UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dogtra Pathfinder
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bigcountry5858
UKC Forum Member

Go on Kentucky cooner YouTube he used and has a video about it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2017 10:38 PM
Bigcountry5858 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigcountry5858 Click here to Send Bigcountry5858 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bigcountry5858 Find more posts by Bigcountry5858 Add Bigcountry5858 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

pathfinder

i got one but the weather has not allowed me to try it out yet

Old Post 03-02-2017 02:04 AM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluestorm
UKC Forum Member

Question

My only problem with it is, what happens when you're hunting and it starts to pour down rain. I've had it happen to me before, and I don't know that I wanna be holding my phone out tracking my dog when that happens

2018 Fred Lingo Memorial & BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of the Hunt
2018 6th place and overall high scoring bluetick, UKC Youth Nationals
2018 BBOA Zone 4 Hunt Dog of the Year
Double Cast Winner at the 2019 National Bluetick Days
2020 UKC world qualifier
CW at bluetick days RQE
Qualified for 2021 UKC world hunt

Old Post 03-02-2017 03:42 AM
bluestorm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluestorm Click here to Send bluestorm a Private Message Click Here to Email bluestorm Find more posts by bluestorm Add bluestorm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Water proof phone

Old Post 03-02-2017 04:01 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

phone

new iphones are water proof, but i use a lifeproof case anyways so not an issue for me

Old Post 03-02-2017 03:54 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Well I really like this unit, never lost communication ion. I'm not too thrilled with the offline maps, even though I downloaded some for area that don't have cell service the offline maps are not like google earth like I THOUGHT they would be, just very basic bland map that I found useless. I'm used to knowing a little about the terrain and certain changes on my Birdseye or google earth, but if no reception can't see that stuff. Anybody else tried downloading maps where there is no cel service

Old Post 03-03-2017 03:49 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

In this thread I stated the drawback on not having service is basic maps. I am familiar with where I hunt so it is not a big deal. On new ground it is a big drawback.

I posted this twice earlier in this thread.

The one draw back I think for many is the fact you have to use your phone with it. Then the second thing is if you don't have service even with your phone your limited to basic maps.

Dogtra states that you can't download Google maps for areas not covered by service. I know a competitor with a system just like this did. Not sure they still do, but they did and there was a limit and a slight fee for purchasing more area. I think Dogtra should look into this and maybe one day the mapping will change.

Again my two issues is the CELL PHONE and BASIC MAPS. I think people will get over the cell phone issue but the BASIC MAPS need to be addressed.

Great system with a few minor adjustments needed and I am sure they will come.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 03-03-2017 at 11:08 AM

Old Post 03-03-2017 10:33 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

Very good statement Bruce, as using the cell phone is not an issue for me, but hopefully they can address the offline maps. The system was very impressive other than that drawback for me

Old Post 03-03-2017 12:02 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogtra

quote:
Originally posted by buchcoonhunter
Very good statement Bruce, as using the cell phone is not an issue for me, but hopefully they can address the offline maps. The system was very impressive other than that drawback for me

I was disappointed by the offline maps too. But I just stop where there is service and scroll over to where I am hunting on the map, than drive there and your maps are good to go.

Old Post 03-03-2017 01:09 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

Any new reviews of the Pathfinder? It was all I could do to not buy one at B&T Days last week.

Old Post 05-11-2017 01:06 AM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

Got mine off Bruce at walker days and I love it , the offline maps could be improved but other than that it picks up great

Old Post 05-11-2017 01:44 AM
bigdavidbeebe
UKC Forum Member

pathfinder

I have been using one since feb and they are by far the best around, You can use them at UKC hunts as they have the tracking only collar out now.

2009 ACHA OKLAHOMA STATE NITE HUNT CHAMPION CH GR NITECH PR. BEEBES PALE FACED PETE PUKEY
ACHA GR CH NITE CH .UKC CH NITE CH Okiesawyers' Queen of Diamonds ACHA 2009 Oklahoma State Leader
ACHA GRAND SHOW CH UKC CH PR. Fullhouses Okla Big Ticket
Feather Lite Lights
www.featherlitelights.com

Old Post 08-07-2017 07:14 PM
bigdavidbeebe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdavidbeebe Click here to Send bigdavidbeebe a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdavidbeebe Find more posts by bigdavidbeebe Add bigdavidbeebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Josh you still using this system?

Any other reviews on it?

Old Post 08-08-2017 06:06 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

August 15th they are coming out with a track only collar. That should allow them to be used in competition. I have had mine for some time now and haven't had one problem out of it.

Old Post 08-08-2017 07:25 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Smoke
Josh you still using this system?

Any other reviews on it?

It's awesome. I just sold my alpha today and ordered one of the tracking only collars to be shipped to me as soon as they are available.

Only gripe I have is there are no collar lights, and you have to exit the app to start a new hunt. But I like it more than the Alpha

Old Post 08-09-2017 03:32 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not sure it will ever replace my ALPHA but I can say this. I have had the system several months now. I have not had one issue with it. My ALPHA does great but has a bunch of features and computer interface that can cause someone to press the wrong button and get frustrated with it. The Dogtra has not had one glitch or did not perform as advertised at anytime since I have had it. It is simple and zero issues so far.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 08-09-2017 at 02:50 PM

Old Post 08-09-2017 12:46 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Not sure it will ever replace my ALPHA but I can say this. I have had the system several months now. I have not had one issue with it. My ALPHA does great but has a bunch of features and computer interface that can cause someone experienced to press the wrong button and get frustrated with it. The Dogtra has not had one glitch or did not perform as advertised at anytime since I have had it. It is simple and zero issues so far.

Bruce I've said all along they need to simplify the Alpha. Too many features, too hard to maintain.

Old Post 08-09-2017 02:50 PM
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys. My Alpha wears me out sometimes. I'm about due for 2 new collars. Thought about trying this system out. Be about the same price as 2 new collars. Or I might break out the old ATS system and just use it

Old Post 08-09-2017 03:46 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder.....

I am guessing this System is still pleasing the ones that have it ?
Even the 320 I have gets a little aggrevating sometimes.
I am going to Buy one of these, probably get it from Superior Lights, since they are now selling these.
Thanks
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 10-18-2017 at 12:22 AM

Old Post 10-16-2017 03:34 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

So can a guy buy the track only collar, download an app and have everything you need?

dk

Old Post 10-17-2017 01:38 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

So can a guy buy the track only collar, download an app and have everything you need?

dk

Old Post 10-17-2017 01:38 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You have to buy the system. Which is the collar and the unit that stays with you and collect the information and blue tooth it to the phone.

The sell track only systems for 379.99 then once you have the system you just add collars.

Old Post 10-17-2017 04:30 PM
Thad Simpson
UKC Forum Member

TRX

Got one in today, track only. Any advise or suggestions are appreciated. Downloaded a few maps where I know the service is limited.

Old Post 01-03-2018 07:19 PM
Thad Simpson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thad Simpson Click here to Send Thad Simpson a Private Message Click Here to Email Thad Simpson Find more posts by Thad Simpson Add Thad Simpson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

I've had mine about a month and love it. 👍

Old Post 01-03-2018 09:29 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder.........

I have had mine about 2 weeks.....I really think I am going to Love this System.....
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-03-2018 10:00 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote