UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Diamond Dog Food
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hootchandjaws
UKC Forum Member

traz 8oz is a cup I feed the same amount you do I feed 4 cups of feed per dog. You are actually feeding half cup more than I am how come you can't afford that lol. just wondering. don't worry I am on the same boat with the whole corn thing my pup can digest corn so i went natural.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2011 03:11 AM
hootchandjaws is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootchandjaws Click here to Send hootchandjaws a Private Message Click Here to Email hootchandjaws Find more posts by hootchandjaws Add hootchandjaws to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gorila1976
UKC Forum Member

I use to feed Blackgold(high performance 24%pro 20% fat)
cost was about $27.00 for 50lbs.It is a 1star dog feed.I have 3 hounds.Iwent through 1 bag about every13 days.That ='s $730.00 per year.Using the guidelines on the back of the bag(feed to weight ratio)1 dog gets 6 cups a day the other 2 get 5 cups a day.thats 16 cups a day,4 cups = a lb. of feed

Diamond EA on the other hand is a 40lb. bag.cost me around $34.00.It is a 4 star feed.I feed 3 hounds 8 cups a day all together.1 bag last me approx. 20 days.(10 lbs less feed for $7.00 more, last 7 days longer).Not wanting to drag this out,I will roughly save $120.00 a year to feed my hounds much better feed. AND IT SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 02-12-2011 03:26 AM
gorila1976 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gorila1976 Click here to Send gorila1976 a Private Message Click Here to Email gorila1976 Find more posts by gorila1976 Add gorila1976 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: reply

quote:
Originally posted by hootchandjaws
8oz is a cup

I feed my dogs 3 cups each day. My dad feeds his HUGE walker dog 4.5 cups.

I will weigh the Diamond EA feed tomorrow on some digital scales and see how much it weighs.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...
GRNITECH Hawk's Traxx Attack X Stylish Pete/ Wipeout Female

Old Post 02-12-2011 04:21 AM
Traxx Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traxx Addict Click here to Send Traxx Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Traxx Addict Add Traxx Addict to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
YOU are the one refusing to take the advise and personal testimonies of people who have fed the other feeds, then fed the Diamond EA and fed less and SAVED MONEY ion the long run. I have been doing it for over a year now and the proof is in my wallet and the difference in the health and performance of my dogs.

Weight of a cup of fed has NOTHING to do with the amount, etc.

The feeding ration to size of dog is on the bag.

How much more simple can it be made.

And FYI..I believe Purina to be Junk as well.

You are even more ignorant than I first thought!

Old Post 02-12-2011 11:57 AM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
Summertime?? When corn is sweet and high in sugars?? I guess you didnt think of that.

Let's come back in the winter time and see if they do the same thing to a dried corn on the cob,

The corn in dog feed is DRIED, No sugars are any longer present, ALL STARCH, and the protein content in it is 1/4 of what it was when it was still green.

Nice try though.

Yes, they'll pull it out of the corn crib and eat it. Maybe it's more just something to chew on, but they are definately eating it.

I previously did feed several feeds with corn in them. Had a dog with some kind of allergy a year or 2 ago. Switched to feeds with no corn or wheat or soy.

I don't care if Diamond puts Prime Rib in a bag, I'm not buying it.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 02-12-2011 12:48 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin Smith
Banned

Traxx , I enjoy reading the deeper stuff from someone that has a passion for it .... I learned along time ago that quality pays for itself ..

It's a sad fact that so many folks look at their dog food expense based on how much they pay pay for the bag in hand instead of actually feeding a certain brand for a month and really seeing how much their true dog food bill is ... hillbilly math at it's absolute worst.

We all have a budget , no shame in that .... but a responsible dogman cuts back on how many dogs they got tied to trees instead of the quality of life they give the dogs to do have ....

I have never seen anyone gripe about dog food prices or justify buying cheap feed unless they have more dogs than their budget truly allows them to keep ....

.. this is really not a dog food issue because only a fool would argue with an entire industry that has millions of dollars and millions of hours of research invested into finding out the truth ... it's a money/pride issue ... two things that are more poisonous to those who have it in them than the corn byproducts in that cheap feed.

Traxx , the only thing I have seen that I will say for corn ... is that the better brands of feed with corn gluten in it are some high powered diets .... ProPlan is rocket fuel , in my experience it has more kick when hunting a dog hard than EA ... and the bird dog guys also favor feed with it ....

.. I know it's not a staple or all that nutritous and might be hard on a dog .... but , it's benefit from time to time when hunting hard might outweigh the bad if mixed in with a good food when the extra energy is needed ...

Old Post 02-12-2011 12:50 PM
Justin Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Smith Click here to Send Justin Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Smith Add Justin Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cleo
Bad....

Old Post 02-12-2011 01:02 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedMan
UKC Forum Member

hootchandjaws a liquid measuring cup is 8 oz but a standard measuring cup for this is the same as what you measure for baking and its not 8 oz. Just for kicks and giggles yesterday I took it out and compared it to the scoop I use and they are dead on as far as accuracy and when brought inside to acually weigh it is closer to 4 oz instead of 8 meaning you are not using but about 16oz for 4 cups a day. Now with that all being said I did break down and bite the bullet yesterday and buy a bag of EA and will give it an honest try. I will finish off what sportmix I have left which isnt much but the 2 thats hunted the most made the official switch yesterday. I plan on giving it at least 3 months since it may take a month or more to actually see any results and that I feel can go with any chow. Weight wise they weigh out almost identical per cup but after doing some simple algebra which is a little more complex than 3rd grade and hillbilly math it would seem that at the very least it will be a wash and come out even and at the best would save about $8 every 2 weeks and if they look do well on it then I will have no problem admitting to Mr Traxx it is in fact a better feed for the money but I can also do this with a simple recommendation of what works for my kennel without belittling those that choose something different. I cant speak for anyone but myself but as far as all these feed post go its not the facts that I think tick folks off but the manner in which they are presented. At the end of the day no one likes to be belittled no matter whats right or wrong.

Last edited by RedMan on 02-12-2011 at 01:25 PM

Old Post 02-12-2011 01:19 PM
RedMan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedMan Click here to Send RedMan a Private Message Click Here to Email RedMan Find more posts by RedMan Add RedMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RedMan
hootchandjaws a liquid measuring cup is 8 oz but a standard measuring cup for this is the same as what you measure for baking and its not 8 oz. Just for kicks and giggles yesterday I took it out and compared it to the scoop I use and they are dead on as far as accuracy and when brought inside to acually weigh it is closer to 4 oz instead of 8 meaning you are not using but about 16oz for 4 cups a day. Now with that all being said I did break down and bite the bullet yesterday and buy a bag of EA and will give it an honest try. I will finish off what sportmix I have left which isnt much but the 2 thats hunted the most made the official switch yesterday. I plan on giving it at least 3 months since it may take a month or more to actually see any results and that I feel can go with any chow. Weight wise they weigh out almost identical per cup but after doing some simple algebra which is a little more complex than 3rd grade and hillbilly math it would seem that at the very least it will be a wash and come out even and at the best would save about $8 every 2 weeks and if they look do well on it then I will have no problem admitting to Mr Traxx it is in fact a better feed for the money but I can also do this with a simple recommendation of what works for my kennel without belittling those that choose something different. I cant speak for anyone but myself but as far as all these feed post go its not the facts that I think tick folks off but the manner in which they are presented. At the end of the day no one likes to be belittled no matter whats right or wrong.
Now this sounds like the right way to go about it to me.

Old Post 02-12-2011 01:31 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

I see all this talk about Diamond EA. I see Diamond Naturals Lamb and rice and Chicken and rice have no corn or soy either looks much like EA but with a little less protein and fat content. Pretty much the same maybe a couple of dollars less. Looks just as good to me, but does anybody feed this? I feed my dogs mostly meat during winter but do feed (mostly) dog food summer. Any opinions on difference between EA and naturals? If you think one is superior then the other why?

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-12-2011 05:52 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin Smith
Banned

The EA makes smaller , dark and firm stools for my dogs ... the other NAturals still give them lighter and looser stool ... so there is something different enough for me to stick with the EA .

Old Post 02-12-2011 06:48 PM
Justin Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Smith Click here to Send Justin Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Smith Add Justin Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Poison
UKC Forum Member

I feed the EA to the young dogs i hunt alot and feed the regular Naturals chicken for my older less hunted dogs,and the Naturals lamb formula for the pups,all have good results so far,it's good feed for the price.

Old Post 02-12-2011 06:55 PM
Poison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Poison Click here to Send Poison a Private Message Find more posts by Poison Add Poison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the replys.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-12-2011 07:00 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

Diamond IS NO BETTER THEN OL ROY. ITS WENT WAY DOWN HILL OVER THE YEARS!

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 02-12-2011 07:48 PM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootchandjaws
UKC Forum Member

re

Diamond EA is a 4 star dog old roy is one star how is that even close its a 32/25

Old Post 02-12-2011 08:11 PM
hootchandjaws is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootchandjaws Click here to Send hootchandjaws a Private Message Click Here to Email hootchandjaws Find more posts by hootchandjaws Add hootchandjaws to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Diamond IS NO BETTER THEN OL ROY. ITS WENT WAY DOWN HILL OVER THE YEARS!

B S

We are talking about Diamond Extreme Athlete.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-13-2011 12:02 AM
Traxx Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traxx Addict Click here to Send Traxx Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Traxx Addict Add Traxx Addict to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedogman
You are even more ignorant than I first thought!

You must be a Democrat. You seem to follow their S.I.N. tactics for debating.

You,

Shift the topic

IIGNORE the Facts

Namecall

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-13-2011 12:05 AM
hootchandjaws
UKC Forum Member

manic what would do you like to feed your hounds just curious. and what would the price per bag be. If there something better for the price i would like to know.

Old Post 02-13-2011 01:38 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

After reading all the posts on this thread how many people agree that we should feed our dogs? Maybe have a poll 1. FEED 2. NOT FEED.
By the way for you that aren't sure, THIS IS A JOKE!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-13-2011 03:24 AM
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by The Seeker
After reading all the posts on this thread how many people agree that we should feed our dogs? Maybe have a poll 1. FEED 2. NOT FEED.
By the way for you that aren't sure, THIS IS A JOKE!

I had one almost trained not to eat.............then he died.

Old Post 02-13-2011 06:26 AM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ahinsch
I had one almost trained not to eat.............then he died.

Any idea what killed him?

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-13-2011 08:29 PM
deepsouthkenels
New UKC Forum Member

you people that think because diamond had a recall its bad feed i bet if u look hard at wat ur feeding it has been recaled at least once in the last ten years

Old Post 02-14-2011 06:36 AM
deepsouthkenels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deepsouthkenels Click here to Send deepsouthkenels a Private Message Click Here to Email deepsouthkenels Find more posts by deepsouthkenels Add deepsouthkenels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns

For all you non-belivers out there. Go buy you a bag of Diamond EA. Feed it to one dog. Especially if it is a hard keeper. Follow the feeding requirements on the bag for your dog. And see what happens for your self.

I had a female here that was hard to get weight on. I tried several different dog foods. She didn't have any worms and she isn't a hyper female. So I gave Diamond EA a try. She starting gaining weight. Here stools were solid and less. I hate to see a cow like patty in my pen.

I tried it on her to see if it will work. And it did. So now I will be switching all my dogs to it.

Do your self a favor and look at the ingredients on Diamond EA and compare it to Black Gold 31/21, 24/20, Pro Plan 30/20, Ultra, High Standard, Sportmix, and all these other feeds.

Diamond EA doesn't have any Corn, Wheat, or Soy. And it is cheaper than Pro Plan with more pounds.

And if some of you are scared to try it on your dog. Go to the pound find a dog there and try it on him.

Last edited by on 02-14-2011 at 12:30 PM

Old Post 02-14-2011 12:27 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Lovis....

I am a Purina person, but just because this thread has gone on for this long, I'm gonna buy a couple bags....The Extreme feed, not the Naturals....I bought a pallet of the Natural (Chicken) and my entire kennel had the squirts for a month....I fed it to the coons last year.....

I will then make my own judgment call on how it turns out. I want the best for my dogs and like to save money as well....I have also learned tho that "I get what I pay for" as well. If it doesn't do well, I will have some coon feed for this fall, huh?

I will keep you posted.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 02-14-2011 02:11 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chester cooner
UKC Forum Member

Found the EA for $28 a bag. I am paying $20 for the CMF I am feeding now so am going to give it a try. I would appreciate some comments to the question an earlier poster asked to compare the EA and the other Naturals from diamond. I know they have less protien and fat but all seem to be corn and wheat free. Could they be better for an older dog or a dog thats not being hunted hard?

Old Post 02-14-2011 03:12 PM
chester cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chester cooner Click here to Send chester cooner a Private Message Find more posts by chester cooner Add chester cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote