UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Z Tex Python Insecticide Tags
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Z Tex Python Insecticide Tags

Has anyone ever used these on there hounds for fleas and ticks? How good are they, do they really work? What color do u use? Looking for some responses from people who use these om there hounds.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-03-2022 05:56 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Y-Tex Warrior, green, they work.

Old Post 09-03-2022 08:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Like Richard said they work, you can fold them around your collar and use a hole punch and zip tie them to it.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 09-03-2022 08:48 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgs
UKC Forum Member

You are gambling with your dogs life I just had a dog have an allergic reaction and die do to using those tags

Old Post 09-04-2022 04:12 AM
jgs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jgs Click here to Send jgs a Private Message Find more posts by jgs Add jgs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

"Cedar chips are great for dog beds as they help repel fleas, ticks, and other insects."

I found similar comment on several web-sites

Old Post 09-04-2022 04:18 AM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Re: Z Tex Python Insecticide Tags

quote:
Originally posted by Ridgerunner1988
Has anyone ever used these on there hounds for fleas and ticks? How good are they, do they really work? What color do u use? Looking for some responses from people who use these om there hounds.

PURPLE !!
Read thoroughly..........

You can hang them from collar with s hook
My preference is punching a hole in the lower half of the tag
bend it over and use the buttons enclosedin the package to attach it to itself and slide your collar through it.

I been using the Purple Python by Y-Tex for several years this summer.
In those years I have found two or three ticks .They aide in fleas but not totally.
"MANY" people use them incorrectly .They are suppose to last about 4 months but I change mine every 3 months.
(THE FOLLOWING IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM A PREVIOUS POST I MADE ON ABOUT TAGS)
Purple python by y-tex.
There is a tag made by Spectra Shield for dogs that is the exact same only costs more.
Do your home work and you will have no problems using them.
The only people that have problems are not using them properly!!!

DO not use Magnums unless cut down
Because the size is larger than the regular one and it may cause allergic reaction as too much of the active ingredient would be on the dog.
As you see they are almost double the equivalent the ones for a large dog.

Python Magnum size ...........15.2 grams
Python regular size...............9.5 grams

14- 29 lb dog size..................4 gram
30- 55 lb size........................6 gram
56 lb and over size.................8 gram

I recommend anyone wanting to use one to read the usage on the Spectra Shield web site.
They are not recommended for use on pups under 6 months of age.
Or nursing females until pups reach at least 6 weeks.

They are more readily activated by movement so hanging the tag on a collar where it swings is actually more beneficial.

They are good 3-4 months.
They are better on ticks then the other two sold for cattle.
They also help against biting flies.And helps control fleas.I would wonder if mosquitoes too but never saw any info on them.

In the first two years I had used them I found 1 tick and the tag had been on for nearly 3 months ,the tick was near the back end.
Farmers use one on each ear on cattle.

Some people tend to exaggerate their experiences .The worst I ever heard was Allergic reactions.
And if your dog should be intolerant all you need to do is remove the tag and bath them real good with soapy water.

Note: I have spoken with some guys that buy the magnums and cut them in half. They only cost about two bucks apiece so it's not really saving much. But read the size chart I posted. if you have a smaller dog I would most definitely trim them a little.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 09-04-2022 at 01:29 PM

Old Post 09-04-2022 01:02 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I trim 2 of the corners off the green ones that I use. I also take them off any female that is about to have pups.

Old Post 09-04-2022 01:51 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote