UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > White River Refuge
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

White River Refuge

Anyone find a decent place to stay since Sweatt's closed down?

Trader's Midnight Money RIP
Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-27-2016 04:57 PM
Wormy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wormy Click here to Send Wormy a Private Message Click Here to Email Wormy Find more posts by Wormy Add Wormy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I got a cabin at Maddox bay. Looks nice

Old Post 09-27-2016 06:04 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

They told me they have a 30 day cancellation policy to get a refund and with the possibility of flooding I hate to loose all my money!!

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 09-27-2016 06:11 PM
Wormy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wormy Click here to Send Wormy a Private Message Click Here to Email Wormy Find more posts by Wormy Add Wormy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

There's a place near Ethel on the South Unit called Pine Lake Lodge. They're pretty reasonable, but their cancellation policy leaves a little to be desired as well. Tried to stay with them last year and ended up not going because of the floods, and had to eat my deposit.
We've camped for years, and if I go again this year I'll be camping again.

Old Post 09-27-2016 07:56 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Maddox bay wouldn't take a deposit from us. We tried. Lady said hey it may flood and you not make it. She assured me my cabin was ready when I got there

Old Post 09-28-2016 12:32 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

She was booked for Thanksgiving weekend when I called... She also told me rumor was Duck Dynasty bought Sweatt's but she said you know how rumors are.. LOL

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 09-29-2016 03:56 PM
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 10-10-2016 05:06 PM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Wormy

It looks like we are in for the week on Nov 28 - Dec 2 at Maddox Bay lodge. They were real helpful.
Thanks again H L

Old Post 10-11-2016 05:06 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

That's great u can hunt the north and south unit that week!!

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 10-11-2016 05:16 PM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

high ridge

I sent U a "e" wondering if U got it?

Old Post 10-12-2016 08:47 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cain99
UKC Forum Member

JMO, you could'nt pay me to go down there & hunt. multiple dogs have gotten blasto from that nasty bacterial swampy water.

#765-617-1725

Old Post 10-14-2016 02:00 PM
cain99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cain99 Click here to Send cain99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cain99 Find more posts by cain99 Add cain99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by cain99
JMO, you could'nt pay me to go down there & hunt. multiple dogs have gotten blasto from that nasty bacterial swampy water.

What? I have hunted here all my life and seen one dog with Blasto. It lived and hunted in the hills. Most of the water in the refuge is moving river, and lakes no different than anywhere else. As much as I have hunted in there I have never seen a real swamp. Just lakes and the river.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-15-2016 03:16 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: high ridge

quote:
Originally posted by H. L. Meyer
I sent U a "e" wondering if U got it?

I don't think so

Old Post 10-15-2016 03:44 AM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

OK

I just sent U a "pm"

Old Post 10-15-2016 09:18 PM
cain99
UKC Forum Member

Just hear say... I have never been down there.....

#765-617-1725

Old Post 10-16-2016 07:42 PM
cain99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cain99 Click here to Send cain99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cain99 Find more posts by cain99 Add cain99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Fielder
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted the White River Refuge for about six years now. Never heard of a dog getting blasto there. I've hunted Ole Hoss there in each of those years and he's healthy as a horse.

There is some bad news coming out of Maddox Bay. Janice, the lady that ran the Maddox Bay marina/campground has passed away.

If the family decides to discontinue the operation this will put a serious shortage on available lodging. We are told our reservations are in tact for this year but the decision is still up in the air as to the future.

Old Post 10-17-2016 02:28 AM
Steve Fielder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Fielder Visit Steve Fielder's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Fielder Add Steve Fielder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I talked with them and made reservations last week. When did you did you get this news. I hope all is well Danny said he would call when he received my check but I have not head from him.

Old Post 10-17-2016 02:39 AM