UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2017 world hunt coming south
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CedarTree50
UKC Forum Member

No alligators in this part country for 150 miles you want have worry about gators

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2016 01:18 AM
CedarTree50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CedarTree50 Click here to Send CedarTree50 a Private Message Click Here to Email CedarTree50 Find more posts by CedarTree50 Add CedarTree50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CedarTree50
No alligators in this part country for 150 miles you want have worry about gators
I suggest you look on Internet at the one caught at Banks crossing. Haha. It was no baby like they been catching over here.

Old Post 09-24-2016 01:43 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

Lebanon, Kansas

geographic center of the United States... any coon around there..

Old Post 09-24-2016 03:01 AM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jake Appel
UKC Forum Member

Just out of curiosity I looked at weather for Bowman, GA. High of 94 tomorrow. Is this the norm for late September?

CH.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK GERT
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH. MANNS WILD N BLUE MINDY III
CH.GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK BOOMIN' JET
GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK GUNSMOKE
GR.CH.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK GERT'S LADY
GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK HONEY BEE
NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK SMOKIN GUN

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' SHELTONS SMOKEY RIVER FLY
GR.CH.NT.CH. 'PR' APPEL'S BLUE OAK TIMBER
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK BULLET-- 9TH PLACE 2008 UKC WORLD
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK JET 6 ECHO

Old Post 09-24-2016 03:14 AM
Jake Appel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake Appel Click here to Send Jake Appel a Private Message Click Here to Email Jake Appel Find more posts by Jake Appel Add Jake Appel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by KAP71
After reading this, can see most still haven't a clue bout what their talking about.

Well fill us in there buddy.

The thing about it is, if were on here discussing where the world hunt is then we ain't got dog power enough to be there anyways. Lol my hounds will run anything with four legs and drive the track!

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 09-24-2016 03:38 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
Well fill us in there buddy.

The thing about it is, if were on here discussing where the world hunt is then we ain't got dog power enough to be there anyways. Lol my hounds will run anything with four legs and drive the track!

You'd probably do well here then. That's how we like it. Get struck on a cricket. Run through there a mile and get wooded. Go qualify something.

Old Post 09-24-2016 04:07 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Real nice Golf course less than 10 miles from hunt and rental cabins also both at Lake Russell State park.Good fishing also.

Old Post 09-24-2016 05:09 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

2018 Winter Classic

Moving north ????????/

Old Post 09-24-2016 05:37 AM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

I don't think dog power is the issue. I think it is the 90 degree temps, snakes, gators, lack of coon, and the drive for the northern states. I think Indiana, Kansas, or Illinois are the perfect places. I think with the world hunt being in Georgia will now lower entries for zones and the world hunt, but I gues we will see next year

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 09-24-2016 07:34 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE TANKERSLEY
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see it moving around, and not staying up north like the last few world hunts.
I dont even try to qualify anymore if it is north of Kentucky.

BSJ & MOH
Member of Georgia Federation of Coonhunters
Owner of Fort Mtn Kennels
Home of
Gr Nt Ch Stone Cold Buddy 19th place 2006 UKC WORLD HUNT/ 2009 WORLD FINALIST Qualified 06, 07, 09, 10

Gr Nt Ch Big Oak Jimbo
Qualified for 2013 World Hunt & World Show
Sat Nite CW Zone 8 2013
2013 GA HOF Friday Nite Gr Nt Winner
advanced to final four
Qualified for 2014 World Hunt & World Show
2014 Ga HOF Saturday Nite Gr Nt Winner
advanced to final four
Qualified for 2015 World Hunt & Show
2015 CW at Winter Classic
2015 CW at Ga State Hunt
Qualified for 2015 World Hunt & Show
150 Purina points
Nt Ch Bay March Outlaw
Nt Ch Gun Powder

NT CH East Tn Thunder Rambo he was a good one!

Old Post 09-24-2016 07:40 PM
JOE TANKERSLEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE TANKERSLEY Click here to Send JOE TANKERSLEY a Private Message Find more posts by JOE TANKERSLEY Add JOE TANKERSLEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JCParker
UKC Forum Member

I don't reckon it will hurt anybody to come down for a couple of days and experience what we have to deal with every night. We do tree a lot of coons but it's not always easy.

A coon dog is a coon dog but I've seen some come down here and look really bad just to be sent back north to qualify for the world and look pretty nice. So I would say you need more heart and desire bred in them to be successful on a regular basis down here. I do understand if it's not really convenient or easy people tend to lay down or quit....

Old Post 09-24-2016 07:54 PM
JCParker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JCParker Click here to Send JCParker a Private Message Click Here to Email JCParker Find more posts by JCParker Add JCParker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Maybe the numbers will be so low I have a chance lol! I will have to break my dogs off possums tho since it leaves such a bad taste ! Or maybe I won't lmao !!

Old Post 09-24-2016 07:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Re: 2018 Winter Classic

quote:
Originally posted by x145merlin
Moving north ????????/
I don't think UKC would shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Old Post 09-24-2016 07:56 PM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gacoonchaser
UKC Forum Member

Plenty of coons and qualified non hunting judges available, with just as good of a place to hold it. Seen more coons in one night of the zones down here than three nights of hunting in Indiana, more walking but coons aren't a issue!!!
Armadillo breaking services 706-983-1884!!!!

PKC CH GRCH GRNITECH KY RIVER HOBIE

PKC CH GRNITECH KY RIVER BIG TIME BLACK JACK

HAVE COONS IN THEM TREES, THE REST FALLS INTO PLACE!!!!

Old Post 09-25-2016 01:26 AM
gacoonchaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gacoonchaser Click here to Send gacoonchaser a Private Message Click Here to Email gacoonchaser Find more posts by gacoonchaser Add gacoonchaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Mckinney
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MR.RATMAN
I don't think dog power is the issue. I think it is the 90 degree temps, snakes, gators, lack of coon, and the drive for the northern states. I think Indiana, Kansas, or Illinois are the perfect places. I think with the world hunt being in Georgia will now lower entries for zones and the world hunt, but I gues we will see next year
Temps may be a problem but people that hunt here their dogs fair well in it. Don't be fooled there are coons here but you better bring that power. Because Between heat and cut overs it's not a cake walk I don't mind the snakes it's them briars in and around cutovers and cane in the bottoms beats the hair off a dogs eyes lol. Also a lot more off game. But a coon dog will tree coons.

Old Post 09-25-2016 02:10 AM
Mike Mckinney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Mckinney Click here to Send Mike Mckinney a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Mckinney Find more posts by Mike Mckinney Add Mike Mckinney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Anything south of I 70 isnt fit to be in till January

Old Post 09-25-2016 02:50 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I was going off How it was LA. a couple year ago dog entry was down ! I will go where ever UKC has it.

Old Post 09-25-2016 03:39 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

THANK GOODNESS

I just want it somewhere different.

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 09-25-2016 04:37 AM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cowboyjones
UKC Forum Member

Let's keep this post around to next fall and see if one of them high powered southern dogs wins it !! Lol the way it sounds they got it in the bag !! Lol

GR NT CH STYLISH SUPER BEE
GR NT CH RIDGETOP SADIE II
GR NT CH BRETTS TREE TALKING ROSE
GR NT CH JONES TREE TALKING MISSY
NT CH JONES' CARRIE
NT CH JONES LUCIFER
NT CH JONES DAKOTA
NT CH JONES COUNTRY PRIDE

Old Post 09-25-2016 05:48 AM
cowboyjones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cowboyjones Click here to Send cowboyjones a Private Message Click Here to Email cowboyjones Find more posts by cowboyjones Add cowboyjones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

That temp of 94 ain't normal for this time of yr either. Usually only about 90

Old Post 09-25-2016 11:49 AM
Royce Taylor
UKC Forum Member

Georgia

How's the possum population? Lol

662-538-4763

Old Post 09-25-2016 12:22 PM
Royce Taylor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Royce Taylor Click here to Send Royce Taylor a Private Message Click Here to Email Royce Taylor Find more posts by Royce Taylor Add Royce Taylor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

i don't ever remember a big hunt of any kind in the north east? anyone else? i figure if it can be held in the south then sure enough the north east should be possible.

Old Post 09-25-2016 03:00 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Mckinney
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cowboyjones
Let's keep this post around to next fall and see if one of them high powered southern dogs wins it !! Lol the way it sounds they got it in the bag !! Lol
I don't think the south has it in the bag so to speak. But a dog hunted in this area sure would seem to have a upper hand. But if they can tree coons any dog has a chance. I think it would be great to see this hunt move all around the country. If a northern dog wins down there he deserves it and it's very possible.

Old Post 09-25-2016 04:14 PM
Mike Mckinney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Mckinney Click here to Send Mike Mckinney a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Mckinney Find more posts by Mike Mckinney Add Mike Mckinney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cowboyjones
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mckinney
I don't think the south has it in the bag so to speak. But a dog hunted in this area sure would seem to have a upper hand. But if they can tree coons any dog has a chance. I think it would be great to see this hunt move all around the country. If a northern dog wins down there he deserves it and it's very possible.
I placed 2nd at the winter classic a few yrs back with a 14 month old !when it was in Albany ! He got treed by himself twice had both coon and spent the whole 2 hrs getting to him lol we hunted the okie swamp ! Lol that was ruff enough for me !

GR NT CH STYLISH SUPER BEE
GR NT CH RIDGETOP SADIE II
GR NT CH BRETTS TREE TALKING ROSE
GR NT CH JONES TREE TALKING MISSY
NT CH JONES' CARRIE
NT CH JONES LUCIFER
NT CH JONES DAKOTA
NT CH JONES COUNTRY PRIDE

Old Post 09-25-2016 05:57 PM
cowboyjones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cowboyjones Click here to Send cowboyjones a Private Message Click Here to Email cowboyjones Find more posts by cowboyjones Add cowboyjones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cowboyjones
I placed 2nd at the winter classic a few yrs back with a 14 month old !when it was in Albany ! He got treed by himself twice had both coon and spent the whole 2 hrs getting to him lol we hunted the okie swamp ! Lol that was ruff enough for me !
You mean the chickisawhatchee swamp? 13 bridges? We guided some ol boys from Ohio in that area one night. Saw like 7 coon that night. Best I rem. One guy had no waders
Another guy had waders but fell in. Anyhow bowman is nothing like Albany.

Old Post 09-25-2016 06:46 PM