UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > different hand held garmin signals?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nathan Callihan
UKC Forum Member

different hand held garmin signals?

Question! When I go with my buddy that has the same Garmin and software update I do; goes hunting, he continuously gets better signal on our dogs! I will loose them at 200ydsthe in the hills and they will go in and out and finally loose them! The whole time he keeps good signal on them!
Why is this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2012 02:15 AM
Nathan Callihan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Callihan Click here to Send Nathan Callihan a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Callihan Find more posts by Nathan Callihan Add Nathan Callihan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
baker143
UKC Forum Member

try doing a master reset on it i had the same problem master reset helped a bunch

Old Post 05-01-2012 02:30 AM
baker143 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for baker143 Click here to Send baker143 a Private Message Click Here to Email baker143 Find more posts by baker143 Add baker143 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

losing signal at that distance may have broken wires inside that go from board to antenna connector that antenna screws into call bruce conkey 386 972 4937 he can fix or you can get refurbished one from garmin for 150.00 had local wizard fix mine 20.00 i took apart found problem he replaced broken wires works like new hope this helps common problem someone overtightened antenna

Old Post 05-01-2012 02:56 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RBB-SCOTT
UKC Forum Member

Clear Tracks

Have you ever cleared the old tracks? Seems like anytime I have run into this with other hunters their system is 90% full on tracks and they have never been shown how to clear them out.

Old Post 05-01-2012 03:41 AM
RBB-SCOTT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RBB-SCOTT Click here to Send RBB-SCOTT a Private Message Find more posts by RBB-SCOTT Add RBB-SCOTT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Callihan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
losing signal at that distance may have broken wires inside that go from board to antenna connector that antenna screws into call bruce conkey 386 972 4937 he can fix or you can get refurbished one from garmin for 150.00 had local wizard fix mine 20.00 i took apart found problem he replaced broken wires works like new hope this helps common problem someone overtightened antenna

Thanks baker and groworg! Baker ill try a reset! How do you do that? Groworg, I don't think that's the problem,! I've had that happen and fixed it! But it aint doing that bad! It works better than what it did when I had broke internal antenna!

Old Post 05-01-2012 03:42 AM
Nathan Callihan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Callihan Click here to Send Nathan Callihan a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Callihan Find more posts by Nathan Callihan Add Nathan Callihan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Callihan
UKC Forum Member

Re: Clear Tracks

quote:
Originally posted by RBB-SCOTT
Have you ever cleared the old tracks? Seems like anytime I have run into this with other hunters their system is 90% full on tracks and they have never been shown how to clear them out.

yes i know how to do this and do it often!

Thanks for the reply's

Old Post 05-01-2012 06:53 PM