UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > 3 M'S DRIFTER.....THE new stud of the future!!
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-05-2015 04:36 PM
OLDBLOOD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLDBLOOD Click here to Send OLDBLOOD a Private Message Find more posts by OLDBLOOD Add OLDBLOOD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

back up for drifter

keep the Rock blood going...

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 03-10-2015 04:58 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

ol mr. coon treeing drifter.

Hunted with drifter friday night. Really nice dog with a pretty mouth. Good looker in person. 2 for 2 and I was wanting to make another one with him but it was a long haul for him, mike and dennis. Not bad for a haul like that from st joe to arkansas and then boonville. He did a nice job in my neck of the woods for a six yr old dog. Meant business on both drops.
Ive been hunting a 15 month old female out of Drifter and she gets better every time I hunt her byherself. Ive hunted her every night since she was dropped off last friday for 9 nights striaght. Out of these 9 nights 2 of the nights she was hunted with other dogs. These past seven nights she has treed 6 coon, 3 den and one slick. Not bad for a little female that didnt have a whole lot of confidence in her to go on her own. Last night we were 2 for 2 and one she treed on the out side of its den. Im very impressed with what I have seen out of her beings the first night I cut her she went and hid under my truck and didnt want to hunt byherself. I'll have you guys one bad little female ready by the time your plantin season Is over. Oh and forgot to mention, this female has a nice freakin mouth with a locate to go with it!
B.B.

Last edited by OLDBLOOD on 03-16-2015 at 01:51 AM

Old Post 03-15-2015 09:16 PM
OLDBLOOD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLDBLOOD Click here to Send OLDBLOOD a Private Message Find more posts by OLDBLOOD Add OLDBLOOD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

awesome...

those are the reports I have been hearing about drifter and his pups. Pretty good I would say.
You can not look at that pedigree and not know this bloodline is solid.
Plus the fact that drifter and all the dogs up his family tree were coondogs no matter who you asked. Even folks that didnt own one respected them enough to tell me that what they saw on nights they drew them in competition that they were the real deal.
I believe it is about DNA and genetics that Drifter is reproducing in his pups. That have to run and tree and do a great job of treeing coons and not trees because It is in their geneology.

I think Drifter is one of the best studs on the market. Plus the fact he doesnt have any of the current hottest come lately blood in him. Its all old school. cold nosed, good track running, early to start pups.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 03-16-2015 12:50 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

cripple

Dont think im gonna make It 10 in a row tonight. We are both pretty wore out both our feet are hurtin. Plan on mon night for another full week. She comin on nicely and I have plenty more coons to run. I will get some pics of her she is prettyas a pin.

Old Post 03-16-2015 01:59 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

good deal.

Is she off of Lorie? cant wait to see pics. Eric went with Drifter as well. He drove all the way from south carolina to St. Joe mo and said Drifter was the real deal. Dennis wasnt afraid to show him any way you wanted to see him go.
Eric is tearing up the coon population with Drifters sister as well.

Old Post 03-16-2015 02:38 AM
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Her mama

Her mama is off of Finley River Boomer and a clover female.

Old Post 03-16-2015 02:14 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

yea...that cross is going to be made

for the 3rd time real soon. Id get in on one of those when they show up on here. that cross is the real deal.
they all have giant mouths. They say Lorie the mom direct off of boomer has one of the loudest mouths ever put on a female.

Old Post 03-17-2015 01:58 AM
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Well

I dont think I will be buying dogs any time soon. Dont have to. Dennis told me to save my coons because He might have another one to train. And I much rather do it this way, some of my gas is paid for, dog food is paid for, and I get to unsnap a pretty nice dog that needs a little alone time.

Medium Hunter byherself, Loud, 2-3 Bawl located and Hard Chop mouth treedog.

Last edited by OLDBLOOD on 03-22-2015 at 04:08 PM

Old Post 03-17-2015 02:25 PM
Jason Gillespie
UKC Forum Member

I tell you what the gyp I got from Cripple Creek has a CANNON of a mouth !!! She is a track dog deluxe , moves them quick . She is just starting to get the treeing part, but man what a horn on this lil gyp !!! she will be 9 months old on the 14th of this month and she will be doing it alone in another month or so. I am very pleased with my Drifter pup.

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Old Post 03-17-2015 09:00 PM
Jason Gillespie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Gillespie Click here to Send Jason Gillespie a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Gillespie Find more posts by Jason Gillespie Add Jason Gillespie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Be hittin them hunts reeaal Soon!

btt for
DRIFTER

Old Post 03-18-2015 02:03 PM
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

'pr' Myleigh (LoriXDrifter)

Still in Training, but she is gettin it down!
16 months old. Will have more pics. Gonna start to take my camera along and get some pics.

Last edited by OLDBLOOD on 03-22-2015 at 08:04 PM

Old Post 03-22-2015 04:09 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

good looking motor scooter.....

Havent seen an ugly one out of drifter yet.

Old Post 03-23-2015 12:25 AM
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

I like the thought of a new Stud dog thats different and yet worthy . I look forward to seeing what this hound does in the future .What he reproduces . What his pups will reproduce . What he will cross on and won't . .. Anyway wishing him only the best and so glad he's in Missouri . Loving that new yet old blood for sure ..Love all that Finley River in him . Bob Bush

Last edited by dawgtired62 on 03-23-2015 at 02:47 PM

Old Post 03-23-2015 04:32 AM
dawgtired62 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgtired62 Click here to Send dawgtired62 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgtired62 Find more posts by dawgtired62 Add dawgtired62 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Gillespie
UKC Forum Member

Brian

She sure is a good looking sucker Brian. Drifters pups are very smart , I see why they made the Drifter X's Lorrie Cross 3x's .It works very well. My lil gyp is on her way to just busting loose and could care less what the others are doing. And Oh My God what a Mouth on this lil gyp.

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Old Post 03-23-2015 12:41 PM
Jason Gillespie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Gillespie Click here to Send Jason Gillespie a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Gillespie Find more posts by Jason Gillespie Add Jason Gillespie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dawgtired62
I like the thought of a new Stud dog thats different and yet worthy . I look forward to seeing what this hound does in the future .What he reproduces . What his pups will reproduce . What he will cross on and won't . .. Anyway wishing him only the best and so glad he's in Missouri . Loving that new yet old blood for sure ..Love all that Finley River in him . Bob Bush

Bob he's got alot in him and so does this little gype here.
Her mamma is off Finley River Boomer. Oh did I mention a little clover to.

Last edited by OLDBLOOD on 03-23-2015 at 07:17 PM

Old Post 03-23-2015 07:00 PM
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Re: Brian

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Gillespie
She sure is a good looking sucker Brian. Drifters pups are very smart , I see why they made the Drifter X's Lorrie Cross 3x's .It works very well. My lil gyp is on her way to just busting loose and could care less what the others are doing. And Oh My God what a Mouth on this lil gyp.

Jason I see it to.

Glad yours is putting things together.

This little female looks better on the timber. I just bust A$$ into her from the truck and dont think to grab the darn camera. I have had some pretty good trees with coon in them to get that perfect pic but seem to forget it at the truck and when I want to take one, im looking for it. Oh well. Anyone can come see her! But I will manage to get one in the next night or two. Been having good nights, and bad. But she is just 16 months old. She has the tracking and getting it treed down but I want her to kick rocks when I unsnap her, she tends to mill a little bit before take off. there are 2 trainers training her right now and that is Me and Ol SWITCH! She will hunt a good patch of timber if nothing she will get through a section.
When she is a finish broke Dog, I think she is going to be the type to trail a coon with a few here and theres' and park it with 3 locates and treee it with 110. She gonna be Nice.

Old Post 03-23-2015 07:11 PM
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Re: good looking motor scooter.....

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
Havent seen an ugly one out of drifter yet.

CRIPPLE

Thanks but not taking any credit for her looks.
When im done with her, is when I will be working on the next out of Drifter.

She is a looker though!

I set me up a youtube account, so I will be getting some footage and try to post vids that way. I want people to hear what Imma huntin!

WISH US LUCK AT OUR FIRST HUNT THIS WEEKEND!

Brian

Old Post 03-23-2015 07:17 PM
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

Good luck Brian ...cripple ive got a complete line bred Clover female nothing else in ped. . Out of tuff and a wild style female on top and a wild style and littemate to clover on bottom . Big Big hunt and Big Big mouth think she'd cross being line bred with a line bred Drifter . Thanks Bob Bush

Old Post 03-23-2015 08:29 PM
dawgtired62 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgtired62 Click here to Send dawgtired62 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgtired62 Find more posts by dawgtired62 Add dawgtired62 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

Bob

Go hunt with Drifter!
Dennis brought him down and let me tell ya, he put two up where I hunt and been hunting the same spot for 3 to 4 nights. He just treed the tough ones! all I can say! Got a big mouth and Dennis said he lost most of it. Wander what he sounded like at 2? Bob he is a nice dog. 2 drops 2 coon and he could have done it all night. Dennis is a good guy to deal with! Mike Black is another guy that you cant go wrong with, both of them are really good guys!

Brian

Old Post 03-23-2015 09:06 PM
OLDBLOOD
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dawgtired62

Forgot to tell you, if you havent seen it yet, Drifter bred a littermate to WCH HotSpot (Trixie)

Already seen the one Dennis got out of the cross.......LOOKER!

Boy are them gonna have some BIG mouths and BIG motors!

Old Post 03-23-2015 09:11 PM
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see some new different blood being bred to some top females hope it continues . Seriously thinking of breeding my Zowi female to him this summer .

Old Post 03-23-2015 09:37 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

dawg tired...you're on the right track

the female old blood has on her moms side has a double shot of clover if you look close enough. So do I think it would work..heck yea. Drifter is so far removed bloodline wise from every other line of dogs I think he will cross well on anything.

I am a huge fan of line breeding and do it myself a lot, but every once in a while you need to spread it out just a little and that is what Drifter offers to the walker breed right now.

I like the clover line from a coondog perspective. they can hold their own in the breeding pen. Drifter is as you can see from his pedigree one of the best Line bred hounds I have ever seen.
There is every kind of line bred cross you can find in his pedigree. And the kool thing is when you are line breeding, the dog you are line breeding on can not have any ability or reproduction holes in his pedigree. Poor Boys Sid and Poor boys Chainsaw were in a league of their own and anybody that hunted with either of them told me they were down right bad the bones balanced coondogs.

Balance is what we are missing today in most lines of walker hounds so it doesnt suprise me to hear about drifter being as much of a power track dog as he is a power tree dog. He is all coondog.
You cant go wrong breeding to him. I highly suggest lots of females getting bred to drifter.

Old Post 03-24-2015 04:21 AM
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

CALLED THE FELLA WITH DRIFTERS LITTERMATE BROTHER HE INFORMED ME THAT HE WAS RAN OVER LAST WEEKEND . WAS LOOKING AT BREEDING A FEMALE TO HIM ALSO . . . BAD DEAL . BOB BUSH ..... THANKS FOR THE REPLY CRIPPLE CREEK

Old Post 03-24-2015 11:30 AM
EFranks
UKC Forum Member

You know

It's funny how things play out...sometimes things happen for a reason....I've got a story..there was a little female off of Drifter that broke into a chicken pen and I think she killed every chicken in the pen...she evidently got the hell beat out of her, to the point where she was afraid of anything and everything...she was sent to south Carolina and put into the hands of a good friend of mine. He spent days and nights bringing this little girl back to earth. I have recently hunted with this girl and wow!!! She's nice...she's not scared anymore...she's wired 440 will get in the dark and have that Ricky lookin down @ ya before you can get a fresh dip in....it just goes to show you, one man's trash is another man's treasure....I hate it for the chickens but I'm sure glad that little bitch made it to sc...she gets treated like a princess and she is one happy little unit....if you treat these dogs like you supposed to, they will put out for ya....i have one too...Dennis sent me a full sister to Drifter that's 2 yrs old. I would rather have a pup off of her than any female that I have seen go.......remember the names ruby and rio...they will be making some noise in the future....Confucius /Eric Franks

Old Post 04-05-2015 04:03 AM
EFranks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EFranks Click here to Send EFranks a Private Message Click Here to Email EFranks Find more posts by EFranks Add EFranks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote