UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > need names of big time hunters!
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

Ron Taylor, Mackie Manns Jerry Rains, Mark Jones, Dale Sowder, Randy Scaggs,

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2004 02:35 PM
John Vaught is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Vaught Click here to Send John Vaught a Private Message Click Here to Email John Vaught Find more posts by John Vaught Add John Vaught to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

There is not many left like Bert Oney who has raised trained and won as much as he has!! He knows alot about the other breeds and where they came from.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 02-08-2004 02:36 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harry trumble
UKC Forum Member

darrel newton, keith medley, macavoy, the utchman brothers, john walkup(spelling). these guys have all put dogs out on the stud market to better there breeds.

Old Post 02-08-2004 02:43 PM
harry trumble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harry trumble Click here to Send harry trumble a Private Message Click Here to Email harry trumble Find more posts by harry trumble Add harry trumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SNIPER
New UKC Forum Member

ALLEN SHOE---------KYLE CHASE-----------MR PAUL

Old Post 02-08-2004 02:53 PM
SNIPER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPER Click here to Send SNIPER a Private Message Click Here to Email SNIPER Find more posts by SNIPER Add SNIPER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

What about Dave Haugh, "REDTICK"?????!!!!! He is a legend is he not???

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 02-08-2004 02:55 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mocassin plott
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
John Walkup, Bill Herrell, Charlie Shortridge, Jim Cannon, Wayne Allen, Steve Fielder, Eugene Walker, Jim Garrison, Mike Wright, Roy Howell. Honorable Mention~Ray Stein, Brooke Moore, Jeff Koons, Brent Zink, & Moccasin Plott- a legend in his ownright!

Gravedigger you need to ad Andrew Langley to that top list
And your giveing me and Brooke alittle to much credit to be on the same list as Ray, Jeff, and Brent.
A couple others you should throw in the mix are Bud Ramsey, Don Sexton, Curtis Walker, and Orville Roberts.
I'd also like to see old Wayne Allen's name at the top of the list.

Just trying not to upset Denny!

Old Post 02-08-2004 03:04 PM
mocassin plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mocassin plott Click here to Send mocassin plott a Private Message Click Here to Email mocassin plott Find more posts by mocassin plott Add mocassin plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Holtmeyer
UKC Forum Member

Berton Oney
Dave Dean
Joe House
Harold Hoffmiester
Jim Garrison
Ron Meyers (I think, Black and tans)

Well, at least that's a group that I'd be interested in.

Old Post 02-08-2004 03:05 PM
Randy Holtmeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Holtmeyer Click here to Send Randy Holtmeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Holtmeyer Find more posts by Randy Holtmeyer Add Randy Holtmeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICEMAN
UKC Forum Member

Gentleman this is very exciting and will be very interesting to here some of the life stories these names have got to tell and hear how and when they got into coonhunting. I believe this book to be something that could really put a new light into the sport. Everyone needs to know how and when Coonhunting became what it is today and through who. Thanks and keep the names coming we are really using this info thanks.

Old Post 02-08-2004 03:12 PM
ICEMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICEMAN Click here to Send ICEMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email ICEMAN Find more posts by ICEMAN Add ICEMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Nethery
UKC Forum Member

Ed Able

He is a Lawer, who started up the Sooner Black and Tan Kennels,
He spends alot of his time defending our rights to hunt with hounds. Contact him at SoonerBlackandTans.com
This man has made a huge impact on Coonhunting, and Hound hunting in general. Very Great Man.

GRNITECH GR"CH "PR" KIZERS Bleedin Blue Slugger, Bluetick and PR Netherys Trixie Bluetick

Old Post 02-08-2004 03:28 PM
Richard Nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Nethery Click here to Send Richard Nethery a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Nethery Find more posts by Richard Nethery Add Richard Nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad hatchett
UKC Forum Member

i think people that have helped there breed should have somthing to say as to how coonhunting has changed over the year.maybe one top guy from each breed.and maybe a couple for the walkers lol.

joe house*
berton oney*
tam young*
walker (pochahontas plotts*
buddy gilbert.*
bill shcnekner(spelling wrong
warren houslour*
wilcox
timmothy ball*
billy lynn
mike dahonny*
rilley laffon
winston arron
jerry moll
david fletcher
dave dean*
ed mead
uchtmans*
lawton robinson
ronnie mears*
lee logan*
james merchant*
ones with astricts are top picks.

Last edited by chad hatchett on 02-08-2004 at 09:45 PM

Old Post 02-08-2004 06:25 PM
chad hatchett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad hatchett Click here to Send chad hatchett a Private Message Click Here to Email chad hatchett Find more posts by chad hatchett Add chad hatchett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bulkyker
UKC Forum Member

Max Hunter?

Old Post 02-08-2004 06:56 PM
bulkyker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bulkyker Click here to Send bulkyker a Private Message Visit bulkyker's homepage! Find more posts by bulkyker Add bulkyker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kid
New UKC Forum Member

I've just been a coonhunter for a few years.BUTtheir has been a few to help me . lee weatherford taught me the best way to pack hunt a young dog to get him ready for a big hunt. david fletcher taught me the value of a good breeding program,i'm going to send him a little coma pup so he will have a good breeding program too.johnathan warrington taught me the importance of having a good dog to hunt.this is why i'm sending him a tickup fisheyed pup so he can get in the winners circle as much as me and tye.the rest of the kentucky boys ive been beating at hunts like a drum, i'm going to keep teaching them my handling skills.rick stretch has taught me the art of making money off lee.if this old dog last 5 more years,grandnite champion king coma will be a household word.

Old Post 02-08-2004 07:36 PM
kid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kid Click here to Send kid a Private Message Click Here to Email kid Find more posts by kid Add kid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Ordway
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by kid
I've just been a coonhunter for a few years.....

Kid... I think you have covered most of the bases in your short career.

Old Post 02-08-2004 07:57 PM
Bruce Ordway is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Ordway Click here to Send Bruce Ordway a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Ordway Visit Bruce Ordway's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce Ordway Add Bruce Ordway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Brabender
UKC Forum Member

LEGENDS

MONTY GUSSE and CHUCKIE CAIN. If you don't know them by now, you had better get to know them.............LMAO.......

Old Post 02-08-2004 08:15 PM
Matt Brabender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Brabender Click here to Send Matt Brabender a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Brabender Find more posts by Matt Brabender Add Matt Brabender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetickin
UKC Forum Member

Im not a walker man

What about

Russ Beller

Old Post 02-08-2004 08:47 PM
bluetickin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetickin Click here to Send bluetickin a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetickin Find more posts by bluetickin Add bluetickin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KennelMamma
New UKC Forum Member

Old Timers

I guess I fall under the category of "old timers" now as I ran coondogs in the late 60's with my dad and the mid 80's on my own. I remember Dave Dean being one of the leaders in the Bluetick breed. Our #1 male was from the Hammer line..dating back to the early Hammer dogs. In the 80's, Dave was STILL big in the Bluetick world....and now that I have run into him again in the past year, I see he is STILL out there.

I seen some Michigan coonhunters I hadn't seen in many, many years in Bellevue last spring. Good OL' Charlie Botkins that had one of the all time great hunting dogs with his Beechwood Chips walker dog. I seen Cheryl (Schneider) St. John (English dog-Schneider's Lonesome Gold Nugget), who has contributed her time into hunting, showing and judging since we were teenagers in the late 60's. She is still very active in the UKC shows. I seen her father, Max Schneider, and cannot believe how spry he still is, setting there trading stories with another "old timer" - Don Mullen. I have memories older than a lot of people posting on this site.

These may not make the all time great hunters lists, but in my experiences with coonhunting, they were very influential in my interest and learning about coonhunting. My dad got me started at age 10, I took it from there and learned from those who took the time to teach. To all of you "old timers" out there...I'd like to thank you for "allowing" a woman to participate in your hunts back then. I can see the sport has many women in it now just by the postings. And by the way, I just might have judged a few of you back in the 80's during a Michigan nite hunt or a World Hunt.

Keep on dropping those tailgates and loving that sound!

Becky Wiseman

Old Post 02-08-2004 09:31 PM
KennelMamma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KennelMamma Click here to Send KennelMamma a Private Message Click Here to Email KennelMamma Find more posts by KennelMamma Add KennelMamma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

I haven't read all the pages so this name may have been spoke.

Del Cameron

Old Post 02-08-2004 10:35 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jody coyote
Banned

Redtick,one of those GOON'S

Old Post 02-08-2004 10:59 PM
jody coyote is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jody coyote Click here to Send jody coyote a Private Message Click Here to Email jody coyote Find more posts by jody coyote Add jody coyote to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BRIAN M.
New UKC Forum Member

Del Cameron is a legend! Great choice. He has raised and trained blueticks for a long time. If you have not read his book you need to! CALL OF THE HOUNDS. If I were to ever get into blueticks I would get my dogs from his line.

Old Post 02-09-2004 01:39 AM
BRIAN M. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BRIAN M. Click here to Send BRIAN M. a Private Message Click Here to Email BRIAN M. Find more posts by BRIAN M. Add BRIAN M. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdog101
UKC Forum Member

I may have missed it, but what about John Wick? One heck of a book.

Old Post 02-09-2004 02:55 AM
walkerdog101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog101 Click here to Send walkerdog101 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerdog101 Find more posts by walkerdog101 Add walkerdog101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Tam Young b&t Paul Sheffield tw James Merchant tw Dave Dean btic Berton Oney eng Carl Carroll eng Joe House tw Riley Laffoon b&t John Walkup plt. Eugene Walker plt.

Old Post 02-09-2004 03:03 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Morris
New UKC Forum Member

Big time hunters

Jonathon Warrington & Lisa Moore- CURS

Old Post 02-09-2004 03:18 AM
Lee Morris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Morris Find more posts by Lee Morris Add Lee Morris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brigman B&T
UKC Forum Member

Bill Schenker from KS. And Lawton Robinson from ARK.

Old Post 02-09-2004 04:18 AM
Brigman B&T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brigman B&T Click here to Send Brigman B&T a Private Message Visit Brigman B&T's homepage! Find more posts by Brigman B&T Add Brigman B&T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICEMAN
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-09-2004 10:43 PM
ICEMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICEMAN Click here to Send ICEMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email ICEMAN Find more posts by ICEMAN Add ICEMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark A. Hauck
UKC Forum Member

Well one person who was there when the English, Bluetick and Walkers split was Doc Finley of Easly SC. He was there and raised some of the first ever registered Blueticks of our time. He is still alive and doing well, Also you have James Riley who was a Bluetick legend in the South, Jimmy Meeks of North Carolina can give you more History on Walker Dogs than most, so don't count these gentleman out.

Ole Doc could give you history from 1946 and before on English/Blueticks so I'd give him a call.

GR NIte CH GR CH'PR' Dalton & Haucks BluRidge Lynn

GR Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's So Blue Queen

GR NIte Ch Rogers Blue Molly

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Daltons BluRidge Pat (Full liitermate brother to Smokey II)

Nite CH GR CH GR W CH'PR' Hauck's Carlolina Star

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Queen II (Daughter of Queen)

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Nancy Ann

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Ebony (Daughter of Ann)

Nite CH'PR' Southland's Blue River Joe (4 wins to Grand & 15 cast wins !!)

Gr Nite CH CH'PR' Blue River Little Sue (Daughter of Lynn)

Old Post 02-09-2004 10:53 PM
Mark A. Hauck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. Hauck Click here to Send Mark A. Hauck a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark A. Hauck Find more posts by Mark A. Hauck Add Mark A. Hauck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote