UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tar here is something to think about. $100,000
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Don't mean to be bashing, but I guess that I am just a pessimist. It sounds like they are trying to raise money for a good cause.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-2018 03:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard I never been pheasant hunting but once and it was a hoot might be worth the trip just for that.

Tar

Old Post 01-20-2018 03:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

I feel like i need to apologize for my "what a waste" comment. Fund raising for vets is a great cause. My comment is the waste of the coon. Hides are pretty much worthless. Breeding season is starting. Why mot just have a money hunt.

Old Post 01-20-2018 03:49 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well I know down here we don't have crops to hunt on but if we don't thin our coons some they dye of distemper and it kills way more than we do. Up there where coons are thick around crop land distemper could be decimating so thinning them could be a good thing jmo.

Tar

Old Post 01-20-2018 03:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Miccooner

I'd be happy to solve that problem I've been processing hides my whole life ...il take the coons and put them to good use !! I plan on being at the hunt anyway so win or loose il have more coons than I could trap or hunt anyway in a year so let the hunt begin !!

Old Post 01-20-2018 05:39 PM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

That would work have at it. Most of our fur buyers up here will hardly look at a coon. Plus now most hides are rubbed or p burned.

Old Post 01-20-2018 09:22 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Next year come Dec. Hides will still be prime ...and I ship mine to nafa

Old Post 01-20-2018 09:32 PM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Miccooner

quote:
Originally posted by Big spike hamme
I'd be happy to solve that problem I've been processing hides my whole life ...il take the coons and put them to good use !! I plan on being at the hunt anyway so win or loose il have more coons than I could trap or hunt anyway in a year so let the hunt begin !!

If they only average one coon per hour over the three nights that's 2160 coons. I hope you have a big freezer.

Old Post 01-20-2018 10:01 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Yep cant beat a prime dec coon. Hopefully the market will clean out all the stored hides in freezers.

Old Post 01-20-2018 10:02 PM
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

It's a tough market for sure ..but none the less I'd take them

Old Post 01-20-2018 10:36 PM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

I guess I don't understand why they want to go back to a format that didn't work then. The rules have evolved since then into the rules we use today. You can say what you want but our nitehunt forefathers drew up a set of rules that were needed and they have tweeked them along the way to make them as fair as possible. Sure their not perfect and they are only as honest as the men using them.
I don't see how this hunt proves anything other than who can slaughter the most coon. Say the winning team kills 50 coon, I would be ashamed to tell anyone I killed that many coon, but that's just me.

Old Post 01-20-2018 10:54 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

What is the plan for getting this event past the animal rights groups? They will certainly get wind of it and begin publicizing their predicted numbers of raccoons slaughtered in this event, they will use numbers in the thousands, possibly tens of thousands. They will certainly protest to the the governor, the dnr, etc. They will certainly ask for a court injunction to stop the event and most likely receive it.
They'll ' probably gain enough damaging publicity against coonhunting to move their antihunting agenda ahead by 20 years.

With coonhunter numbers as low as they are today, I wonder if their are really 300+ "coonhunters" out there today that see the sport as being so much about money.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-21-2018 12:27 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

If killing 50 coon put a 100k in my pocket I would live with all that shame.people kill hogs all day long around here for 12$ a hour.

Old Post 01-21-2018 12:49 AM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tripple river
If killing 50 coon put a 100k in my pocket I would live with all that shame.people kill hogs all day long around here for 12$ a hour.

Coon are not hogs.
Why would they kill all those coon when we have a set of rules that work that doesn't kill them.? I don't understand their logic.

plus I would hope you would keep your expenses out of the 100k and donate the rest back to the wounded warrior project.

Last edited by elvis on 01-21-2018 at 06:17 PM

Old Post 01-21-2018 06:10 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Is "Its About the Warrior Foundation" the same as "Wounded Warrior Project"? Aren't they different?

Old Post 01-21-2018 06:51 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Derek Grimm
UKC Forum Member

Out of state guys will surely have to buy out of state hunting license and fur taker permits but here’s the deal in my opinion.... it’s 30 minutes from my house ... coon hunting is dead around here for the most part and I don’t think he will have near enough qualified guides or judges to run this thing smoothly... your going to have guides and judges that know absolutely nothing about coon hunting which in my eyes puts the dogs at a high risk at best.... I can guide and have plenty of hunting but not if I enter the hunt! In my eyes he needs help from from us local coon hunters but why would I want to take a chance drawing out up to 3 hours away? And for the guys that draw the local state ground I’m sorry in advance.... it’s terrible

Last edited by Derek Grimm on 01-22-2018 at 01:28 AM

Old Post 01-21-2018 07:59 PM
Derek Grimm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Derek Grimm Click here to Send Derek Grimm a Private Message Click Here to Email Derek Grimm Find more posts by Derek Grimm Add Derek Grimm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
Coon are not hogs.
Why would they kill all those coon when we have a set of rules that work that doesn't kill them.? I don't understand their logic.

plus I would hope you would keep your expenses out of the 100k and donate the rest back to the wounded warrior project.

I’m not sure what you mean by “set of rules that work” but what rules do you think they should use that would minimize cheating plus keep all coons alive? I seldom kill coons but I’m not going to be ashamed of myself for having killed at least 50 coons in my life for money and it was way less money than 100k. As far as what I would do with the winnings unfortunately nobody has to worry about that.i do love your idea of donating it if someone did donate it back that would be great but I would feel wrong for shaming someone that kept the money. Maybe we could shame the other big money winners into donating it all to charity it would be great pr for us Coonhunter.

Old Post 01-23-2018 12:39 AM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Any update on how this hunt is going?

Old Post 12-08-2018 05:09 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How many entries did they have?

Old Post 12-08-2018 06:20 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

The Big Hunt

I called them a month or so ago to ask a couple questions & they told me it was not going to happen due to lack of entries.

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 12-09-2018 03:18 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

They wound up with 30 entrys so canceled. Guy I spoke with said they were going to re-think some of the rules/format/entry fee and retry next year..............

Old Post 12-09-2018 12:18 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
What a waste.

x2

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 12-10-2018 01:42 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

I said all along this hunt wouldnt happen. Good idea just not realistic at all.

Old Post 01-02-2019 11:06 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

I said all along this hunt wouldnt happen. Good idea just not realistic at all.

Old Post 01-02-2019 11:06 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Remember when.... no one said a word to stop discussion.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-18-2019 05:20 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote