UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Which Light?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RVosburg
UKC Forum Member

Which Light?

I'm looking at getting a new light and was wanting to go with a cap light. Any suggestions? I was thinking about the Bushwacker light, Boss Hot Spot or K-Light, but don't know a thing about any of them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2017 02:59 PM
RVosburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RVosburg Click here to Send RVosburg a Private Message Click Here to Email RVosburg Find more posts by RVosburg Add RVosburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

New light

I stick with Boss. Kevin and Bruce have the best customer service around. Nice balanced light, bright enough, and good battery life.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:26 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

I got a Bright Eyes Reaper Double Death a month ago, it's unbelievably bright, spot and the walk lights. Very clear and bright main beam.

Old Post 12-27-2017 10:58 PM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I have a Cajun Bayou Plus, love it. Bright and has the built in colors.
I bought my boyfriend a K-Light Moon Beam for Christmas, we've used it once seems to be a nice bright light. Also has the built in colors

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 12-28-2017 03:04 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Sunspot and Dakota are the only two that will get my business. Both have treated me really well in the past, and their lights are better than anything I have seen or used

Old Post 12-28-2017 03:16 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights.......

As you can see, there are many many answers, probably all are good Lights.
Every Light mentioned in the Posts above I have owned Most of those or have seen them in the Woods and chose not to buy one for various reasons. The Only exception is the Moon Beam, I have not seen that one in action.

There are several questions that need answered to help you decide which one is right for you.....
Do you like a tight spot or flood ?
Is a Great Walklight a must for you ?
Do you need a lot of Burntime ?
Do you like Color Modules for Summer Time ?
Do you care if the Light Builder will be around in 3 yrs ?

Do your Homework before you spend that Hard earned Money......
For me, it's a Superior Light or a Brighteyes Reaper.
With Both Company's you get a Ton of knowledge and Light Builders that have been building them for 20 + years, not many can say that.

None of the Lights mentioned above have a Walklight as good or Brighter than the Superior HellCat or the Brighteyes Reaper.......I have seen them All and None Better.

If you want to talk lights, give me a call or text and we can talk about options.
Tim......765-244-7028
Good Luck.

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 12-28-2017 at 02:54 PM

Old Post 12-28-2017 11:32 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
halfmaxwell
New UKC Forum Member

Moonshiner

you cannot go wrong with moonshiner lights! Donnal Maggard 918-598-3418. My first light I bought from him was delivered to my neighbor, (crackhead jonny) and i never saw it, I called Donnal and he sent me another. No charge. He has had all my business since that day. Great product,Great guy.

Old Post 12-28-2017 02:20 PM
halfmaxwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for halfmaxwell Click here to Send halfmaxwell a Private Message Click Here to Email halfmaxwell Find more posts by halfmaxwell Add halfmaxwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RVosburg
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the comments fellas, I appreciate it. Triple K has really got my attention on the Bright Eyes Reaper DD!

Old Post 12-28-2017 02:26 PM
RVosburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RVosburg Click here to Send RVosburg a Private Message Click Here to Email RVosburg Find more posts by RVosburg Add RVosburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

Bright eyes reaper has the best walking light and spot.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 12-28-2017 02:27 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights....

quote:
Originally posted by RVosburg
Thanks for all the comments fellas, I appreciate it. Triple K has really got my attention on the Bright Eyes Reaper DD!

You wont go wrong with the Reaper, Reaper DD, or the Superior Hellcat........Top Notch Lights ...!!!
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 12-28-2017 03:38 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedScorpion
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Sunspot and Dakota are the only two that will get my business. Both have treated me really well in the past, and their lights are better than anything I have seen or used

I highly agree.

Old Post 12-28-2017 07:13 PM
RedScorpion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedScorpion Click here to Send RedScorpion a Private Message Find more posts by RedScorpion Add RedScorpion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights.......

quote:
Originally posted by RedScorpion
I highly agree.

I agree that Mike with Sunspot Lights builds a Very Good Light and stands behind them.
Dakota Lights seem to be a good light, I bought a New one then Sold it after 1 month. They were just too hard to get ahold of.
Just my opinion.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 12-28-2017 09:37 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

SUNSPOT

Old Post 12-28-2017 11:20 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SRF
UKC Forum Member

I don’t know all I know is that I use a maglite.

Old Post 12-29-2017 03:07 AM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Simple.......

If you want the Absolute Best Walklight with a Main Beam that will reach the Top of Any Tree, and Color Modules of your choice......
Then you need either the Brighteyes Reaper or the Superior Hellcat.....
I have seen them all and haven't seen a Light out there that has a Better or Brighter Walklight or Main Beam.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 12-29-2017 11:02 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights......

Laser Torch is getting ready to release 2 New Lights, the Flamethrower & Flamethrower Lite........
They have made some other Modifications too......
Pretty decent looking Lights.

The one thing I don't like about the New Lights coming out is the way they put all the modules around the Head......to me it's Silly looking and it makes the Head look Huge....
The Smaller the Head the Better......that's the one thing I Loved about the Cajun Micro Gator, it's was Small and Compact that was pretty dang bright.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 12-29-2017 11:53 AM
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Laser Torch Pro

I have had a one for a few years and I can tell you this I won’t buy another one! It’s a good light but I HATE that I have to have a pop cover to keep the light from having a “hole” in the middle of the beam!! And when the pop cover breaks cause you will use it a lot , you have to give them another $10 or so and lets just say I probably could of bought a new light by now 🙄

Old Post 12-29-2017 01:33 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

What all do you guys use on your lights? Becuase here is what I use.

I walk in with a walk light. In the summer I use the red light, and in the winter I use high spot. Well I got tired of fishing through nine positions to find what I wanted to use. So I put on here who would build me a custom light. Sunspot and Dakota were the only two that got ahold of me that could built what I want, so I bought both, and both are fantastic.

One click back for red, three clicks forward for low flood, high flood, and high spot.

And to be honest the next one I get will not have a low flood, I dont use it as much as I thought.

Old Post 12-29-2017 01:47 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Simple.......

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
If you want the Absolute Best Walklight with a Main Beam that will reach the Top of Any Tree, and Color Modules of your choice......
Then you need either the Brighteyes Reaper or the Superior Hellcat.....
I have seen them all and haven't seen a Light out there that has a Better or Brighter Walklight or Main Beam.
Tim

How do these two compare to the extreme pro exterminator??

Old Post 12-29-2017 01:55 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
What all do you guys use on your lights? Becuase here is what I use.

I walk in with a walk light. In the summer I use the red light, and in the winter I use high spot. Well I got tired of fishing through nine positions to find what I wanted to use. So I put on here who would build me a custom light. Sunspot and Dakota were the only two that got ahold of me that could built what I want, so I bought both, and both are fantastic.

One click back for red, three clicks forward for low flood, high flood, and high spot.

And to be honest the next one I get will not have a low flood, I dont use it as much as I thought.

I have the Sun Spot Horizon and for the 1st year or so I would have agreed with you on the white flood "I didn't use it much at all at first" but in the past few months I have really taken a shine to that white flood myself. It's pretty darned nice when you get used to it, you can use your peripheral vision allot better with the flood than you can with low spot. I've been walking with the white flood, switch to the red flood going into the tree, then throw it up on high spot if I don't see eyes right away with the red flood.

Old Post 12-29-2017 02:14 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
I have the Sun Spot Horizon and for the 1st year or so I would have agreed with you on the white flood "I didn't use it much at all at first" but in the past few months I have really taken a shine to that white flood myself. It's pretty darned nice when you get used to it, you can use your peripheral vision allot better with the flood than you can with low spot. I've been walking with the white flood, switch to the red flood going into the tree, then throw it up on high spot if I don't see eyes right away with the red flood.

I have always used the flood to walk, but I should not have had both low flood, and high flood on the custum light. My next light will have three positions. High Red, High Flood, and High Spot.

Having four levels of the spot has never made any kind of sense to me.

Old Post 12-29-2017 02:16 PM
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Simple.......

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
How do these two compare to the extreme pro exterminator??

Compared to the Hellcat the Exterminator has a brighter main beam and a better flood mainly due to the extra modules.

I haven't compared it to the Brighteyes, mainly because I can't find anyone who has one to compare it to.

Xtreme Pro, Superior or Sunspot is the lights I would be looking at. There are other good lights out there and there are some I would stay completely away from.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 12-29-2017 02:22 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Just buy one. they will have a better 1 next week.

Old Post 12-29-2017 03:27 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
Just buy one. they will have a better 1 next week.

Aint that the truth? LOL

Old Post 12-29-2017 04:01 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

Anybody tried a k light zoom?

Old Post 12-29-2017 04:59 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote