UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > World hunt judging poll.
Hunting or non hunting
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hunting judge early on Thursday 24 22.64%
Non hunting 82 77.36%
Total: 106 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see non hunting judges used at the finals with a little change. Let the judge make all the normal decisions that a judge has to make, the change being in any situation that calls for a majority vote using a hunting judge then the cast should be allowed to vote. Example: scoring of a tree. This simple change would eliminate a lot of questions about the honesty of a non hunting judge.I believe it would be extremely hard to find enough QUALIFIED non hunting judges to use at the zones.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-26-2016 08:00 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gladerunkennels
UKC Forum Member

The rules are fine, written in black and white. To many likes to bend them into there favor or try to take a vote on what it states, which should not be done. What is wrong in my opinion is the integrity of the houndsman. If more people hold their dog at a higher standard and call it the way it is, We as a whole would have better hounds on our leash.

Home of
Harvey's Glade Run nite ch Scoutin Lady
ZONE 3 FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCORING DOG
TOP 100 UKC WORLD FINALS
BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK FEMALE UKC WORLD FINALS
Harvey's Glade Run Beda
Harvey's Glade Run Hoss was sold and can not be bought back. Making a top bear hound.

Old Post 09-26-2016 08:08 PM
gladerunkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gladerunkennels Click here to Send gladerunkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email gladerunkennels Find more posts by gladerunkennels Add gladerunkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

I can honestly say BY FAR the worst judge I've ever had was in the first round of the World finals in 2012. He had no clue, and there was nothing the cast could do. 3 out of 4 were trying to correct him and showed him on the back of the card where he was wrong and he wouldn't budge.

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 09-26-2016 10:01 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Non huntin judge plusses a coon for me one night I didn't see and when I started over to him. He left the spot and said. You ain't gotta see it lol. I'm fairly certain was no coon there. Same judge made me mad on late round. I want say what I told him but it went down hill in a hurry. He finally got slap rid of me. My fault though. I should of questioned him.

Old Post 09-26-2016 10:20 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Chadwell
UKC Forum Member

Hunt with the leaves off, leave no question as to what's up there. I've never understood why the world hunt is held with the leaves still on, it makes for a lot of variables in a high stakes hunt.

Old Post 09-27-2016 12:59 AM
Preston Chadwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Chadwell Click here to Send Preston Chadwell a Private Message Click Here to Email Preston Chadwell Find more posts by Preston Chadwell Add Preston Chadwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan J
UKC Forum Member

Most Northern states are froze under by the time the leaves fall off. Witch is middle of Nov..

Old Post 09-27-2016 01:38 AM
Ryan J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan J Click here to Send Ryan J a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan J Find more posts by Ryan J Add Ryan J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Chadwell
UKC Forum Member

Frozen ground.......sounds like a proving ground for a coondog to me, but back to the main point if there are no leaves it's pretty plain for everyone to see what's in the tree. There are alot of men that will lie if they think they can get away with it, but few men are big/mean enough to lie straight to the faces of 3 other grown men with no way out of it especially in the middle of nowhere with alot on the line. That'd get ya tore up by these boys around here

Old Post 09-27-2016 01:58 AM
Preston Chadwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Chadwell Click here to Send Preston Chadwell a Private Message Click Here to Email Preston Chadwell Find more posts by Preston Chadwell Add Preston Chadwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krocket
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Craig Edwards
Wouldn't it be better to have a hunt, of this caliber, when the leaves are OFF the trees???? Wouldn't that solve some of the issues, with the system as it is?
X2 ENOUGH SAID

Old Post 09-27-2016 05:32 AM
krocket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krocket Click here to Send krocket a Private Message Find more posts by krocket Add krocket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Craig Edwards
Wouldn't it be better to have a hunt, of this caliber, when the leaves are OFF the trees???? Wouldn't that solve some of the issues, with the system as it is?

Now that is the best idea I've seen so far. You can't stop all doubts but you can lower the odds.

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 09-27-2016 07:31 AM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bluetick250
Let's be able to take a panel to the woods in the big hunts anybody that has hunted other kc knows panel would of been brought out or this would never happened

panels? not me. I don't have enough money to play that game. I have also hunted in the other registries, and panels are not always impartial. in fact they can be down right worst cheaters ever on them at times. nope..give me a non-hunting judge that I can question and then take back to an MOH and take my chances there. my odds of winning the question are greatly improved. one on one with moh. have about a fifty percent chance of winning. with a panel, I have about a 66 2/3 percent chance of losing. I guess I like the odds better with option 1.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-27-2016 01:13 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
..give me a non-hunting judge that I can question and then take back to an MOH and take my chances there. my odds of winning the question are greatly improved. one on one with moh. have about a fifty percent chance of winning. with a panel, I have about a 66 2/3 percent chance of losing. I guess I like the odds better with option 1.

How do you question a tree scoring situation with a non-hunting judge? There was another post a couple days ago asking this and I never did see an answer?

Here's what MOH is going to say "Well I have to go with the judge"

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 09-27-2016 02:38 PM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
panels? not me. I don't have enough money to play that game. I have also hunted in the other registries, and panels are not always impartial. in fact they can be down right worst cheaters ever on them at times. nope..give me a non-hunting judge that I can question and then take back to an MOH and take my chances there. my odds of winning the question are greatly improved. one on one with moh. have about a fifty percent chance of winning. with a panel, I have about a 66 2/3 percent chance of losing. I guess I like the odds better with option 1.

Enough money?? I think you are talking out of your BUTT!!!! Trying to feed everyone on here a line of bull crap. What panels are you referring to being down right the worst cheaters ever!? Take your non-hunting judge that you paid off to plus coons in trees with possums seen and NO coons!! lol good one!

PKC GCH CHKC CH Wipeout 3 Bee
(Z3 x Bell)

PKC CH CHKC CH Rush Run Lil
(Nuck x Lilly)

PKC SCH CHKC CH Wipeout Shorty

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Kate
(Jack X Jill)

2013 IL PKC State Race Ch.
GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Little Miss Dottie
(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 UKC Bluetick World Ch
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch
2017 Battle of The Breeds Ch

NITECH 2018 PKC YOUTH WORLD CH PKC SILVER CH Dirty South Side

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH SKUNA RIVER QUICK
(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH Foggy Mtn. Gomer

UKC GrSqCh NKC GrSqCh Dirt Dodge's Jager

Old Post 09-27-2016 03:20 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

Steve I think they are worried about not being able to plus possums for there buddies

Old Post 09-27-2016 04:43 PM
bluetick250 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick250 Click here to Send bluetick250 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick250 Find more posts by bluetick250 Add bluetick250 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan J
Most Northern states are froze under by the time the leaves fall off. Witch is middle of Nov..
give those blue dogs better chance .lol i treed pleanty of coons in iowa with the leaves off and snow on the ground .just got to be tuff and have a good dog .

Old Post 09-27-2016 11:11 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Non Hunting Judge

I agree about when leaves are off , but also agree with the gentleman that talked about all the other hunting (deer) that goes on and harder to get permission on private.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-27-2016 11:21 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Three judges

Or non hunting guide with two non hunting judges. When I won with jane I think there was two on Friday night. I've had excellent judges ok judges and plain out punk of judges. So jack I don't know if there's a correct answer. If you have hunting judges than if he draws out two freinds or people he knows than bad things can happen. Or if someone gets mad at person leading cast they team up and minus him. I know one thing I think would help. Just have a judge turn his I phone on record I bet people would act a whole lot nicer lol

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 09-28-2016 12:01 AM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Just so yall know. A cheating judge could see a coon still. Leaves or no leaves.

Old Post 09-28-2016 12:31 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

The final 4 should have 3 non-hunting judges. One could be the main judge and the other 2 would only be used if a question was raised as to how or why the main judge made a call. The 3 judges would remain with the cast during the entire hunt. The 3 could be drawed from all the judges that are at the UKC finals.

Old Post 09-28-2016 01:22 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dick BRothers
UKC Forum Member

judges

Jack I disagree with hunting judges, no the best aren't always hunting, in our zone at Legrand, Ia. there are several people that didn't get thru, that would be Quality judges in the finals, that have the right skills and integrity that could not be influenced by anyone. Just to name a few off the top of my head Daryl Reiter, Matt Kiehn, Todd Felderman and myself , and there are many more from the other zones that have the same abilities, all Ukc has to do and the host club is get in touch with these caliber of judges and problem solved.

Old Post 09-28-2016 03:28 AM
Dick BRothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dick BRothers Click here to Send Dick BRothers a Private Message Find more posts by Dick BRothers Add Dick BRothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Pullen
If you in a 4 dog cast and 3 dogs are on the tree and yours isn't and the tree is big as your wrist and not a leaf on it . They vote circle ..... Ha I'll take my chances with non hunting judge .

Exactly! And also if your dog is alone on a coon and seeing that coon by another cast member means you advance over him. I will take my chances with a non hunting judge every time.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 09-28-2016 05:19 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Now, first of all, I don't believe there are as many bad cast as many think. That said, I have never understood why nearly everyone likes the idea of non hunting judges. I have been cheated much worse by non hunting judges than I have hunting judges.

I asked one non hunting judge how he slept at night. His response was "I have no problems sleeping at night." That is when I figured out cheaters have no conscience.

My problem with non hunting judges is the handlers have absolutely no recourse. Yes you can question it, but no MOH is going to reverse a non hunting judge decision. I have seen a MOH side with non hunting judge after taking testimony from 2 handlers of 3 that returned to the club. The completely incorrect and false call favored the 3rd handler.

Odd part of this conversation is I have been a non hunting judge every time I have been asked (many many times), and I still don't prefer to have one.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 09-28-2016 06:30 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
Now, first of all, I don't believe there are as many bad cast as many think. That said, I have never understood why nearly everyone likes the idea of non hunting judges. I have been cheated much worse by non hunting judges than I have hunting judges.

I asked one non hunting judge how he slept at night. His response was "I have no problems sleeping at night." That is when I figured out cheaters have no conscience.

My problem with non hunting judges is the handlers have absolutely no recourse. Yes you can question it, but no MOH is going to reverse a non hunting judge decision. I have seen a MOH side with non hunting judge after taking testimony from 2 handlers of 3 that returned to the club. The completely incorrect and false call favored the 3rd handler.

Odd part of this conversation is I have been a non hunting judge every time I have been asked (many many times), and I still don't prefer to have one.

If you are going to use a non-hunting judge you need to allow cast members the ability to bring a panel out to the woods. To keep from everyone doing this you set the repercussions very steep as in suspending/barring cast members for bringing the panel to the woods and you are incorrect. There are other KCs who have got this issue how it should be and UKC should be open minded and follow suit. The MOH is a terrible flaw in this organization.

PKC GCH CHKC CH Wipeout 3 Bee
(Z3 x Bell)

PKC CH CHKC CH Rush Run Lil
(Nuck x Lilly)

PKC SCH CHKC CH Wipeout Shorty

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Kate
(Jack X Jill)

2013 IL PKC State Race Ch.
GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Little Miss Dottie
(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 UKC Bluetick World Ch
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch
2017 Battle of The Breeds Ch

NITECH 2018 PKC YOUTH WORLD CH PKC SILVER CH Dirty South Side

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH SKUNA RIVER QUICK
(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH Foggy Mtn. Gomer

UKC GrSqCh NKC GrSqCh Dirt Dodge's Jager

Old Post 09-28-2016 10:24 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote