UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bear Dog Reject
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JAH
Banned

Bear Dog Reject

By bear dog reject I mean the dog is scared of bears.Don't ask me why it is scared of a bear. Because I don't know its not my dog.I know someone that knows someone with a dog like this.Anyway its been offered to me in the chance it may turn out to be a coon dog.I haven't took it yet.Anyway what do some of you think its chances are of turning out to hunt coon if its scared of a bear?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-26-2017 03:09 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

yes

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 12-26-2017 03:15 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I hunt coons and I am scared of a Bear.

Old Post 12-26-2017 03:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I was just thinking the same thing!!

Old Post 12-26-2017 03:36 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I have a pretty fair coon dog that's scared of a coon.

Old Post 12-26-2017 05:45 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

My thing is if its scared of a little bear what else might it be scared of.

Old Post 12-26-2017 06:21 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lynn Tubbs
UKC Forum Member

Possums

Old Post 12-26-2017 06:33 PM
Lynn Tubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lynn Tubbs Click here to Send Lynn Tubbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Lynn Tubbs Find more posts by Lynn Tubbs Add Lynn Tubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david.e.penley
UKC Forum Member

Coon hound

I would say yes, its smart to be afraid of a bear. It might make a nice coon hound.

DAVID PENLEY (828)- 635-6881

GRCH GRNITECH HONEY CREEK SPiDER R.I.P.
THE #1 REPRODUCER OUT OF GRNITECH 'PR' HONEY CREEK HARRY !

CHKC SUPER STUD, PKC CH, GRNITECH 'PR' HONEY CREEK SPIDER (SEMEN)

PKC CH. GRNITECH "PR"
LONE PINE T-REX (SEMEN)

PKC CH GRCH NITECH LEGEND'S LONE PINE TAR HTX (SEMEN)

THE TRUTH DOESN'T HURT ANYONE, IT JUST
PISSES THEM OFF !

BLACKOAK KENNEL
HOME OF:

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH' PR ' WHITE'S LITTLE QUEENIE
( GRNITECH ' PR ' TURPIN'S INSANE CAIN x
CH GRNITECH 'PR' FROST BITE ) OUT OF TRACKMAN.
5 GENERATION ALL GRAND !
5th PLACE FINALIST 2017 WORLD HUNT

PKC CH GRCH NITECH "PR" LONE PINE TAR HTX
( Grnitech Lone Pine Legend and Grniech Stylish Daisy ) Triple Coma and Lone pine as close as your going to get it.
Tar is being hunted and being showed in UKC. Being hunted in pkc also.

"PR" Madcap's Insane Sue
( Grch Grnitech "PR" Insane Madcap and
Insane Gypsy ) " a natural"

Old Post 12-26-2017 09:15 PM
david.e.penley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david.e.penley Click here to Send david.e.penley a Private Message Click Here to Email david.e.penley Visit david.e.penley's homepage! Find more posts by david.e.penley Add david.e.penley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I have never hunted bear...not by choice...but I have been told this by bear hunters that also run hogs with the same dogs...a good Hog dog will run and Bay hogs but sometimes not bear...a good bear dog will run and tree bear and will also run and Bay hogs...

Old Post 12-26-2017 10:03 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

We have a lot of bear, they run deer with dogs here, we coon hunt, fox hunt, cat hunt, etc. Many dogs are scared of a bear but preform well on other game. I hunted one that was terrified of bear scent but loved a coon. A friend who has two litter mates. One will have nothing to do with a bear but loves a coon, the other has never cared for a coon but loves a bear.

Try the dog, you may end up with a coon dog!

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:33 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F bond
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JAH
My thing is if its scared of a little bear what else might it be scared of.
put a pack off dogs on that little bear and watch that little bear as you call it turn into a mean critter if he can't find a place to get away from the dogs. I've never had to pack a dog out of the woods cause of a coon but I have cause they was a little stupid with a bear.

Old Post 12-27-2017 07:45 AM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I had a dog out of Nailor and seen a few others off Nailor that was scared to death of a bear, I think I would stay away from the Yadkin River Dogs. That is why I could never figure out why they had Blaster out in Wyoming, he probably never came out of his box. From what I have seen....

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:37 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ridgerunner1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by F bond
put a pack off dogs on that little bear and watch that little bear as you call it turn into a mean critter if he can't find a place to get away from the dogs. I've never had to pack a dog out of the woods cause of a coon but I have cause they was a little stupid with a bear.

Surely not lol these boys got no clue

Old Post 12-27-2017 11:11 PM
ridgerunner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ridgerunner1 Click here to Send ridgerunner1 a Private Message Click Here to Email ridgerunner1 Find more posts by ridgerunner1 Add ridgerunner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ridgerunner1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by F bond

Surely not lol these boys got no clue

Old Post 12-28-2017 01:09 AM
ridgerunner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ridgerunner1 Click here to Send ridgerunner1 a Private Message Click Here to Email ridgerunner1 Find more posts by ridgerunner1 Add ridgerunner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

I watched Jerry Whitt take the barrel of his 22 and run a bear back up a tree that his dogs and 3 of his pups had treed , I was scared to death but will never forget that hunt, we cut the dogs down a old dirt road and began jogging behind them almost instantly they were struck it was supposed to be a hog I was about 15 years old 3 hours later were at a big pine tree with a bear in the top of it ,Jerry started tying dogs when the bear turned loose of the tree and almost at the bottom it grabbed back ahold bark was flying and Jerry took his riffle and was sticking it in its rear to run it back up this happened about 2 more times till he got the dogs caught up and we left , he just laughed no way I would stab a bear with a riffle it was a big sucker too! By the way when we arrived at his house that day to go hunting he had 30- 40 dogs and about half were all bandaged up and out of commission wonder why.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 12-28-2017 01:25 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote