UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Which Light?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Colors.....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
Thats true on them selling a Ton of them....They did.
I heard alot of Complaints on the Coke Can size Spot.
It was a Great Light, and still a good Seller. Still alot of those lights in use that are 6-8 years old.
Tim

Original Torch was 'ok'
Torch Pro w/color is way better {I still have both}
Never seen or tried any other of their newer products.

Torch pro w/color does everything I need.
Gonna take something nice,bright and 'color' of light I want to make me switch.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-04-2018 09:47 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I understand, we dont put it on the website because a lot of people seemed confused by the options of the colors. Either way Sunspot or just about anyone for that matter can do whatever you want.

Joey, please know that in no way was I bashing Sunspot lights. They are great lights with great customer service. Same with Boss. Kevin Rainwater is a heck of a good guy and builds a great product. The ONLY reason I went away from the Sunspot and Boss is because I really like the bright white light and at the time didn’t know Sunspot and Boss could offer that. I got a Bright Eyes gravedigger and really liked it. Then I got Reaper and liked it even better. I met Ray Conrad at Autumn Oaks and traded my well used Gravedigger In on a new Double Death plus belt light and I felt like he gave me an extremely good deal on the trade in.

Old Post 01-05-2018 12:48 AM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woodbury1blues
UKC Forum Member

SAFETY FIRST.

BET YOU GUYS NEVER THINK ABOUT SAFETY FIRST..THE BUILDER BEHIND THE LIGHT MATTERS..LOST WAGES..DEDUCTIBLES..OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES...BET
FEW ON HERE HAVE DI INSURANCE..THATS WHAT MATTERS TO ME MOST...GOOD DOGS SHOW COONS NOT LIGHTS..NITEHUNTERS.COM IS MY CHOICE.IVE BOUGHT THEM ALL.I FEEL SAFEST WITH NITEHUNTERS.COM

Last edited by woodbury1blues on 01-06-2018 at 04:25 AM

Old Post 01-06-2018 04:22 AM
woodbury1blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for woodbury1blues Click here to Send woodbury1blues a Private Message Click Here to Email woodbury1blues Find more posts by woodbury1blues Add woodbury1blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: SAFETY FIRST.

quote:
Originally posted by woodbury1blues
BET YOU GUYS NEVER THINK ABOUT SAFETY FIRST..THE BUILDER BEHIND THE LIGHT MATTERS..LOST WAGES..DEDUCTIBLES..OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES...BET
FEW ON HERE HAVE DI INSURANCE..THATS WHAT MATTERS TO ME MOST...GOOD DOGS SHOW COONS NOT LIGHTS..NITEHUNTERS.COM IS MY CHOICE.IVE BOUGHT THEM ALL.I FEEL SAFEST WITH NITEHUNTERS.COM

Have to agree 100%........
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-06-2018 08:50 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: SAFETY FIRST.

quote:
Originally posted by woodbury1blues

For those of you thst dont know.....Nitehunters.com is Superior Lights........
The Superior name Sums it up....!!!
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-06-2018 11:40 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lights.......

quote:
As you can see, there are many many answers, probably all are good Lights.
Every Light mentioned in the Posts above I have owned Most of those or have seen them in the Woods and chose not to buy one for various reasons. The Only exception is the Moon Beam, I have not seen that one in action.

There are several questions that need answered to help you decide which one is right for you.....
Do you like a tight spot or flood ?
Is a Great Walklight a must for you ?
Do you need a lot of Burntime ?
Do you like Color Modules for Summer Time ?
Do you care if the Light Builder will be around in 3 yrs ?

Do your Homework before you spend that Hard earned Money......
For me, it's a Superior Light or a Brighteyes Reaper.
With Both Company's you get a Ton of knowledge and Light Builders that have been building them for 20 + years, not many can say that.

None of the Lights mentioned above have a Walklight as good or Brighter than the Superior HellCat or the Brighteyes Reaper.......I have seen them All and None Better.

If you want to talk lights, give me a call or text and we can talk about options.
Tim......765-244-7028
Good Luck.

Tim,

Can you explain the difference between "bright white" and "neutral white"? The advantages and disadvantages?

thank you

Old Post 01-09-2018 08:27 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Lights.......

quote:
Originally posted by BGathright
Tim,

Can you explain the difference between "bright white" and "neutral white"? The advantages and disadvantages?

thank you

This is my opinion on these Color Tints of the Main Beam......
To me, I can see much better with the Bright White, like with the Reaper or Hellcat. The Neutral White has a yellowish tint so to imitate the 5100 Head & Bulb. The Neutral just doesn't look as Bright to me, it also makes some of the "Rust" Colored Coon blend in with the tree.....this is what I see with my eyes.

When these LED Lights first came out several years ago most Light Builders were using LED's that had a Blue/White tint....and it blended Everything together.....I couldn't see anything with those. They are much better today and to me the Bright White is the Only way to go.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-09-2018 09:26 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Lights.......

quote:
This is my opinion on these Color Tints of the Main Beam......
To me, I can see much better with the Bright White, like with the Reaper or Hellcat. The Neutral White has a yellowish tint so to imitate the 5100 Head & Bulb. The Neutral just doesn't look as Bright to me, it also makes some of the "Rust" Colored Coon blend in with the tree.....this is what I see with my eyes.

When these LED Lights first came out several years ago most Light Builders were using LED's that had a Blue/White tint....and it blended Everything together.....I couldn't see anything with those. They are much better today and to me the Bright White is the Only way to go.
Tim

I talk to well over 100 people a week on the phone, a lot of the conversations are on this subject. Probably 90 percent or better have the opposite opinion that you have, but some definitely see better with the cool white color.

The natural color light are no where near the color of the old 5100 heads. Not even close, they are the same as the color you are looking at in the daylight. Natural color means just that, it shows you what the color is as if the sun was shinning on it. If you have trouble distinguishing between two different colors in the daylight then you will with a natural color light. If you dont then you will not.

As far as what one is brighter has absolutely nothing to do with color. Thats strictly how many lumens the light you are using can concentrate on the place you are shining. Thats its Lux reading. Now to the human eye a natural color that is 10k lux verses a cool white that is 10k lux of the cool color might appear brighter. Especially on a white wall or inside 50 yards. That's because it is harsh on the eye and causes a glare. I can get real deep with this subject but you get the point. Next year at AO be sure and come by the booth after dark Tim and I will show you a few things.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-10-2018 12:31 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lights.......

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I talk to well over 100 people a week on the phone, a lot of the conversations are on this subject. Probably 90 percent or better have the opposite opinion that you have, but some definitely see better with the cool white color.

The natural color light are no where near the color of the old 5100 heads. Not even close, they are the same as the color you are looking at in the daylight. Natural color means just that, it shows you what the color is as if the sun was shinning on it. If you have trouble distinguishing between two different colors in the daylight then you will with a natural color light. If you dont then you will not.

As far as what one is brighter has absolutely nothing to do with color. Thats strictly how many lumens the light you are using can concentrate on the place you are shining. Thats its Lux reading. Now to the human eye a natural color that is 10k lux verses a cool white that is 10k lux of the cool color might appear brighter. Especially on a white wall or inside 50 yards. That's because it is harsh on the eye and causes a glare. I can get real deep with this subject but you get the point. Next year at AO be sure and come by the booth after dark Tim and I will show you a few things.

I agree with the Natural Color Light not being close......that is Exactly what I have found. I have actually been thinking about using a 5100 or 5200 Head again on a Beltlight.....just to see if they were as good as we thought they were.....😏
I must see different thru my eyes than most folks, because that Nuetral Color is sure not how I see things in the Daylight. Every bodies eyes are different in how they see things I guess. I think I have come to a conclusion about these Lights......Most of them are Plenty Bright Enough and I prefer to have an Extremely Lightweight Caplight for the Summer and it doesn't have to be very Bright.......But then for Fall/Winter I want a Nice, Long Burning Beltlight......that's All you need.
I remember back in the Day we would buy say an Eagle III and use it for 3 or 4 years before we got a New One......and usually it was the only light we owned, or at least it was for me.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-10-2018 03:13 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Which Light?

quote:
Originally posted by RVosburg
I'm looking at getting a new light and was wanting to go with a cap light. Any suggestions? I was thinking about the Bushwacker light, Boss Hot Spot or K-Light, but don't know a thing about any of them.

Did you get you a New Light yet RVosburg ?
If so, how you like it ?
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 03-08-2018 12:55 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bright White light

quote:
Originally posted by rick golden
It's Bright White for me!! I used natural color and for myself I just do not like it in some of these tall popular trees and Oaks I want a bright white light. And by the way Thanks A Bunch Tim for steering me in the right direction.

Hey Rick.....Not a problem. Glad to help you with your decision on your New Light.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 03-08-2018 07:24 PM
richardfish
UKC Forum Member

Triple K:. Would you catagorize the Laser Pro and Pro plus color as warm white or bright white? I can still find coons with them, but they don't stand out like they did in the days of the 16 volt Cajun Rambo.

Old Post 12-06-2018 09:55 PM
richardfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richardfish Click here to Send richardfish a Private Message Click Here to Email richardfish Find more posts by richardfish Add richardfish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by richardfish
Triple K:. Would you catagorize the Laser Pro and Pro plus color as warm white or bright white? I can still find coons with them, but they don't stand out like they did in the days of the 16 volt Cajun Rambo.

It is what they are calling a bright white. Good people there and they have served several hunters well for a long time.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 12-07-2018 08:44 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richardfish
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me Michael.

Old Post 12-07-2018 11:07 PM
richardfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richardfish Click here to Send richardfish a Private Message Click Here to Email richardfish Find more posts by richardfish Add richardfish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote