UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pups Mouth
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Pups Mouth

Pup with a high pitched squeal. What has been your experience, any chance this could change (I hope)?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-29-2016 01:48 AM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes they will. We all want loud mouth pups and pups that sound good. I think dogs voices are like a young mans. At some point and time and not everyone at the same time will change its pitch. Some might stay high, but not all.. What gives me more concern is the volume some of these pups have. Great to dream about but the louder they are the more you have to pay attention the don't damage their voice with boredom barking. I have a 11 month old out there that sounds a lot different that she did 3 months ago. I am not saying a chop will change to a bawl. I am saying the pitch of the voice will most likely change.

Old Post 09-29-2016 01:59 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate the response, she is loud, but she has a really high pitch. Thanks again.

Old Post 09-29-2016 02:10 AM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

How old is she and what breed of coon hound?

Old Post 09-29-2016 02:12 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronnie H
UKC Forum Member

Mouth

I like to hear a deep bawl mouth hound,I have one loud on the chain.But I have another one with a horn bawl and a high pitch chop on the tree, and not as loud on the chain.Put both of them in the woods and I can hear the high, horn bawl better than that acorn shaker deep bawl mouth. good luck with your hound.

Old Post 09-29-2016 03:45 PM
Ronnie H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronnie H Click here to Send Ronnie H a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronnie H Find more posts by Ronnie H Add Ronnie H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

She is a walker and 19 weeks old. Man is she loud, but she can pierce your ears with that high pitched squeal. Thanks again

Old Post 09-29-2016 11:05 PM