UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rural King Good Friends 30 / 20 feed
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Rural King Good Friends 30 / 20 feed

anyone using it, if so how are your hounds doing on it..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-15-2018 12:51 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Friends 30/20

Been feeding it to 1 Hound for about 1 month.....So far so good.
Not much clean up, Dog eats it good.
Seems to be a Good Food.
Time will tell.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 09-15-2018 03:31 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Orange bag 30-20

Been feeding it 3-4 months.
They seem to like it.Slick coats,no dandruff or skin rashes...Sure is Cheap too 19.00!!
Pat B. on here did research on it.Don't have all the bad chemicals/preservatives like in most dog food.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 09-15-2018 05:58 AM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Orange bag 30-20

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Been feeding it 3-4 months.
They seem to like it.Slick coats,no dandruff or skin rashes...Sure is Cheap too 19.00!!
Pat B. on here did research on it.Don't have all the bad chemicals/preservatives like in most dog food.

Same here as far as slick Coat & Shiny too.
When I first got this 12 month old Male he looked kind of rough, his hair waa dull had had flaky Dander all over his back. He wouldnt eat the Sportmix, so I seen this Feed for $19 and picked up a Bag....He eats it Very Good and doing good on it. Time will tell.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-15-2018 12:34 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

OK

I saw the suspect bad additive was not used in it. It sells here at Rural King for 20.99 for 40 lbs. Any more comments would be helpful !!

Old Post 09-15-2018 03:01 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Bragg
UKC Forum Member

Fed it for around 4 or 5 months now. To the dogs I hunt every night and growing puppies. Don't know how but the man at rural king says its got something to do with being the scraps of pro plan. Idk about that but Its a real good feed and a lot of people feeding it around here. Went up a dollar so I hope it doesnt get too popular!!!

GRNTCH PKC PLANTIUM CH PICKIN UP STYXX
Marion, NC
(828)-803-9790
I use and recommend-
Sunspot Lights

Old Post 09-15-2018 03:48 PM
Kyle Bragg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Bragg Click here to Send Kyle Bragg a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Bragg Find more posts by Kyle Bragg Add Kyle Bragg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I fed it in the winter time a couple of years ago when it got really cold and the dogs gained weight on it quickly. Good Friends dog food is made by Nutreena. When I compared the ingredients of the River Run 30 20 to the ingredients of Good Friends 30 20 they were identical.
Same feed just in a different bag. Some of the Good Friends brand dog food is identical to the River Run, some identical to Nutreena's Loyall brand, and some mixes are specific to the Good Friends brand but all are made by Nutreena and put in a Good Friends bag for Rural King to have their own brand of dog food. I've fed the Good Friends grain free, the 30 20 and also a couple of the other mixes to some of dogs at different times with decent to good results.

With that said I have switched all of my dogs back to The Pride Pro Series blends of feed.

Old Post 09-15-2018 04:11 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

hard

to beat the price.. I mixed some in with the maintenance blend I have fed this summer and they went right after it. I have been mixing 27 /10 with some 18 /6 to limit fat and keep em slim. Guessing I wind up at about 22 /8 or so with the mix. But it is going to be hunting season soon so I'm also mixing in the 30 /20 and will go straight 30 /20 when this mix runs out.. Thanks for all the comments so far keep em coming...

Old Post 09-15-2018 08:34 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

The Good Friends grain free is as good as Diamond and costs a little less per pound. I believe it's better than the Valu Pak grain free but it costs just a little more per pound. Biggest thing is that if somebody had a Rural King in their area they are usually open later and on weekends so it's easier to stop and get when needed. That's one of the biggest reasons I fed their feed for awhile.

Old Post 09-15-2018 09:43 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Friends 30/20

I havent tried the Grain Free formula yet......been Happy with the 30/20 so far.
I have 2 Rural Kings within 20 minutes of me, so yes its Very Convenient for me.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-15-2018 11:27 PM
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

After reading some of these reviews I swung by Rural King this weekend and got a bag of the 30/20 for $20.99 to try. I like the price for sure !

Old Post 09-17-2018 10:44 PM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

Any new opinions on the feed? Was thinking about getting some for a pup.

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 12-09-2018 01:49 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I do feed the River Run 30/20 and have for several years. I pay about $27 including tax for 50 lb. at the feed mill l drive by every day. In the summer l am able to cut them down drastically in the cold months l feed them about 5 cups a day. I feel l get a pretty good bang for the buck.

Old Post 12-09-2018 02:24 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why do dogs need 30% protein now when all that they used to get was 21%? Ten years ago 21% was "high protein" dog food and dogs did just as good on it. Why do dogs today need 30% protein?
Purina has supposedly done all of the research so they are making 28-30% protein dog feed. But they are still making and selling 21% Dog Chow also. If dogs all of a sudden need 30% protein in their feed then why is Purina still selling 21% Dog Chow?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-09-2018 at 03:26 PM

Old Post 12-09-2018 03:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

TO MUCH VIT D

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 12-09-2018 03:25 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyblackdogman
UKC Forum Member

It’s been a while any new comments about Good Friends dog feed

Psalms 119:89

Old Post 05-09-2020 02:21 PM
kyblackdogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyblackdogman Click here to Send kyblackdogman a Private Message Click Here to Email kyblackdogman Find more posts by kyblackdogman Add kyblackdogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

yep

I would like to see more comments on this thread.

Old Post 05-09-2020 09:13 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Good Friends 30/20

I havent fed it for awhile and may go back to feeding one of my two Hounds to see how it does ...again.
I have switched over to Pedigree and have been Surprisingly Pleased. I get the Pedigree 50 # bag for about $20....Dogs eat it good, look good and not much cleanup.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-09-2020 09:28 PM
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

I like this feed. The non store brand is River run. My dog did well on both

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 05-09-2020 10:56 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Difference......

Still feeding it.Still like results.

Don't have a lot of bad Cancer causing chemicals 'most' dog food has, that people don't realize or just don't care?

Cheap

Dogs look great on it.

Not much more clean up than over rated 'grain free' .....unless you over feed.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 05-11-2020 at 09:38 PM

Old Post 05-11-2020 04:39 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Martin
New UKC Forum Member

Good friends 30/20

I’ve Been feeding pro plan sport 30/20
And pro plan puppy to my brood bitches after day 30 of pregnancy and to my pups
1. It’s very expensive
2. I’m not impressed - dogs who aren t raising pups seem to do good on it but nothing I haven’t seen other feeds do .

My biggest concern with switching to a CHEAP dog feeds is that I generally notice worse dental health within a few months - thinking it’s from the higher corn load .? We lost a great hound to oral cancer at age 6 so after that I started worrying quite a bit more about it - ( Don’t know if anyone remembers Trick Magic) He did win the ACHA world hunt winning 6 consecutive casts and was also granded at 15 months old . He was a great reproducer and had a heart of pure gold

My question is has anyone fed this Good friends 30/20 long enough to notice long term results ? I’d love to save the money if I can.

Old Post 12-29-2020 12:46 PM
Shannon Martin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Martin Click here to Send Shannon Martin a Private Message Click Here to Email Shannon Martin Find more posts by Shannon Martin Add Shannon Martin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I've used good friends for well over a year now and it works great for my hounds they have shiny coats and are in good shape. Just switch to the lower protien in the summer like you would on any other dog feed works great and I recommend it.

Old Post 12-30-2020 07:08 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Been

a while since I started this thread.. I got good results from the GF's 30/20.. I did however switch to 4 Health Salmon and Potato because our gyp has allergy issues with her skin.. It has helped but not eliminated it.... I would rather feed the 30/20 but it is not possible for now...

Old Post 01-01-2021 02:30 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Been

quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Valentino
a while since I started this thread.. I got good results from the GF's 30/20.. I did however switch to 4 Health Salmon and Potato because our gyp has allergy issues with her skin.. It has helped but not eliminated it.... I would rather feed the 30/20 but it is not possible for now...

Wayne, Rural King sells Loyall and I think they have a Salmon and Potato blend. The Loyall blends are also sold in a Good Friends bag got a couple dollars less, both made by Nutreena. Loyall is supposed to be their premium blend. As you know the 30/20 River Run and the 30/20 Good Friends are the same feed made by Nutreena only in different bags. I was told all of Good Friend dog food blends are made by Nutreena and I have fed different blends without any problems.

Old Post 01-01-2021 06:03 AM
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

I

compared ingredience on them and the 4Health was better and less expensive which shocked me...

Old Post 01-01-2021 12:59 PM