UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Xmas ornament
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Xmas ornament

Gave son a new small beagle box for xmas. Was wondering if anyone knows if someone might make something that looks like dog box as a xmas ornament to hang on tree??? If you know of something like this, please pm or call 563-879-3593. Take care, Ron.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2016 03:58 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V.R. Eakins
UKC Forum Member

ornament

do you mean Christmas ornament for a tree. Or r u one of those who wish people happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Old Post 12-08-2016 04:50 AM
V.R. Eakins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V.R. Eakins Click here to Send V.R. Eakins a Private Message Find more posts by V.R. Eakins Add V.R. Eakins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fox_91
UKC Forum Member

Sorry but you misspelled CHRISTMAS

Old Post 12-08-2016 05:50 AM
fox_91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fox_91 Click here to Send fox_91 a Private Message Click Here to Email fox_91 Find more posts by fox_91 Add fox_91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Give him a break.

Old Post 12-08-2016 12:24 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Glue, match sticks,and Popsicle sticks I made one for my boy when he was little to put in one of his toy trucks it looked pretty good after I painted it hand made stuff means more.

Old Post 12-08-2016 12:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack haughton
UKC Forum Member

Xmas ornament

Here’s a holiday surprise that only the dictionary can provide. Do you find the word “Xmas,” as an abbreviation for Christmas, offensive? Many people do.

You won’t find Xmas in church songbooks or even on many greeting cards. Xmas is popularly associated with a trend towards materialism, and sometimes the target of people who decry the emergence of general “holiday” observance instead of particular cultural and religious ritual.

But the history of the word “Xmas” is actually more respectable — and fascinating — than you might suspect. First of all, the abbreviation predates by centuries its use in gaudy advertisements. It was first used in the mid 1500s. X is the Greek letter “chi,” the initial letter in the word Χριστός. And here’s the kicker: Χριστός means “Christ.” X has been an acceptable representation of the word “Christ” for hundreds of years. This device is known as a Christogram. The mas in Xmas is the Old English word for “mass.” (The thought-provoking etymology of “mass” can be found here.) In the same vein, the dignified terms Xpian and Xtian have been used in place of the word “Christian.”

HOME OF THE BLU MARU BLUETICKS.GR CH Haughtons Genesse Maru.FCH CH Haughtons Jorja .Blu.CH.Ruby Maru.and Blu Poppyhttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/genessemaru/101010_ThanksgivingPuppies2010_1163.jpg

Old Post 12-08-2016 01:11 PM
jack haughton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack haughton Click here to Send jack haughton a Private Message Find more posts by jack haughton Add jack haughton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

Personal Creations <PersonalCreations@e.personalcreations.com>
these people may be able to help you. we by ornaments from them every year good luck .

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 12-08-2016 01:14 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Re: Xmas ornament

quote:
Originally posted by jack haughton
Here’s a holiday surprise that only the dictionary can provide. Do you find the word “Xmas,” as an abbreviation for Christmas, offensive? Many people do.

You won’t find Xmas in church songbooks or even on many greeting cards. Xmas is popularly associated with a trend towards materialism, and sometimes the target of people who decry the emergence of general “holiday” observance instead of particular cultural and religious ritual.

But the history of the word “Xmas” is actually more respectable — and fascinating — than you might suspect. First of all, the abbreviation predates by centuries its use in gaudy advertisements. It was first used in the mid 1500s. X is the Greek letter “chi,” the initial letter in the word Χριστός. And here’s the kicker: Χριστός means “Christ.” X has been an acceptable representation of the word “Christ” for hundreds of years. This device is known as a Christogram. The mas in Xmas is the Old English word for “mass.” (The thought-provoking etymology of “mass” can be found here.) In the same vein, the dignified terms Xpian and Xtian have been used in place of the word “Christian.”

All that and the man just wanted an ornament for his XMAS/Christmass tree. However I do find your explanation very informative

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 12-08-2016 09:37 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V.R. Eakins
UKC Forum Member

ornament

when you leave Christ out of CHRISTMASS you still are missing the real meaning. You can come up with all kinds of explanations if you so desire but X doesn't come close to Christ.

Old Post 12-09-2016 01:54 AM
V.R. Eakins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V.R. Eakins Click here to Send V.R. Eakins a Private Message Find more posts by V.R. Eakins Add V.R. Eakins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Every freakin year this gets beat to hell why cant we just live and let live? If somebody says happy holidays or merry Xmas does it effect you. Absolutely not.

Last edited by rob thompson on 12-09-2016 at 02:31 AM

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:28 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V.R. Eakins
UKC Forum Member

ornament

I guess you think that when you tell someone over this site to shut up , they are to just do that, well I won't shut up. I will defend how I feel until the day I die. If you don't care to read what I have to say you have that choice.

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:33 AM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Ron , i can build ya one , i think i have some white or black alum. from my race car. i have a metal brake so can do a pretty good one i think. Then you can hang it on your TREE. It's not gonna have top storage though lol

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:37 AM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Re: ornament

quote:
Originally posted by V.R. Eakins
I guess you think that when you tell someone over this site to shut up , they are to just do that, well I won't shut up. I will defend how I feel until the day I die. If you don't care to read what I have to say you have that choice.
well I edited it and can appreciate your passion but this man doesn't deserve to be ridiculed about deciding to type xmas. And defending how you feel and bashing another man are two totally different things.

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:42 AM
critter
UKC Forum Member

merry xmas

Ive known Rolin Blues since i was 10 years old.His mother was my 7thgrade teacher.Merry Xmas Ron!

Old Post 12-09-2016 05:07 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 12-09-2016 05:36 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I remember as I kid when we went to town to Christmas shop. Some stores used xmas in their window displays. I asked my mother why they spelled Christmas that way. She hushed me and told me that they were jews. Now, looking back, I think they were just doing it the easy way and to save space.

Old Post 12-09-2016 09:15 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by croatankid
I remember as I kid when we went to town to Christmas shop. Some stores used xmas in their window displays. I asked my mother why they spelled Christmas that way. She hushed me and told me that they were jews. Now, looking back, I think they were just doing it the easy way and to save space.
lol, I don't see why people get so bent out of shape about it. If some one sends me a card or wishes seasons greetings,or happy holidays, or merry Xmas I'll take it. It's just a nice gesture a friendly message. We got the rest of the year to bash our brothers or neighbors, let's leave it be and try not to cast stones.

Old Post 12-09-2016 09:49 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

WOW

Haven't checked my post all week. Didn't know a simple request could cause such an uproar!! Sorry if it offended anyone with my abbreviated word of such an important holiday. Guess i'm just getting too used to trying to 'shortcut' words in a txt (text)!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS, to all.

Since he got a new beagle dogbox to go to trials with early, his mom just hoped i could find an ornament to wrap & open at our christmas exchange & he could use on his tree in the future.

Thanks for ideas & offers. If you can put something together Mike, It would be greatly appreciated or we'll try to do the popsickle/toothpick deal. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-11-2016 04:43 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas/Xmas :)

Merry Christmas from Michigan

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 12-11-2016 05:24 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote