UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog dumping
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mappes bl ticks
UKC Forum Member

Dog dumping

Lets start this off by asking why do people think its right to drop a dog off in a mans driveway.It took two days to get this dog caught once caught not a bad handle someone at one time had worked with this dog. Now its my problem to find this dog a home and money out of my pocket.So lets hear why this dog was dumped and no he wasn't lost from hunting because I heard the truck stop and go then my dogs barking up a storm.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:12 PM
mappes bl ticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mappes bl ticks Click here to Send mappes bl ticks a Private Message Click Here to Email mappes bl ticks Visit mappes bl ticks's homepage! Find more posts by mappes bl ticks Add mappes bl ticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Those are the type you would like to catch

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:15 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebird
UKC Forum Member

Was it a dog you sold? lol jk

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:43 PM
firebird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebird Click here to Send firebird a Private Message Find more posts by firebird Add firebird to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Indiana

First let me say I lived in Indiana while working for military and afterwards, I enjoyed my time there and liked the hunting. I lived in Spencer which is close to martinsville. However I had numerous dogs dumped near me and yes one was a hound (not full Blood). It took us 3 days to catch him. Not that I like having to pay for dog licenses but I believe that when people have to license their animals that makes it a little more difficult to just dump them off. Not saying that is the total answer, some people just have to concious. The county kennels where I was at was at full copacity and would not take any more animals. Those individuals that get caught dumping should be heavily fined. You will never completely stop it but there needs to be some legal action taken against those that just throw away animals because they don't want them anymore.

As far as the hound cross that was dumped, he never amounted to crap for hunting. Im 61 years old and Junior is the only pet dog I've ever had. Best behaved, house broke himself, kills woodchucks, possums, mice, snakes, death on coon, my traveling companion, and all around friend. I got lucky and so did Junior.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 12-09-2016 02:55 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mappes bl ticks
UKC Forum Member

No don't sell dogs, if their not good enough for me they don't get passed on to any one else they and I do say they go to vet to be fixed and given away or they stay at vets to be put down.Now with that being said most have made good pets the ones that are mean and cant be trusted will their the ones that stay at vets.Coastly yes now its not only dogs,chickens,cats,potbellypigs so being a responsible animal owner has its price of taking care of discarded pets .

Old Post 12-09-2016 04:08 PM
mappes bl ticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mappes bl ticks Click here to Send mappes bl ticks a Private Message Click Here to Email mappes bl ticks Visit mappes bl ticks's homepage! Find more posts by mappes bl ticks Add mappes bl ticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

animals will always be subject to abuse and neglect. it's a natural off shoot of fallen, sinful man. I live in a marine town. Most of them are young and getting regular pay checks. They want a dog, they get a dog. They're in a state of flux. If anything must be kicked to the curb, the dog is the first thing to go. They get married, they get a divorce and the dog has no home. They get reassigned, they loose the dog. The dog will always be the first thing to be sacrificed. It's too bad for the dogs but I don't want any more regulations on dog owner ship. More government is the last thing we need. We can help by absorbing the extra dogs and being careful with breeding and who we give dogs.

Old Post 12-09-2016 09:29 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote