UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Frosty Whiskers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Frosty Whiskers

Whew!.......... two degrees above zero this morning. Good day for frosty whiskers. Winter is here!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2017 01:38 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

I am surprised you even put on a jacket.

It is -14 here this morning and as I was going across Fox Bottom it dropped to -17. Just thankful there is no wind.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 12-27-2017 01:40 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Can you see the little "feels like -16" in the bottom right corner?

Old Post 12-27-2017 01:41 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

We must

Be having a heat wave. Global warming at its best in Ky

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 12-27-2017 01:46 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That's snow snake wheather !!

Old Post 12-27-2017 01:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

-25 here with the wind chill. Today is the warmest of the next four days No snow, just a good layer of ice.

Old Post 12-27-2017 02:45 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

-2 feels like -14 here

-2 feels like -14 here. The good news: January 6th, 10 days from now, it will get above freezing. The highs will be above freezing for a few days. That's what you gotta look forward to in the north. I always enjoy seeing January in the review mirror.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 12-27-2017 02:49 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Re: I am surprised you even put on a jacket.

quote:
Originally posted by Tim MACHA
It is -14 here this morning and as I was going across Fox Bottom it dropped to -17. Just thankful there is no wind.

-12 here tim,and yes if the wind was blowing it would be nasty...

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 12-27-2017 02:50 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

37 here now,,, i hate winter lol

Old Post 12-27-2017 02:55 PM
DMG_3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMG_3 Click here to Send DMG_3 a Private Message Find more posts by DMG_3 Add DMG_3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Snowsnake

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
That's snow snake wheather !!

Hey Tar how do you guys know about that Iroquois game snow snake? You ever compete???

Up to -7 here, thank goodness no wind. The rabbits and deer are hitting the bird feeders at night and the hawks are hanging round the house because of all the bird activity at the feeders. Good night to call in a fox!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:12 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Snowsnake

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Robinson
Hey Tar how do you guys know about that Iroquois game snow snake? You ever compete???

Up to -7 here, thank goodness no wind. The rabbits and deer are hitting the bird feeders at night and the hawks are hanging round the house because of all the bird activity at the feeders. Good night to call in a fox!

I am more well traveled than most realize lol. Snow snakes crawl up your hind end and freeze the dookie out of you lol.

Tar

Built a water tower in Portland Oregon in the winter they had them there lol.

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: Snowsnake

quote:

Hey Doug, my brother lives not to far away from you (North Java). He has trapped I think 84 fox so far this year. Going to stop at 100 I think. I think he also has 50 some Coon, but only keeps XXL ones. Turned a bunch loose. He said he doesn’t know anyone who coonhunts anymore.

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:21 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Just remember, no matter how bad it gets there is somewhere worse.

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Snowsnake

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
Hey Doug, my brother lives not to far away from you (North Java). He has trapped I think 84 fox so far this year. Going to stop at 100 I think. I think he also has 50 some Coon, but only keeps XXL ones. Turned a bunch loose. He said he doesn’t know anyone who coonhunts anymore.

Mike North Java is old stomping grounds what's your brothers name? Bob Kirsch bought the old gas station/country store on 98 right there in N. Java I stop for coffee all the time now called the Java Country store. My good friend Sam Samson over on Youngers rd has a sawmill and best trapper I know has 100 fox already. Yotes have been moving in and wondered if they have driven fox off some. Have had a mild winter up till now. We have had the Fisher cats move in also does your brother trap them? Very few coon hunters around anymore. Getting lot more bear too local hunters have killed a couple over 300 lbs this past season but we still cant hunt them with dogs. Small world!

Past Home of:

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:53 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Just remember, no matter how bad it gets there is somewhere worse.

Yea and that place was north plait Nebraska in the winter never been so cold in my life the motel room door froze shut lol. We could only work 6 hour days you could leave your truck running and the heater would never get warm lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:55 PM
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Snowsnake

quote:
I am more well traveled than most realize lol. Snow snakes crawl up your hind end and freeze the dookie out of you lol.

Tar

Built a water tower in Portland Oregon in the winter they had them there lol.

Ha you aint that well traveled if you don't know the Iroquois game Snow Snake! You and your dookie infatuation!! LOL

Past Home of:

Current

Old Post 12-27-2017 03:57 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I was trying to be polite lol.

Old Post 12-27-2017 04:04 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

MINUS 22 HERE THIS MORNING Weather man said it was going to get cold this coming weekend -25 and colder. One nice thing NO MISQUITOES! LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 12-27-2017 04:23 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Snowsnake

quote:
Mike North Java is old stomping grounds what's your brothers name? Bob Kirsch bought the old gas station/country store on 98 right there in N. Java I stop for coffee all the time now called the Java Country store. My good friend Sam Samson over on Youngers rd has a sawmill and best trapper I know has 100 fox already. Yotes have been moving in and wondered if they have driven fox off some. Have had a mild winter up till now. We have had the Fisher cats move in also does your brother trap them? Very few coon hunters around anymore. Getting lot more bear too local hunters have killed a couple over 300 lbs this past season but we still cant hunt them with dogs. Small world!

His name is Roy Carder. Just talked to him. Said that on top of fox and Coon he has 45 yotes and over 200 muskrats several mink. He was talking about the fishers and he said they have a lot down near ellicotville. But said he hasn’t seen any around him.

Old Post 12-27-2017 04:59 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

When i run across a clutch of snow snake eggs i always crush them, even tho they r protected and endangered. JS

Old Post 12-27-2017 05:11 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Snow Snake - Native game

quote:
I was trying to be polite lol.

The Snow Snake Games were played in the winter, after the men returned from the annual hunt. These were huge games. Village played village. People shouted for their team. It was an exciting game of skill to the Iroquois people, and a team sport.

Before the games, each player carved their own "snake", which was a flattened piece of wood or a carved wood scrap, depending upon the age of the players and the competition level. One end was curved up a little, and the other end was notched to make it easy to throw.

When two teams met, they dragged a log through the snow to form a path or a trough. The object of the game was to throw your "snake" along the trough at a really fast speed. Teams alternated tosses. The distance that your snake traveled was added to your team score. Whichever side had the longest total distance or the best score was the winner.

Past Home of:

Current

Old Post 12-27-2017 07:53 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I ment by saying dookie insted of the alternative lol. Evidently there is more than one species of snow snake doggon things are everywhere this time of year lol.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 12-27-2017 at 08:30 PM

Old Post 12-27-2017 08:22 PM