UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Poll: Rule Proposals Voting
Should the way we vote on rule proposals be updated
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes,create a poll page so all members can vote 42 61.76%
No, it's okay the way it is 26 38.24%
Total: 68 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
You need to think before you speak. Its hard to find hunting ground now without trespassing, but I am sure there are many who care less about that. It will be interesting to see what actually makes it into the rule book.
some of it will, some won't, even some that has been voted on as passed.

Ill explain it again.

Deep n alone is taken out of the equation with a "NO leash lock"

If your close hunting dog trees 2 coons behind deep n alone you win, right?

Well now there's a much better chance for you to win.

If it took your dog longer than 3 minutes on track before to get to a tree behind another dog, do you really think it ran the same track or did it cover from a distance away?

Have any of you that are set against the new rules hunted any registry besides UKC? Have you ever hunted CHKC or PKC? Why do you think the other registries have so many younger hunters hunting over there?

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:05 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

No matter kind of dog you are training or what you are training it to do, there is going to be some correction.

You think a Labrador retriever is steady to shot and force fetched at birth? You think heelers and stock dogs know the down command out of the womb? Setters naturally whoa when you tell them?

This is the most ignorant thing I've heard yet as to why these rules are not a positive thing, and trust me, that is not a small accomplishment, because there have been some dandies.

You think the rules are a negative because people might actually start training their dogs................wow.

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:06 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
No matter kind of dog you are training or what you are training it to do, there is going to be some correction.

You think a Labrador retriever is steady to shot and force fetched at birth? You think heelers and stock dogs know the down command out of the womb? Setters naturally whoa when you tell them?

This is the most ignorant thing I've heard yet as to why these rules are not a positive thing, and trust me, that is not a small accomplishment, because there have been some dandies.

You think the rules are a negative because people might actually start training their dogs................wow.

At least I'm not alone

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:08 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Back to the way the breed associations worked--I didn't see any where of who represented any breed, now I may have missed something, but still have no ideal who represented any breed, how are paid up breed members going to express their ideals unless they know. not all can attend their annual breed hunts or Autumn Oaks. further more many that are in out lying states have fewer breed association members because they can't attend regularly their breed annual hunts. for example the local club I am a member of has 45--to 50 members that maybe 3 or 4 are members of their preferred breed association. now I'm sure those numbers would change if our location was closer to some of the annual breed day hunts. I really think it might be time for a change or to at least publics who are on the rules committee so all voices have a chance to be heard.

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:09 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Mr Johnson I have said once before if strick points were taken away a dog could back all it wants, fine with me. Yes I will say again, the points are undeserving. A dog that struck in for a hundred an ends up backing a dog with 4 minutes gone on clock an gets 75 is gaining undeserving points. Might I add , yes that dog needs a switch on his behind an ran out of there. That’s not competition hunting. Matter of fact I want tolerant it pleasure hunting.

Old Post 09-20-2019 10:47 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Absurd have you ever done any work that the department of environmental resource come in on? Tell them it's absurd and see if they care. There no different than the absurd idiots that wouldn't care for that style training that this rule will bring on. If your going to compete your going to train them to do whatever it takes to be competitive or stay home. The last thing we need is to let our rules give our sport a black eye.
All I'm saying is we should be careful the rules we choose don't have a negative effect on the sport over the long run.

Old Post 09-21-2019 03:53 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Your post regarding the rules and MOH comments has to be the best post you have ever made on this forum. Every word was the truth and spot on, proud of you for telling it like you see it, most of us see it that way as well. Your new clubs should do very well under your leadership, change is the only way we will get the younger guys and keep our hunts going. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:05 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
Absurd have you ever done any work that the department of environmental resource come in on? Tell them it's absurd and see if they care. There no different than the absurd idiots that wouldn't care for that style training that this rule will bring on. If your going to compete your going to train them to do whatever it takes to be competitive or stay home. The last thing we need is to let our rules give our sport a black eye.
All I'm saying is we should be careful the rules we choose don't have a negative effect on the sport over the long run.

Yes. Absurd.

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:12 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dog abuse

I can't tolerate anyone abusing their animals, saying that I will give my 2 cents on today's training methods vs the old days training styles. Before the dollar I witnessed more dog abuse by hunters kicking, stomping and besting their digs for doing something wrong. I have refused to hunt with some because of the way they treated their dogs. The ecollars have been a blessing for dog training, it is a humane way to train and does not harm the dog. Anyone that thinks the ecollars is abusing probably does not need hunting dogs. The ecollars are effective and does not cause permanent harm to any dog, it works quickly and effectively. Can you ruin a dog using the e collar too much? Yes, you can, but a dog that does anything it pleases is worthless to a hunter. Most dogs with a brain don't need much correction and the e collar is way better than the old stomp and beat routine, that was abuse. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:22 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:

The number of idiots that don't have enough brains to train a without abuseing isn't going to change because of any rule. Teach a puppy NO in no uncertain terms, which is so simple and a even an e collar isn't needed most of the time.

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:42 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Excellent post Dave Richards

Sleep head the rules do set the standards for the way many people train there dogs even plenty of pleasure hunters train there dogs to fit the rules weather they enter a hunt or not.

Yes I agree absurd

Old Post 09-21-2019 01:51 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Excellent post Dave Richards

Sleep head the rules do set the standards for the way many people train there dogs even plenty of pleasure hunters train there dogs to fit the rules weather they enter a hunt or not.

Yes I agree absurd

Well y’all dont realize that many top dog men know that it’s easyier to breed the traits you want than to train it. A Man made dog that does not naturally have those traits will cost you hunts by making mistakes. You get a natural coon treeing machine that makes few mistakes and is indifferent you will win hunts I don’t care what rules you hunt under that dog don’t know what the rules are.

Tar

Old Post 09-21-2019 02:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davery
UKC Forum Member

Rules

Mr Robert Johnson one of the best Master of hounds UKC has ever had . Y’all better listened to him if you want to stay in business .

Old Post 09-21-2019 02:42 PM
davery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davery Click here to Send davery a Private Message Click Here to Email davery Find more posts by davery Add davery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the compliment, but business will go on......maybe not as profitable...lol

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-23-2019 05:21 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote