UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > when to start a dog on cat
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
schriver
UKC Forum Member

when to start a dog on cat

how old should a pup be to start on bobcat? i don't have a dog that runs them but i would like to start my pup on bobcat. i am clueless on how to do it. thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2010 12:48 AM
schriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schriver Click here to Send schriver a Private Message Find more posts by schriver Add schriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RunninBear(Ike)
UKC Forum Member

http://www.biggamehoundsmen.com/for...0484dca2df9d29b

That's a deep subject and you would probably be better off clicking on this link and reading what some of the bobcat guys have to say about the subject. As for starting age, the sooner the better but if you don't have veteran hounds to start that dog with you have to do the whole deal, scents lay out trails, etc. etc. I just throw a pup down a run with two old dogs and never had one of my pups fail to open and trail with the big dogs, they all just ate it up. But I haven't messed with drags or scent in alot of years, cause my pups are raised, roaded and hunted with their mother, dad, uncles and aunts, and it is only natural for them to want to join in and play the game.

Good luck,
Ike

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2010 01:07 AM
RunninBear(Ike) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RunninBear(Ike) Click here to Send RunninBear(Ike) a Private Message Click Here to Email RunninBear(Ike) Visit RunninBear(Ike)'s homepage! Find more posts by RunninBear(Ike) Add RunninBear(Ike) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote