UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Natural LED vs White LED
Natural LED or White LED
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Natural 64 63.37%
White 37 36.63%
Total: 101 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Paul Bailey
UKC Forum Member

Natural LED vs White LED

What doe you guys prefer? Ordering a new light and trying to decide which LED. Thanks for any input!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2017 11:28 PM
Paul Bailey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Bailey Click here to Send Paul Bailey a Private Message Find more posts by Paul Bailey Add Paul Bailey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

LED......

I prefer the White Color, my eyes can see things a little better with that.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 12-24-2017 08:21 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Natural by far!!

Old Post 12-24-2017 08:44 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Natural light color by far here also. I've found that coons won't hardly ever look at the bright white color light. I've had both. And even if they don't look I can spot the coon easier with the natural. With the white led, the coons fur blends into the tree very easily. Especially if it's a calico colored coon. A couple buddies of mine have the white and after hunting a few times together they prefer me to shine first before we try and burn the pine needles and leaves off. But I guess it depends on your eyes more than anything.

Old Post 12-24-2017 10:03 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Light.......

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Natural light color by far here also. I've found that coons won't hardly ever look at the bright white color light. I've had both. And even if they don't look I can spot the coon easier with the natural. With the white led, the coons fur blends into the tree very easily. Especially if it's a calico colored coon. A couple buddies of mine have the white and after hunting a few times together they prefer me to shine first before we try and burn the pine needles and leaves off. But I guess it depends on your eyes more than anything.

Yes, it all depends on your eyes on which works best.
These Newer Lights, with the Bright White.....its just like Daylight to me. The Natural Color seems to let the Coon Blend in with the tree to me.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 12-25-2017 12:37 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

Led lights

Natural led light is the way to go. The bright white has no depth and way to many shadows.

Old Post 12-25-2017 02:27 AM
Chad Francis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Francis Click here to Send Chad Francis a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Francis Find more posts by Chad Francis Add Chad Francis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

I like natural when leaves are on. They seem to look more at the less bright light.

I like bright white when leaves are off. I don't care if he looks or not, like Triple K, my eyes see better with the white light and I can spot him.

But if I had to choose one or the other to use all the time, I'd go with white.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 12-25-2017 02:58 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melody Creek Kennels
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
Natural by far!!

X2

Old Post 12-25-2017 06:34 PM
Melody Creek Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melody Creek Kennels Click here to Send Melody Creek Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Melody Creek Kennels Add Melody Creek Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
james smith
UKC Forum Member

I purchased a Light with natural main beam, and natural walk lites. My old light had natural main beam and bright white walk lite. Now My eyes don’t have to adjust from the bright white to the yellow.

Old Post 12-25-2017 09:33 PM
james smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for james smith Find more posts by james smith Add james smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

NATURAL BY FAR

Old Post 12-26-2017 12:24 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Natural

Natural, especially if you are use to a bulb. The white takes some time getting use to it. With the white LED, I see everything as black or white.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 12-26-2017 11:27 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Superior Hellcat

I just bought the Superior Hellcat with the Natural light.
I also own the Bright Eyes Double Death Reaper.

I am anxious to use the Hellcat and compare the two.

Old Post 01-22-2018 09:51 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Led lights

quote:
Originally posted by Chad Francis
Natural led light is the way to go. The bright white has no depth and way to many shadows.

X2!!

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 01-23-2018 01:41 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote