UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Performance Sire No Online Registration
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

I was just telling my wife today about enjoying the peace and serinity after the nightmare on elm street world hunt and now y'all are at it again !!!

Happy new year !!!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-01-2018 08:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

It would be nice to know about this program before buying in and I can't even find any information about it. Doing a good job of putting information out there for those that know nothing about it like the ones new to the sport

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 01-01-2018 08:28 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ok if you live in an area like I do with low numbers at the hunts and you don't drive to the bigger hunts and win while your there and don't raise enough pups that get hunted in the bigger hunts this program probly isent for you. But if you have a super nice dog and you are going to hunt in some of the bigger hunts it is worth your time. Jmo.

Tar

Old Post 01-01-2018 08:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Ok if you live in an area like I do with low numbers at the hunts and you don't drive to the bigger hunts and win while your there and don't raise enough pups that get hunted in the bigger hunts this program probly isent for you. But if you have a super nice dog and you are going to hunt in some of the bigger hunts it is worth your time. Jmo.

Tar

It pays at the small hunts also, have a litter of pups, Nominate the litter (Nominate each pup, or let the new owners Nominate there new pup) get them in the hands of people that will hunt them, if they win you get a check in the mail, and all you have to do is DNA your stud, pay $100 to put him in the program for one year, Or breed your female to a performance stud, not really that complicated!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-01-2018 09:32 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tim how much you get for a 4 dog hunt cast win ? I can go to 2 $60 $$$$ hunts around here and 2 cast wins will net me about $210 or more that's more than I can get all year performance.

Tar

About 30 miles any dirrection from the house.

Old Post 01-01-2018 09:49 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Tim how much you get for a 4 dog hunt cast win ? I can go to 2 $60 $$$$ hunts around here and 2 cast wins will net me about $210 or more that's more than I can get all year performance.

Tar

About 30 miles any dirrection from the house.

That’s rite, all I’m saying is if they won’t to title your pups in UKC you get paid and you don’t even have to be there, 0 gas money spent, just fill out the form pay $100 and get paid.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-01-2018 10:35 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ok I will crunch numbers lol. Basicly the money it cost you to raise the pups feed , shots , wormer , and pay into the program when you sell them you break even at best !! A 4 dog performance cast win pays the dog owner $7.00 and the owners of the stud and dam 10% of that Its not enough to peak my interest but that's just me.

Tar

Old Post 01-01-2018 10:44 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I understand but for me a little bit of something is better than nothing, I get paid every year, my biggest check on one stud was $1600, not bad for $100 investment, and that don’t count the money from breeding my female to another mans stud.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-01-2018 10:52 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

UKC..$20 entry...win your cast and get $40. PKC...$30 entry fee...win your cast and get $72. If you are in it for the money then hunt PKC. But if you like to hunt UKC hunts then you get your entry and gas money back. UKC hunts have never been set up to make money. I don't know why people keep wanting to change them. If you want to hunt for money then hunt money hunts. Don't hunt UKC hunts and complain because they aren't money hunts.

Old Post 01-01-2018 10:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, you need to go back to school before you start crunching numbers. And try to sell those pups if they aren't Performanced.

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:02 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

How many dogs you got to have in that hunt to get $40 Richard ? I will train mine win a big hunt and get enough to buy a new pickup coondogs sell papers don't. They can go win enough in one hunt to pay for the dog.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 01-01-2018 at 11:06 PM

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:04 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

You ever seen a Coondog win with out a set of papers.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:26 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You get about $10 a dog.

First you have to hire/pay a handler then pay the $300 entry fee and then beat those other 64 coondogs. They don't exactly give those trucks away. But good luck.

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:27 PM
yadkintar
Banned

$7.00 is all you get for 4 dogs ! 8 dogs 2 cast pays $110.00 in chkc $60.00 entry that's almost double your entry fee plus they pay you right then you ain't got to wait for it a year plus they already got the rules we been asking for on here for years lol.

Tim you got all granditus lol.

I just got mutts but when I take them to town they make those all grands look bad lol wink wink !

I am my handler

Tarcephus

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:47 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Tar you looking at this with your eyes closed, I would think that every one that has a nice young or old dog will try to put a UKC title on it, the dog can be 10 years old before someone decides to go to a hunt but you still get paid Ten years later if you paid the pup up.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:51 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
$7.00 is all you get for 4 dogs ! 8 dogs 2 cast pays $110.00 in chkc $60.00 entry that's almost double your entry fee plus they pay you right then you ain't got to wait for it a year plus they already got the rules we been asking for on here for years lol.

Tim you got all granditus lol.

I just got mutts but when I take them to town they make those all grands look bad lol wink wink !

I am my handler

Tarcephus

Tar I just bred to a PR dog so put that where the sun never shines.

PS I bett your mutts have papers, papers you have followed for years.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-01-2018 11:54 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby.... 10 dogs wins you 1 point. Each point is worth $100. So 4 dogs wins you .4 points or $40.

What is CHKC? Have you found some new KC that you can win in? Why aren't you posting on their website instead of UKC's? I can't believe that you would get on the UKC website and talk about how you dislike the UKC hunts and promote your new KC's hunts. How much money have you won in your new KC's hunts? Whatever happened to Teamplayer Tar? Or did you join a new team?

Old Post 01-02-2018 12:02 AM
yadkintar
Banned

No I am not look at the old add on Deacon super staked and performanced I did it on countless dogs in the beginning it paid till they capped this and that and numbers started to decline granny was a three pup litter when they were two I got some good checks but it has changed you count all expenses to get to a hunt that has enough entry's to make you earn enough points to get a good check your in the hole and I never ever ever ever want anouther stud dog I ain't setting at home waiting on some bser that ain't going to show anyways to each his own I never had any problem getting good money for a coondog let sombody else do the promoting.

Tar

Richard still like to Grntch in ukc but when I hunted fly in chkc two years ago I won $1,100 in two months in 12 cast match your performance points with that!!

Last edited by yadkintar on 01-02-2018 at 12:06 AM

Old Post 01-02-2018 12:03 AM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

my thoughts. i don't even pay up a female. i'm not spending money on a pup that may or may not be a coonhound in the future. further more money in hand is better than a gamble to me. now a male pup i pay up before the cut off date, it's not to make the money (peanuts if he makes it) but it helps in the value of him in the future as a stud if he would happen to make that special stud which wont happen in my location anyway. truthfully the program help ruin the breed in my opinion. the better dog should be used for breeding not a stud that is paid up.

Old Post 01-02-2018 12:27 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Pamjohnson, I don't understand your post at all. It only costs $30 to pay up a pup and 1 win and you get that back. Whether a male was paid up as a pup has no bearing on his worth as a sire.

Old Post 01-02-2018 12:54 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Richard would you mind posting where you get a full point for 10 dogs and $40 for a 4 dog hunt not doubting you but I thought you had to hunt 20 dogs for a full point but I been wrong before.

Tar

Old Post 01-02-2018 12:58 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Here you go

quote:
Originally posted by MR.RATMAN
It would be nice to know about this program before buying in and I can't even find any information about it. Doing a good job of putting information out there for those that know nothing about it like the ones new to the sport

https://www.ukcdogs.com/performance-program

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 01-02-2018 01:01 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Richard would you mind posting where you get a full point for 10 dogs and $40 for a 4 dog hunt not doubting you but I thought you had to hunt 20 dogs for a full point but I been wrong before.

Tar

They pay percentages. I posted the link, Richard is correct. 10 dogs for a full point.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Last edited by MIKE CARDER on 01-02-2018 at 01:14 AM

Old Post 01-02-2018 01:12 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I don't mind being wrong I just can't stand Richard being right think I'll get drunk lol.

Happy new year !!

Tar

Old Post 01-02-2018 01:16 AM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I don't mind being wrong I just can't stand Richard being right think I'll get drunk lol.

Happy new year !!

Tar

I thought Richard was right. He's good

Old Post 01-02-2018 01:21 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote