UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ok I feel better.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Ok I feel better.

But for some reason the PHKC feels with all the publicity that we are owed some royalties over the use of possums in the coonhound events we still think we need to send a representative to Kalamazoo to hash out the details (me) over coffee and donuts lol !!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-26-2016 07:50 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Tanya Raab

Seriously, we are starting to get a large following hear. I think its time to recognize. The PHKC could be a value to you all. I think we could even bend a little and hold some dual hunts, possum and coon. Noticed I put possum first.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 09-26-2016 08:30 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I am in process of trying to buy a good possum dog. I am ready

Old Post 09-26-2016 08:32 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

I'm training one now. She should be ready by the time PHKC gets up and running.

I'm hoping to get that stuffed possum for winning the PHKC World Hunt. Got a place cleared off on the mantle for it.

Nitech Ch 'PR' Cornell's Hardwood Hurricane HTX

GrSqch 2017 Arklahoma Winter Classic Champion
The Outlaw Dottie

Old Post 09-26-2016 08:48 PM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Billy

You want a good possum dog, get a pup head over to Union chapel rd and turn loose where the pavement stops. Never in my life have I seen that many possums. There are some coon too but unbelievable possums.

Old Post 09-26-2016 08:50 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

That stuffed possum is going to be on my mantle

Old Post 09-26-2016 11:05 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Both of you got to beat me first remember I make the rules hee, hee, hee , ahhhhhh , ha ,ha !!

Old Post 09-26-2016 11:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

What are you going to do,try to make us see a possum when really it is a coon

Old Post 09-26-2016 11:29 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Nope two possums in one tree double points in a persimmon tree triple points and we all know why usually ain't nothing up there but persimmons lol.

Old Post 09-26-2016 11:37 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I would be proud of my dog if he ever had anything in a persimmon tree

Old Post 09-26-2016 11:41 PM
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
What are you going to do,try to make us see a possum when really it is a coon

I laughed right out loud when I read this.

Seriously though, will curs be allowed to hunt PHKC with hounds?

Old Post 09-27-2016 01:49 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Funny

How they are never there.

Old Post 09-27-2016 01:52 AM
SugarCreekBlues
UKC Forum Member

Heard through the grapevine ( possum grapes that is ) that
PHKC was x-Breeding Coons and possums. That's why you see them together in the same tree so often.

Old Post 09-27-2016 01:54 AM
SugarCreekBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarCreekBlues Click here to Send SugarCreekBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email SugarCreekBlues Find more posts by SugarCreekBlues Add SugarCreekBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Yep we going to call them passoons.

Old Post 09-27-2016 11:01 AM
WalkerPower21
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SugarCreekBlues
Heard through the grapevine ( possum grapes that is ) that
PHKC was x-Breeding Coons and possums. That's why you see them together in the same tree so often.

This is the greatest one out of all these threads on this situation of phantom coon an x breed possum coon

Old Post 09-27-2016 05:44 PM
WalkerPower21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WalkerPower21 Click here to Send WalkerPower21 a Private Message Find more posts by WalkerPower21 Add WalkerPower21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Way back in the "good old days" there were very few coons around here. But there were quite a few possums. So everyone just hunted and treed what they could. Our club had hunts where possums counted as singles and you got double points for a coon. Back in those days they also had 3 hr hunts because it took you that long to tree something. And these were grade dog hunts.
But then we started getting more and more coons so hunters started registering their dogs with UKC. First they had grade hunts where possums counted and UKC registered dog hunts where only coons counted. Before long all of the grade dogs had been phased out and everyone started breaking their registered dogs off possums.
Then they changed to 2 hr hunts because it didn't take 3 hrs to find and tree a coon anymore.
Now y'all are wanting to go waay back in time and start counting/scoring possums again. First you will have to get rid of all of the coons and everyone will have to start scoring possums again.

Old Post 09-27-2016 06:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moonshine man
UKC Forum Member

from what ive been reading an seeing the coon numbers an dog power dont come into play when treeing a slick tail , it looks as it has come back full circle again ..

Old Post 09-27-2016 06:44 PM
moonshine man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moonshine man Click here to Send moonshine man a Private Message Find more posts by moonshine man Add moonshine man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Does anybody know who it was that decided way back when that possums were "off game"? I mean our dogs are "tree dogs" aren't they? Why can't we score any game that they tree? Why does a dog have to be scratched for treeing a possum? I would understand if a coon was worth more points than a possum but I don't understand why a possum is so bad that a dog should be kicked out of a hunt for treeing one. I think that the poor possum is getting a bad rap here. He/she can't help it if they don't have any hair on their tail. They were born that way. We don't scratch a dog for treeing a turkey do we?

Old Post 09-27-2016 07:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike thomason
UKC Forum Member

PHKC World Hunt 1930

That man behind the steering wheel was the judge on the final cast at PHKC finals in 1930. Notice the tag on front of the car its a Georgia tag from 1930. The judge traveled all the way from Washington DC to judge the finals. 😀😀

Old Post 09-28-2016 04:28 PM
mike thomason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike thomason Click here to Send mike thomason a Private Message Find more posts by mike thomason Add mike thomason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That's what I am talken bout !! How could you not enjoy that !!

Old Post 09-28-2016 04:32 PM
Craig corbeil
UKC Forum Member

PHKC

I won't a PHKC T shirt in a bad way

Old Post 09-28-2016 04:34 PM
Craig corbeil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig corbeil Click here to Send Craig corbeil a Private Message Click Here to Email Craig corbeil Find more posts by Craig corbeil Add Craig corbeil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike thomason
UKC Forum Member

Possum dogs for sale

These fellas have some nice possum hounds for sale. They had the same blood line for nearly 100 years. They are from Georgia too. Call or text BR 549 ask for Cletus

Old Post 09-28-2016 04:35 PM
mike thomason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike thomason Click here to Send mike thomason a Private Message Find more posts by mike thomason Add mike thomason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

...you better start thinking about getting copyright and trademark registrations on some of the things that have come up in your discussions....if the PHKC doesn't someone else will .....

Old Post 09-29-2016 04:25 AM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

PHKC World Hunt

When and where will this be held? Does one qualify their dog through a series of RQE's...

Old Post 09-29-2016 04:32 AM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Score

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Does anybody know who it was that decided way back when that possums were "off game"? I mean our dogs are "tree dogs" aren't they? Why can't we score any game that they tree? Why does a dog have to be scratched for treeing a possum? I would understand if a coon was worth more points than a possum but I don't understand why a possum is so bad that a dog should be kicked out of a hunt for treeing one. I think that the poor possum is getting a bad rap here. He/she can't help it if they don't have any hair on their tail. They were born that way. We don't scratch a dog for treeing a turkey do we?

I heard a cast at the world did score a couple. At least that's what everyone that wasn't on the cast says.

Old Post 09-29-2016 07:26 AM