UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > DriveTrack 70
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reece Samuelson
UKC Forum Member

DriveTrack 70

Thinking of getting one! Seems like the people on the coyote hunting forums either love them or completely hate them! Those of you that have them what do you think of them

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2018 06:31 PM
Reece Samuelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reece Samuelson Click here to Send Reece Samuelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Reece Samuelson Find more posts by Reece Samuelson Add Reece Samuelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Run deer dogs with them. Just like Yotes but better tasting. lol Wouldn't hunt without it. Don't even look at the handheld most of the time. You can download birdseye or get a state Huntview card and they work great in them. I also sell them so you probably shouldn't believe me. If your going to get one, do so in the next month. There is a $100 rebate in effect now.

Old Post 01-23-2018 07:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

i only coonhunt- but i love mine. love it for hunting and the nav for driving.

wish they would have had it when i had deer dogs. i bet it would have really been the bees knees

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 01-23-2018 08:41 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

If the handheld has a topo, Birdseye, or hunt view card,.... Would that display screen also show up on the Drivetrack 70 if connected? Or would a SD card be needed for each?

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 01-24-2018 12:53 AM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

I don't go anywhere in my truck without mine, love it for everyday navigation. Plus with the huntview card, you can find new places to hunt when driving around, as long as landowners info is available.

Yes you need a sd card for both

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 01-24-2018 01:15 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Nick the DriveTrack has its own maps. The map from the Handheld is not projected to the DriveTrack.

The Drive Track has preloaded in it. Navigation maps for city streets and travel down the highways. It also has TOPO maps loaded in it if you want to use them either while hunting or traveling. It also comes with a Free Birdseye subscription which can download to it just like you do your handhelds. If your not into downloading birdseye which many people don't like to do. You can purchase the Garmin Huntview Card which has birdseye and landowners on it and use that map on it. I think the Huntview card really stands out on the DriveTrack while hunting. While traveling I used the city streets and navigation maps. You can toggle between maps in 5 or 10 seconds with the push of a button.

Old Post 01-24-2018 11:20 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I have found mine to be unreliable!!!! When he trees at the top of the screen it says "Louie has caught a animal up a tree" , I go in and search and search and I don't always find a animal! Lol.
To be serious tho, it's a lot like your hand held, you can hunt without one but after you use one, you wonder how you did it without. With the 100 rebate I would recommend one. They are a awesome navigation GPS for driving also.

Old Post 01-25-2018 01:58 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Sonny something not mentioned often is the extra cameras you can bluetooth to it. You can get a back up camera and you can get a baby camera to aim at the young one in his car seat.

One thing I have wanted to do and just another thing on my list, when I get time. Is to rig up the camera in a stronger housing and mount on the front bumper. During deer season we do a lot of looking for tracks in the morning. Also when we are trying to find a Yote track. On these cold mornings a good camera showing the ground out in front of you and sending it to the drive track screen would be nice. Windows up heater on and the tracks on the screen. Life doesn't get better than that.

Old Post 01-25-2018 11:18 AM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I didn't even think of that stuff Bruce. They are a nice unit for everyday use and with the 100.00 rebate I think it makes them a good option. The ability to use it with your dogs is just another plus to it. I like the idea of using it to look for tracks when you are hunting deer and yotes.

Old Post 01-25-2018 07:12 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote