UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Is 2020 the year?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trent
UKC Forum Member

Is 2020 the year?

With all the crazy stuff going on in the world is 2020 the year a bluetick wins the world hunt?? 🤔

NtCh North Star Blue Tiki (RIP)
(Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch X North Star Blue Kitty)
1st, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and a 9th

Gr. Nt. Ch. North Star Blue Oakley (Rip)
(Oppy's Rushcreek Spit X North Star Blue Tiki)

NiteCh North Star Blue Gucci
(North Star Blue Oakley x Rolin Blue Freaky Fast)

NiteCh Barker Creek El Chapo
(Raging Water Wizard of Oz x Barker Creek Blue Polly)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2020 07:12 PM
Trent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trent Click here to Send Trent a Private Message Click Here to Email Trent Find more posts by Trent Add Trent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

No

Old Post 09-02-2020 07:22 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If they can convince the other six breeds it's too dangerous to attend because of Covid-19, they might have a chance. LOL

Old Post 09-02-2020 08:26 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm 🤔 might be better odds on the Rapture...

Old Post 09-02-2020 09:11 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
If they can convince the other six breeds it's too dangerous to attend because of Covid-19, they might have a chance. LOL

I don't own a Bluetick but I don't think they are at the bottom of totem pole?😀. JesseJ

Old Post 09-02-2020 09:18 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Blue dog winning the world

It very well could be the year a blue dog wins they have the same chance any other breed has, theres good ones and bad ones in all breeds. Alot of people are color blind though and will not give a dog a chance just because it's the wrong color. IMO the reason walkers and english win so much is because they're is more people who hunt them than the other breeds, if people hunted blue dogs or black dogs or red dogs like they hunt walkers or english then one of the other breeds would be at the top instead of walkers or english. Like I said there is good and bad in them all just have to find the good one. I'd sure like to be the one who wins the world hunt with a blue dog for the first time, they're offering alot of money for the person who does it.

Old Post 09-02-2020 10:33 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I知 sure several blueticks of this caliber are alive and will try. The one we all hear of and know about is big country! Maybe he値l catch the break he needs this year ...... or maybe it値l be one most of us don稚 have on the radar. Good luck to all that participant!

Old Post 09-02-2020 10:50 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Blue dog winning the world

quote:
Originally posted by Ridgerunner1988
It very well could be the year a blue dog wins they have the same chance any other breed has, theres good ones and bad ones in all breeds. Alot of people are color blind though and will not give a dog a chance just because it's the wrong color. IMO the reason walkers and english win so much is because they're is more people who hunt them than the other breeds, if people hunted blue dogs or black dogs or red dogs like they hunt walkers or english then one of the other breeds would be at the top instead of walkers or english. Like I said there is good and bad in them all just have to find the good one. I'd sure like to be the one who wins the world hunt with a blue dog for the first time, they're offering alot of money for the person who does it.

You do realize joysticks are the 2nd most registered breed, right? I'm a sucker for a blue dog but until I see 1 go that's better than what I'm leading that can be bought reasonably then I'm not a taker.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-03-2020 02:49 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I do realize they're the second most registered breed but you just dont see them at the hunts very often the ones you mostly see at the hunts are english or walkers, I've not seen a blue dog at a hunt around here in over a year. Most all the blue dogs I know of are pleasure hunted by men who dont run the hunts, atleast that's the way it is around here. Idk maybe they're not good enough but I hate to believe that because ive seen some really good blue dogs that have never been entered in a hunt and if they were they would have done some winning but they couldn't be bought.

Old Post 09-03-2020 06:54 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Big Country

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I知 sure several blueticks of this caliber are alive and will try. The one we all hear of and know about is big country! Maybe he値l catch the break he needs this year ...... or maybe it値l be one most of us don稚 have on the radar. Good luck to all that participant!

Don't count on Country, he won't be there. He's done.
Breeding 2-3 females a week.

Old Post 09-04-2020 06:51 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Final four at AO is 3 walkers and 1 English so this may not be their year either!

Old Post 09-06-2020 03:36 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Re: Big Country

quote:
Originally posted by GCH Viper
Don't count on Country, he won't be there. He's done.
Breeding 2-3 females a week.

Lol, well good for him! I知 sure the breed has a sleeper in it somewhere.

Old Post 09-06-2020 08:55 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

IF A BLUE DOG WINS TRENT I HOPE IT IS ON YHE END OF YOUR LEASH ,

Old Post 09-11-2020 08:35 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I guess this wasn't the year after all! It must get discouraging year after year.

Old Post 09-28-2020 11:00 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote