-19-vaccine/
Complete video of meeting today from FDA US Food and Drug Administration channel - not hearsay or cut up in parts by another news agency.
https://youtu.be/owveMJBTc2I
This is where my info from today has came from. I posted in above post. I have not had time to watch its entirety but have several significant parts.
As I stated earlier each person should make an informed decision on what is right for them.
It is concerning that the most vulnerable in our population will soon become Guinea pigs as they have not been included in prior test studies. FDA considers their risk/benefit ratio to be beneficial in getting the vaccine. I hope they are correct.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 12-11-2020 at 02:27 AM

Old Post 12-11-2020 02:16 AM
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

Everyone should be informed before taking the vaccine.when me and my wife were discussing it I kept bringing up thalidomide and all that went wrong with that because of poor trials.In her case she’s betting on the vaccine.

Old Post 12-11-2020 12:58 PM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
..... I hope they are correct.

They sure are a lot smarter than we are when it comes to vaccines and they have a lot more experience. So, instead of just hoping, I am going to believe them when they say that it is safe.

Old Post 12-11-2020 03:09 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

It is like anything else. It is risk vs reward.

I hope my parents take the vaccine. Their risk from the disease is much higher than their risk from the vaccine.

On the other hand, my children will not be getting the vaccine as the risk of the disease is much less than the risk of the vaccine.

I would personally take it if I hadn't already had the disease.

Medicine is not cookie cutter, which is the whole point I have been making in this thread. It is dangerous when media members start screaming one thing over and over when the risk should be stratified by each individual.

It is no different for this vaccine. You need to discuss your risk of covid vs your risk of the vaccine with your DOCTOR. Not the media, not the CDC, not Fauci.

Old Post 12-12-2020 12:50 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am not going to take it for myself. I am not worried about getting covid. I will take it to get our country over this panicdemic nonsense. Everyone taking the vaccine is the only way to take control back from the government and get our lives back to "normal". The dumrats have used the panicdemic as an excuse to take control of us. They even used it to rig the election and get Biden elected President.

Old Post 12-12-2020 02:23 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I am not going to take it for myself. I am not worried about getting covid. I will take it to get our country over this panicdemic nonsense. Everyone taking the vaccine is the only way to take control back from the government and get our lives back to "normal". The dumrats have used the panicdemic as an excuse to take control of us. They even used it to rig the election and get Biden elected President.
Now Richard, come on man. If the government wants to control your life, do you think taking a shot is going to stop them?

Old Post 12-12-2020 06:51 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It will get rid of the excuse that they have been using since Feb. It is just my way of fighting back. Of course I also voted for Trump but we see how that worked out.

Old Post 12-12-2020 07:18 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Lol. I will definitely take the shot for myself and ALL those folks that I am around. My hunting partner has Covid and he is seriously sick. I do not want to Risk getting Covid nor do I want to risk giving Covid to anyone else. Taking responsibility not only for yourself but those around you is the right thing to do. Dave

Old Post 12-12-2020 08:28 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If I get the shot it will be in my house or in the woods. That's the only places I've been in six months.

Old Post 12-12-2020 08:47 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
If I get the shot it will be in my house or in the woods. That's the only places I've been in six months.

Donald, we may just use a tranquilizer gun to give you this shot. Lol..Dave

Old Post 12-13-2020 02:01 AM
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

I'm shocked

I have my own opinions on Covid, based on being on the front lines, unprotected by PPE, since the beginning. BUT they are just my opinions so I will keep them to my self.

What I find shocking about this thread are the number of posts supporting the dems and bashing the republicans! I find it hard to believe that anyone who cherishes the 2nd Amendment, loves hunting, and loves the way of life that I would think most coon hunters, or hunters in general, enjoy, would even consider voting for a democrat for POTUS, or the Senate or the House. This particular statement may go against the rules and get me in trouble but so be it, I don't see how anyone that is a Christian and a believer in the word of Jesus Christ could vote for a party that supports anything and everything that is un-Godly! If you think they support your rights, you're delusional! If Biden is actually sworn in on Jan 20th, and he probably will be, and God forbid the Dems win the Senate runoff in Georgia in January, GOD HELP US ALL!! They will pack the SCOTUS with liberal justices to regain a liberal majority on the court and the COTUS will be nothing more than an old piece of paper. You can disagree with me all you want and that's fine, that's your right, BUT mark my word, IT WILL HAPPEN!

And I will say this: I firmly believe that if this had not been a Presidential election year, we would have heard very little about Covid 19. Not that it wouldn't have been covered, I'm sure it would have, but not to the extent it has been. There is no doubt in my mind that the Dems used Covid to influence the election!

Last edited by LSO1103 on 12-14-2020 at 06:03 PM

Old Post 12-14-2020 05:59 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I called my local hospital that I used to work at to see if I could sneak in line and get a Covid shot. My buddies that still work there said that they would be checking employee name badges closely. So it looks like I will have to wait until next month to get a shot. Apparently they are only shipping 57,000 doses of the vaccine to all of Tennessee in this first batch so only current health care employees will get a shot. All of the ones that I have talked to can't wait to get theirs.

Old Post 12-14-2020 06:22 PM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: I'm shocked

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
I have my own opinions on Covid, based on being on the front lines, unprotected by PPE, since the beginning. BUT they are just my opinions so I will keep them to my self.

What I find shocking about this thread are the number of posts supporting the dems and bashing the republicans! I find it hard to believe that anyone who cherishes the 2nd Amendment, loves hunting, and loves the way of life that I would think most coon hunters, or hunters in general, enjoy, would even consider voting for a democrat for POTUS, or the Senate or the House. This particular statement may go against the rules and get me in trouble but so be it, I don't see how anyone that is a Christian and a believer in the word of Jesus Christ could vote for a party that supports anything and everything that is un-Godly! If you think they support your rights, you're delusional! If Biden is actually sworn in on Jan 20th, and he probably will be, and God forbid the Dems win the Senate runoff in Georgia in January, GOD HELP US ALL!! They will pack the SCOTUS with liberal justices to regain a liberal majority on the court and the COTUS will be nothing more than an old piece of paper. You can disagree with me all you want and that's fine, that's your right, BUT mark my word, IT WILL HAPPEN!

And I will say this: I firmly believe that if this had not been a Presidential election year, we would have heard very little about Covid 19. Not that it wouldn't have been covered, I'm sure it would have, but not to the extent it has been. There is no doubt in my mind that the Dems used Covid to influence the election!

10-4...10-4...on everything you said...

Old Post 12-15-2020 12:05 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote