UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Light builders are killing the scores !!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Light builders are killing the scores !!

At the hunts people are taking undeserved minus for slick trees because they can't see the coons the lights are so bright you have to buy a $200 squaller to make them run all over the tree so you can see them after going deep undercover Its been found the lights are burning the hair off coons making them look like possums they are killing the sport and starting wild fires also. Need a coon finding light not a barn finding light !!

Demenstrations please !!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2018 10:50 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

It don't matter if they look like possums. They plus 'em up anyway. LOL

Old Post 01-17-2018 11:12 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I think they all got so caught up who was building the brightest light that they forgot you got to find the coons with them when people start using a $50 5100 wheat light because it works better than your $400 light duh lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 11:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

no

OOdang it tar why don't you just get a coondog !! and a wheat light !! you will find the coon if they are there !!!

Old Post 01-17-2018 11:29 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

yep

I see you like this retirement thing !! gives you more time to blow crap all over this board !! hey good luck !! lol

Old Post 01-17-2018 11:31 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

They sure been quiet the last couple days they know their end is near lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 11:34 PM
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

Tar, let us start at the beginning.....

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Well , we got that out of the way!!!!
Thank God!!!!!

So we move on to the rest of the story.....

Do you have a dog that will tree coon?
Or, one that trees , trees? (as we all know one wont be seen i such a tree?) Unless , maybe you are one of them PRO hunters?
and then they can be there always!!!!

Do you actually walk to the tree? Or sit on the tailgate , shine the lights for it , see nothing? So just tone the dog back to the tailgate! Sucks to walk for no reason!!!!!

With all that said!!!!
I am currently, working with a few well known , and some not so well known......

To make the light for YOU!!! and many others I have NO DOUBT!!!!!

It is BRIGHT as the SUN!!!
Can be dimmed down a slow as you want, and with whatever color there is!!!!!!

BONUS!!!!! It will , by way of Hologram!
Project a coon on any limb , tree, fence post , high line pole , you get the IDEA!!!

Beats them slingshot eyeballs !!!!!! AS it will show the WHOLE COON, prancing around , no matter where you my be!!!!!!

WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!
TREE that box barking dog!
Right in the back of you truck!!!!!!!

Looking for a catchy name for it, that would make it SALE !!!!!

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:48 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Boys tar may be on to something last hunt I was on 3 of us had high powered lights and one had a old wheat light , we looked for 5 mins and were gona circle the tree when the kid with the wheat light said yall don't see that coon , we all walked over to him threw those 3 lights in the tree and nothing he even said where did it go, then we put our lights down and he said here he is again so with our lights off sure enough there was a coon in plain sight after seeing it easily with his light we could find it with ours then but never would have without that wheat light so just saying.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:19 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I have a good Wheat head. What is the best battery setup to use with it. I am using an LED now and would like to try the Wheat head again. Also what bulb to use in it.

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:29 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

Tar, let us start at the beginning.....

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Well , we got that out of the way!!!!
Thank God!!!!!

So we move on to the rest of the story.....

Do you have a dog that will tree coon?
Or, one that trees , trees? (as we all know one wont be seen i such a tree?) Unless , maybe you are one of them PRO hunters?
and then they can be there always!!!!

Do you actually walk to the tree? Or sit on the tailgate , shine the lights for it , see nothing? So just tone the dog back to the tailgate! Sucks to walk for no reason!!!!!

With all that said!!!!
I am currently, working with a few well known , and some not so well known......

To make the light for YOU!!! and many others I have NO DOUBT!!!!!

It is BRIGHT as the SUN!!!
Can be dimmed down a slow as you want, and with whatever color there is!!!!!!

BONUS!!!!! It will , by way of Hologram!
Project a coon on any limb , tree, fence post , high line pole , you get the IDEA!!!

Beats them slingshot eyeballs !!!!!! AS it will show the WHOLE COON, prancing around , no matter where you my be!!!!!!

WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!
TREE that box barking dog!
Right in the back of you truck!!!!!!!

Looking for a catchy name for it, that would make it SALE !!!!!

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:03 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Doc Acumen

A light that good should be named the "Tararizor". Dave

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:27 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well just got home hunted with my son Corey and jimmy Davis and his half bluetick X half redbone rusty and I hunted babe they struck a good track 680 yrds and three steep creeks later Corey was at the tree 20 minutes before us old farts got there he forgot his phone so no vidios he said dad here he is these trees touch but he is over here I don't want to hear no more crap about my led can't find coons I said did you look at the tree they are treed on he said yes but the coon is over here I found the coon in their tree with my wheat light and shot it out he said well I looked up there and didn't see it lol.

What you think about that doc lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:30 AM
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

For the record there was 2 coons and the trees did touch. Lol. I did look up the tree the dogs were on also did not see that coon. What crazy were the coon was he should have looked at me.
Idk why I can't get them to looked at led. My light has a strobe to. Still won't look. Going to try and find some covers for my head lamp. May be red or blue. May have to break out my old 5100 head.

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:12 AM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

5100 is a decent set up but a old oil lamp with a aluminum pie plate is better

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:24 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You just wait on Doc's new light the "Tararizor", you will see a coon in every tree! Plus em up boys, watch those scores climb! Dave. P. S. Tell Corey that I am not happy about having no video to watch, 12 degrees here with 5% wind chill.

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:42 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Boys tar may be on to something last hunt I was on 3 of us had high powered lights and one had a old wheat light , we looked for 5 mins and were gona circle the tree when the kid with the wheat light said yall don't see that coon , we all walked over to him threw those 3 lights in the tree and nothing he even said where did it go, then we put our lights down and he said here he is again so with our lights off sure enough there was a coon in plain sight after seeing it easily with his light we could find it with ours then but never would have without that wheat light so just saying.

I think you solved your problem when You said he was a "Kid". Doesn't matter how bright the light is or what color it is. If you cant see well enough to see it until its pointed out.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-18-2018 04:41 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

Two Words... Cataract surgery.

Old Post 01-18-2018 05:00 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Joe wilbanks

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I think you solved your problem when You said he was a "Kid". Doesn't matter how bright the light is or what color it is. If you cant see well enough to see it until its pointed out.

I think he said your blind as a bat lol ! Don't you use one of his lights ?

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:53 PM
wjoey
Banned

Re: Joe wilbanks

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I think he said your blind as a bat lol ! Don't you use one of his lights ?

Tar

SSHHHHHHHHH DONT TELL ANYBODY LOL , I knew this would get there attention ROFLMAO PS I love my light .

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:42 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

I have a good Wheat head. What is the best battery setup to use with it. I am using an LED now and would like to try the Wheat head again. Also what bulb to use in it. Preacher Tom

_____
Good question_____________

Last edited by crooked ridge on 01-18-2018 at 05:18 PM

Old Post 01-18-2018 04:59 PM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
natgear1982
UKC Forum Member

Color

I have been interested in the valley creek smoker. I posted awhile back to see if anyone was using them. The color is more like the 5100 . I looked at them at the ss, and think they would be a great light for people that have a hard time seeing the coon with a whiter light. If anyone has one or tried one please post about your experience with it.

Handsome Cooper

Old Post 01-18-2018 05:10 PM
natgear1982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natgear1982 Click here to Send natgear1982 a Private Message Find more posts by natgear1982 Add natgear1982 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by crooked ridge
I have a good Wheat head. What is the best battery setup to use with it. I am using an LED now and would like to try the Wheat head again. Also what bulb to use in it. Preacher Tom

_____
Good question_____________

I got a 21 volt battery pack belt and use a bm30 bulb.

Old Post 01-18-2018 05:25 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I don't know about this dim light stuff. The leds on each side of my nose are pretty dim these days and it don't help me find a coon. In a more technical note, I have a have a k-lite 21 volt and contacted Kelleys looking for a little brighter (led) for it. the did not have an led, but they sent a bulb that was quite a bit brighter. If any one interested in I can get the number on it.

Old Post 01-18-2018 07:54 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

For a 5100 head Roy ? Get it for me.

Old Post 01-18-2018 08:01 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

If Doc doesn't use the name Tararizor, you are welcome to use the name. Get a 5100 head made to your specs and call it the Tararizor. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2018 10:39 PM