UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Onxmap card
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Onxmap card

I think that is what it is called. Saw one in use last week at a hunt I was in. Looked good. Any one on here have any knowledge of it. I think the guy said it covered the whole US and cost $100

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-05-2016 01:34 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...hlight=Huntoynx

Old Post 12-05-2016 05:30 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Ron those cards are nice but there might be better options.
First I think the same company has an app for your phone that is like $29.99 while the cards are $99.99 or as least were when I purchased some.

Second thing is most people want Birdseye and those cards do not have that on them. I think a lot of people are confused on this.

I would go to their website and if the cards have just what you need then it is worth having.

The Garmin Huntview Cards have the same info and Birdseye also and I think that is the way most people are leaning.

Old Post 12-05-2016 01:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

The sd cards of the different states can be bought for under $100. You can get the downloadable version for you're state for $30. I've used it for several years I have 4 states use it alot in Montana and new Mexico hunting. It shows property boudrys BLM land public access.

Old Post 12-05-2016 01:24 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Bruce how much is the huntview card. Do you carry it and what all area is on it. thanks for the responce

Old Post 12-05-2016 02:05 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, I have the HuntOnyx $29.99 subscription for Indiana on my phone and it has Google Earth on it. I also have the Garmin Huntview card for my Alpha and the map on HuntOnyx is far better than the Huntview map.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-05-2016 02:20 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Jim what maps are you comparing. Hunt view has Birdseye and hunt onyx does not. So how can they be better. Everyone I talk to want all the birdseye then can get on the ALPHA. What am I missing as hunt onyx doesn't offer that for the alpha.

Old Post 12-05-2016 02:40 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

This is what HuntOnyx looks like on my phone.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-05-2016 07:54 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

ONX View

ONX app on your phone or computer does have aerial view (Google Earth) as Jim posted
ONX card/chip to put in your handheld does Not have aerial view
It is a very good topo map with property boundaries & owners names on record when map was accessed fpr download
I have found out from personal experience;
As property boundaries & owners change, your ONX & Garmin Huntview card will not have current info
David

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Old Post 12-05-2016 08:47 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mucket
UKC Forum Member

I just went to my app store an downloaded it for free on my phone thanks jim I should of done been had this along time ago!

Old Post 12-05-2016 09:16 PM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gaylan Ryals
New UKC Forum Member

The info as far as property lines and owners is coming from each county in the states. By law each county maintains a set of tax maps. The maintenance for the maps are done on a yearly basis. Basically what I'm trying to say is after 1 year some of the info on the map card will not be accurate. Splits/name changes. Most county contracts are due in April. Not sure how quick the states could update their info.

Old Post 12-06-2016 02:43 AM
Gaylan Ryals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gaylan Ryals Click here to Send Gaylan Ryals a Private Message Click Here to Email Gaylan Ryals Find more posts by Gaylan Ryals Add Gaylan Ryals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

I have the card in my Alpha, i had the app on my phone and hunt on 30,000 acre MWCD property and most has no phone service, which makes the app useless.

Old Post 12-06-2016 04:44 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Hi Will. I hunted with Cody the other night and I believe he had it on his alpha. So from what you are saying is you can put it on the alpha and it works pretty much like birds eye but for the whole country

Old Post 12-06-2016 05:08 PM
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

Ron Jackson

You will NOT !! have Birdseye or Google Earth or any satellite view on your Garmin Alpha with Hunt ONX map card
The Garmin handheld is "Birdseye Specific" thru Garmin only
The Hunt ONX map card in the Alpha is a great Topo type map with all the info such as boundarys, owners, GPS coordinates, etc.
I have one I used 3 times & removed it & put my Birdseye card back in the Alpha
I just have user download Birdseye, the state Garmin Mapview cards should have the boundary lines, etc.
But I have not used one

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Old Post 12-06-2016 05:43 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
Hi Will. I hunted with Cody the other night and I believe he had it on his alpha. So from what you are saying is you can put it on the alpha and it works pretty much like birds eye but for the whole country
Hi Ron...and no its not birdseye,just property boundaries ,landowners,and public and state ground normally lights up green on the screen. The onX phone app is how i had birdseye but with no phone service it is pretty much useless.

Old Post 12-06-2016 05:50 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys.

Old Post 12-06-2016 05:56 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

All you need too do to use the on x without cell service is download the area you want before you leave to go hunt and store in the offline cache. You can then pull up the information.

Old Post 12-06-2016 06:51 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Hey Bruce. Do you have an Ohio map card for my alpha and what does one cost?

Old Post 12-08-2016 11:53 PM