UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Here is one I need Your Opinion on!!
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you have the money, you can get a good dog to hunt in PKC. If you have a good dog someone will furnish the money to hunt in PKC.
But you can hunt by yourself in UKC whether or not you have the money or dog. Just look at me. I don't have the dog or money any more but I still go to the big UKC hunts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2018 05:48 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I used to look for reasons to go to the hunts now I look for reasons not to go like right now I am broke and got a crummy dog and don't want to set behind the moh table and listen to sombody complain how's that lol.

Team player

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 01-17-2018 at 06:09 PM

Old Post 01-17-2018 06:00 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
..... and don't want to set behind the moh table and listen to sombody complain ......

Those excuses are easily fixed. First appoint a hunt director and quit hiding behind that table. It is a hunt isn't it? Well join the rest of the guys and start hunting. Become a hunter again. It is so easy to stand back and take pot shots at everyone. Try getting in the trenches and hunt again. Maybe you will experience the excitement you used to get and start having fun again. Then you might actually look forward to the camraderie. And I bet that Robert would be happy to pay your entry fee.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 01-17-2018 at 06:45 PM

Old Post 01-17-2018 06:42 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

They ain't nobody to take my spot and if I don't do it these guys don't have nowhere else to go !! But these things will pass they say me and jimmy and the 1/2 and 1/2 are going tonight going to be good now quit messing up my nap Richard lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 06:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, the cook in the kitchen can be a hunt director..

Old Post 01-17-2018 07:21 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I am both thank you I can multitask they may not do it like I want it done boy you must be snowed in you been on fire today or your wife ain't home one lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:13 PM
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Apparantly you don't understand the intangibles that go along with that trophy... pride, self esteem, standing in the coonhunting community, power... just to name a few. In that other KC there is only money involved. And you can always win more money the next night.

I disagree that the the other kc that its just the money. In my opinion Jarvis Umphers was one of the best innovators in the coon hunting world, he coupled the money with the RECOGNITION! When it all started wvery little dinky hunt in the country were sending pics in and they were posted in the magazine, paper back then. Peopl like to see themselves and there hounds recognized in the book, for every one else to see. That is as important as any trophy or finacial prize you can have! Just look at social media and all the people that jist post pics of themselves for the heck of it. I believe today that the recognitions/pics in the magazines play a huge part and for the big winners the articles as well.

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:42 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dean you hit the nail on the head.

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:53 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
.......they may not do it like I want it done.......
Tar

......Oh my goodness, that explains a lot.

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:41 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Yepper this hood is run by a bunch of original O.G'S west side cripples when we grimis in pain or hold our sore backs that's our gang sighns.

Gang related.
Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:48 PM