UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Diamond Dog Food
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chester cooner
Could they be better for an older dog or a dog thats not being hunted hard?
I would think so.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2011 04:01 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns

Sounds good Cleo, good luck. Diamond EA is part of the Natural Line.

quote:
Originally posted by Cleo
Lovis....

I am a Purina person, but just because this thread has gone on for this long, I'm gonna buy a couple bags....The Extreme feed, not the Naturals....I bought a pallet of the Natural (Chicken) and my entire kennel had the squirts for a month....I fed it to the coons last year.....

I will then make my own judgment call on how it turns out. I want the best for my dogs and like to save money as well....I have also learned tho that "I get what I pay for" as well. If it doesn't do well, I will have some coon feed for this fall, huh?

I will keep you posted.

Old Post 02-14-2011 04:27 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey
UKC Forum Member

I have a 65 pound female and she eats 3 cups a day. I feed her 3.25 cups plus table scraps when hunting her alot. She always looks good. One bag cost me $35 and last 9 weeks.
Where did you get it for $28? Is that their normal price?

Old Post 02-14-2011 04:28 PM
Casey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Click here to Send Casey a Private Message Visit Casey's homepage! Find more posts by Casey Add Casey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chester cooner
UKC Forum Member

The $28 a bag was a quote I just got over the phone from Bartlett Milling Co. here in Lynchburg, va. I will know for sure when I pick up a bag tomorrow but she certainly seemed to know what I was asking for.

Old Post 02-14-2011 06:08 PM
chester cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chester cooner Click here to Send chester cooner a Private Message Find more posts by chester cooner Add chester cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenny Peeples
UKC Forum Member

feed

I feed EA and i would never change. But i do understand having a problem with feeding diamond feeds if i lost a dog to there mistake. In that case i would feed pro plan as it ain't no bad feed but it ain't the feed EA is. I will never buy another bag of dog food with corn in it again unless of course i get me some chickens. LOL

Last edited by Kenny Peeples on 02-15-2011 at 05:26 AM

Old Post 02-15-2011 05:24 AM
Kenny Peeples is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny Peeples Click here to Send Kenny Peeples a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny Peeples Find more posts by Kenny Peeples Add Kenny Peeples to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawn Mckiney
UKC Forum Member

just bought 3 bags of ea from scruggs tonight for 25.99 a bag i called tsc and they wanted 34.00 a bag so i felt like i got a good deal

Old Post 02-15-2011 07:41 AM
Shawn Mckiney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shawn Mckiney Click here to Send Shawn Mckiney a Private Message Click Here to Email Shawn Mckiney Find more posts by Shawn Mckiney Add Shawn Mckiney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

I bin feeding Diamond athaletes faw about amonth. It fine. been feedidind Yeller bag maintenacnce to ebbery thing else and dey doo fine acoording to me but amybe not so good to de County Dawg Catcher. But , thyar County nDaewg CXatche54 serverves at at My discretion. ... You rekon he heares me tawkin? Doubt it. Keep on boy, wait till the next election. And de stimulus money beees long gone. Herevcis your one an only chance to be a big shot sot please take vantage of it!!!!!All you can and justify ( brand new Dog Catcher Trucks with Diamond Plated Dog Boxws and winches hooked on the front end. BIG SHOT LIVING HIGH OFF MY TAX A hole. I am so glad the county Judge had to put asewase and decist on yo ass from messing with me. ( your county judge can do to same for you if you get sick and tired enought of this stuff going on in your county to tell the county nounties to get the hell back and to shut the Hell Up. Ther are three parts ; The Excecutive, the Legislative( which are slow and dumb ) and the Judicial( whick are so fuc-d up yhet just might end uo on on your side. Not worth a niukel bt in m depinion, But what you got to loose? You still get three sqaures aday and youy don't end up owing taaaaaax? MUch. if you git out of being a US politcal prosoner? If I was not sich and ass ole I would not have been trainrede up to be an a--hloe acoording to my sweet Govewrnment. HOOTy Whoo.

Old Post 02-15-2011 09:18 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
I bin feeding Diamond athaletes faw about amonth. It fine. been feedidind Yeller bag maintenacnce to ebbery thing else and dey doo fine acoording to me but amybe not so good to de County Dawg Catcher. But , thyar County nDaewg CXatche54 serverves at at My discretion. ... You rekon he heares me tawkin? Doubt it. Keep on boy, wait till the next election. And de stimulus money beees long gone. Herevcis your one an only chance to be a big shot sot please take vantage of it!!!!!All you can and justify ( brand new Dog Catcher Trucks with Diamond Plated Dog Boxws and winches hooked on the front end. BIG SHOT LIVING HIGH OFF MY TAX A hole. I am so glad the county Judge had to put asewase and decist on yo ass from messing with me. ( your county judge can do to same for you if you get sick and tired enought of this stuff going on in your county to tell the county nounties to get the hell back and to shut the Hell Up. Ther are three parts ; The Excecutive, the Legislative( which are slow and dumb ) and the Judicial( whick are so fuc-d up yhet just might end uo on on your side. Not worth a niukel bt in m depinion, But what you got to loose? You still get three sqaures aday and youy don't end up owing taaaaaax? MUch. if you git out of being a US politcal prosoner? If I was not sich and ass ole I would not have been trainrede up to be an a--hloe acoording to my sweet Govewrnment. HOOTy Whoo.

WHAT? !

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 02-15-2011 12:26 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreeLuke
UKC Forum Member

quote:
WHAT? !

Strange how someone knows the three branches and can spell them but nothing else. LOL.

Old Post 02-15-2011 12:58 PM
TreeLuke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TreeLuke Click here to Send TreeLuke a Private Message Click Here to Email TreeLuke Visit TreeLuke's homepage! Find more posts by TreeLuke Add TreeLuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
WHAT? !
Word can't untangle that?

Old Post 02-15-2011 01:51 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gorila1976
UKC Forum Member

a few of you guys that are getting it for $26 and $28,id be buying it by pallet.

the only person I can think of reading Mr Lyles post up there is
THE WAATTTAA BOOOUY (WATER BOY)LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
LMAO

Old Post 02-15-2011 02:05 PM
gorila1976 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gorila1976 Click here to Send gorila1976 a Private Message Click Here to Email gorila1976 Find more posts by gorila1976 Add gorila1976 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

LMBO!

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 02-15-2011 02:06 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lovis Burns
For all you non-belivers out there. Go buy you a bag of Diamond EA. Feed it to one dog. Especially if it is a hard keeper. Follow the feeding requirements on the bag for your dog. And see what happens for your self.

I had a female here that was hard to get weight on. I tried several different dog foods. She didn't have any worms and she isn't a hyper female. So I gave Diamond EA a try. She starting gaining weight. Here stools were solid and less. I hate to see a cow like patty in my pen.

I tried it on her to see if it will work. And it did. So now I will be switching all my dogs to it.

Do your self a favor and look at the ingredients on Diamond EA and compare it to Black Gold 31/21, 24/20, Pro Plan 30/20, Ultra, High Standard, Sportmix, and all these other feeds.

Diamond EA doesn't have any Corn, Wheat, or Soy. And it is cheaper than Pro Plan with more pounds.

And if some of you are scared to try it on your dog. Go to the pound find a dog there and try it on him.

I have found your responds and thinking the way the to go, i am going to get EA Today. Thanks and Good Hunting to u an ur Hounds!

Last edited by II Chance on 02-16-2011 at 04:05 PM

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:02 PM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phantom
Banned

I was thinking of giving Diamond EA a try Until I read this thread and seen how some are trying to shove it down peoples throats.Like its the best thing since sliced bread and everything else is junk.Makes me wonder if they own alot of stock in Diamond.Anyway I think I'll just try Black Gold's 25/14 Ultimate Adult which has no Corn, Wheat, or Soy.As well as it and Diamond EA having many of the same ingredients.Plus by my math $27.70 for a 50 pound bags beats $35.00 for a 40 pound bag any day of the week.

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:18 PM
Phantom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom Click here to Send Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by Phantom Add Phantom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzou
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
I was thinking of giving Diamond EA a try Until I read this thread and seen how some are trying to shove it down peoples throats.Like its the best thing since sliced bread and everything else is junk.Makes me wonder if they own alot of stock in Diamond.Anyway I think I'll just try Black Gold's 25/14 Ultimate Adult which has no Corn, Wheat, or Soy.As well as it and Diamond EA having many of the same ingredients.Plus by my math $27.70 for a 50 pound bags beats $35.00 for a 40 pound bag any day of the week.

I agree, couple guys on here need to worry about what is at the end of their leash instead of what they are feeding them. Does it really matter what dog food your feeding if your dog is "sorry"?

Last edited by Mizzou on 02-16-2011 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:39 PM
Mizzou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzou Click here to Send Mizzou a Private Message Find more posts by Mizzou Add Mizzou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mizzou
I agree, couple guys on here need to worry about what is at the end of their leash instead of what they are feeding them. Does it really matter what dog food your feeding if your dog is "sorry"?

lmao what a tool. Do you think of what you say before you say it? Or have you just grown so used to being that way that it comes natural?

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:39 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plentyofpossum
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle

I'm confused?

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:47 PM
plentyofpossum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plentyofpossum Click here to Send plentyofpossum a Private Message Find more posts by plentyofpossum Add plentyofpossum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom

I feed EA but I have found the need to supplement it anyway. The fat content is great but the protein sources need a little help if you are really, REALLY hammering a dog hard. Once you ease off, the EA is fine. I am not sure that you'll realize improved performance with only %14 fat in the BG that you have chosen though. If you can, try to find a formula with a bit higher fat content. Stressed dogs need as much protein and fat as you can get them, (nearly so). %14 as a base is pretty low to begin with, up her a bit and you should see the dogs have a little more gas than what they would on the %14. Good luck.

Old Post 02-16-2011 06:05 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzou
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
lmao what a tool. Do you think of what you say before you say it? Or have you just grown so used to being that way that it comes natural?

Sounds like this statement bothers you?? Wonder why?? What is at the end of your leash?

Last edited by Mizzou on 02-16-2011 at 06:47 PM

Old Post 02-16-2011 06:44 PM
Mizzou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzou Click here to Send Mizzou a Private Message Find more posts by Mizzou Add Mizzou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Sounds like this statement bothers you?? Wonder why??

Why do you think I feed the best that I can? Because I am concerned about the dog on the end of my leash. I DO have an interest in seeing that I provide them everything they need nutritionally to do the work that I ask them to do. I won't feed a half-azzed feed to save a few bucks and then expect them to do the impossible. I DO have an interest in seeing that they live out their lives as healthy as possible and to get as many years out of them hunting as I, and they, are physically able. I realize that it starts long before they are actually hunting age. I also realize that not only am I their owner, but also their "manager". What they do and how they do it is reflective of me, and as such, I recognize the importance of cutting no corners. Especially, when modern canine nutritionists and years of experience have shown me the way. I understand that this is not everyone's approach and I understand that feeding cheap with tight stool is all the standards that some have.......I wonder what kind of standards they have for their dogs? You can fool some all of the time.....but you can't fool all of us all of the time. So tell me, how extraordinary are your shyt fed dogs? Tell me how they can go all night and never run hot or slow down. Hide behind the computer and just talk about how good your dogs are. You have seen mine Mizzou, yet you refused to believe it. I told you then, and I'll tell you again......you'd be amazed at what your dogs could do if you stopped cutting corners.

Last edited by CSnowgren on 02-16-2011 at 07:01 PM

Old Post 02-16-2011 06:55 PM
Mizzou
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
Why do you think I feed the best that I can? Because I am concerned about the dog on the end of my leash. I DO have an interest in seeing that I provide them everything they need nutritionally to do the work that I ask them to do. I won't feed a half-azzed feed to save a few bucks and then expect them to do the impossible. I DO have an interest in seeing that they live out their lives as healthy as possible and to get as many years out of them hunting as I, and they, are physically able. I realize that it starts long before they are actually hunting age. I also realize that not only am I their owner, but also their "manager". What they do and how they do it is reflective of me, and as such, I recognize the importance of cutting no corners. Especially, when modern canine nutritionists and years of experience have shown me the way. I understand that this is not everyone's approach and I understand that feeding cheap with tight stool is all the standards that some have.......I wonder what kind of standards they have for their dogs? You can fool some all of the time.....but you can't fool all of us all of the time. So tell me, how extraordinary are your shyt fed dogs? Tell me how they can go all night and never run hot or slow down. Hide behind the computer and just talk about how good your dogs are. You have seen mine Mizzou, yet you refused to believe it. I told you then, and I'll tell you again......you'd be amazed at what your dogs could do if you stopped cutting corners.

LOL!! I have never bragged on my dogs, you have that distinction in this thread and every other thread you have been on.

Heck i am retired and sometimes get bored easily, love a good JOKE!!! If you know what I mean?

Take a breath CS, it will all be ok!!

Old Post 02-16-2011 07:39 PM
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by plentyofpossum
I'm confused?
Oh, I think he made himself perfectly clear!

"I have been feeding Diamond EA for about a month. It’s fine. Been feeding Yellow Bag maintenance to everything else and they do fine according to me but maybe not so good to the County Dog Catcher. But the County Dog Catcher serves at my discretion. You recon he hears me talking? Doubt it! Keep on boy …wait ‘til the next election! And the stimulus money is long gone! Here is your one and only chance to be a big shot so please take advantage of it! All you can justify is brand new Dog Catcher Trucks with Diamond Plated dog boxes …and winches hooked on the front end. BIG SHOT LIVING HIGH OFF MY TAX A****! I am so glad the County Judge had to put a Cease and Desist on your a** for messing with me! Your County Judge can do the same for you if you get sick and tired enough of this stuff going on in your county to tell the County Mounties to get the h*** back and to shut the h*** up! There are three parts, the Executive, the Legislative (which are slow and dumb) and the Judicial (which is so f***** up they just might end up on your side). Not worth a nickel, but in my opinion what you got to lose? You still got three squares a day and you don’t end up owing tax much if you get out of being a US Political Prisoner! If I was not such an a h*** I would not have been train-rode up to be an a h*** according to my sweet government. Hootie Hoo! "

Old Post 02-16-2011 08:00 PM
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
LOL!! I have never bragged on my dogs, you have that distinction in this thread and every other thread you have been on.

Heck i am retired and sometimes get bored easily, love a good JOKE!!! If you know what I mean?

Take a breath CS, it will all be ok!!

But your quick to call others dogs "sorry".
I haven't and wouldn't say that about someone's hounds. My point of all of this has been to help folks realize better performance through improved nutrition. Maybe your dogs need it, maybe they don't. If they don't, good for you. Remind me again why you were bumpin' your gums then?

Old Post 02-16-2011 08:25 PM
chester cooner
UKC Forum Member

Just bought my first bag of EA for $28 plus tax. We'll see how it goes.

Old Post 02-16-2011 09:23 PM
chester cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chester cooner Click here to Send chester cooner a Private Message Find more posts by chester cooner Add chester cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmlyon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi-Standard Dog Food

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
Please explain to me where this "forensics expert" got their animal nutrition degree from.

I also believe the story that every dog you owned lived to be 18.....and I have some oceanfront property here in Tennessee for $500/acre.

Does your mommy know you are on the internet this late by yourself?

If you haven't had a dog that lived to be 18 years old maybe your feeding it the wrong dog food or you don't know much about nutrition.

Whats the life span of your dogs? I would bet it is 5-10 years max.

I been breeding and raising dogs for 20 years and the youngest dog I ever put down was 16 years old. The only reason I put her down because the other dogs would knock her over and she struggled on getting up with her hips getting bad. She still hunted in her 15 year!

May be you should ask your mommy what is good for you and your dogs.

Old Post 02-17-2011 02:24 AM
tmlyon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmlyon Click here to Send tmlyon a Private Message Click Here to Email tmlyon Visit tmlyon's homepage! Find more posts by tmlyon Add tmlyon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote