UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Black & Tans: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Chocolate and tan pups
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

Chocolate and tan pups

Whats the deal with chocalate and tan pups my male dog throwed a litter with one in it but i never heard of one?????

(RIP)--"NITECH Little River Fog"---(GrNtCh GrCh Little River Rex HTX) X (Little River Northern Mist) (Northern Nights Still Foggy's daughter)---co-owned with Paul Langdon
(RIP)--"Little River Kansas Dolly"--(WldNtCh GrNtCh J&R
Northern Buck II) X (GrNtCh Bauer's Kansas Stender)--co-owned with Paul Langdon
--"PR.LITTLE RIVER ELLIE"--(GrNiteCH BLACK RIVER BUDDY) X ( PR.LILLY'S CREEK BLACK BETTY)--
Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-08-2015 10:00 AM
Trent Martin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trent Martin Click here to Send Trent Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Trent Martin Add Trent Martin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Standing tall
UKC Forum Member

When u line breed tight on buck r slammer u can get that I've had one r 2 like that before and I didn't reg off Color but rest of that litter done really good

GRNITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER SLAMMER ( (NELSON CASH & Wendy )
NULLS HATCHIE RIVER ROSE (NELSON CASH & WENDY )
NULLS HATCHIE RIVER KANSAS ( Shot x Tilly )
NITECH BLACK WARRIOR UGLY MAMA
GRNITECH GRCH CROCKETT BLK WENDY
GRNITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER MANDY
GRNITECH GRCH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER ONE EYE
NITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER FLOP
DOGS OF PAST that we used 2 own some r past on n some just have new owners
GRNITECH GRCH CROCKETT BLK RINGO
NITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER BINGO
GRNITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER HOSS
NITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER MISTY
NITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER ANN
GRNITECH CROCKETT BLK TAZ
GRNITECH GRCH NULLS SMOKIN JACKSON
GRNITECH GRCH NULLS DULIN DAN
NITECH NULLS BLK BELL
NITECH NULLS BLK MOLLY
NITECH NULLS PRETTY GIRL
NITECH NULLS PEACHES
HUNTS TENN JR
GRNITECH HI’5 BLK PREACHER
CH NULLS SMOKIN FLY
GRNITECH NULLS & UMPHERS BLK GERTIE
NITECH NULLS & UMPHERS RAGAN SLICK
NITECH NULLS HATCHIE RIVER FLY ( John Wyane n stormy)

Old Post 03-08-2015 12:44 PM
Standing tall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Standing tall Click here to Send Standing tall a Private Message Find more posts by Standing tall Add Standing tall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

Do u remember how the off colored ones did?

(RIP)--"NITECH Little River Fog"---(GrNtCh GrCh Little River Rex HTX) X (Little River Northern Mist) (Northern Nights Still Foggy's daughter)---co-owned with Paul Langdon
--"PR.LITTLE RIVER ELLIE"--(GrNiteCH BLACK RIVER BUDDY) X ( PR.LILLY'S CREEK BLACK BETTY)--
Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Old Post 03-08-2015 01:13 PM
Trent Martin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trent Martin Click here to Send Trent Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Trent Martin Add Trent Martin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHERRY VALLEY
UKC Forum Member

chocolate pups

This tends to happen in black and tans, doberman and rottweiler. I've had several pups born like that. There is a guy that raises chocolate and tan pups. It's just that the recessive gene came out

GR CH GRNTCH GREEN'S ROUGH RIVER KY FANCY
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE'S INDIANA BLK TRACY
NTCH GILLUM'S KY RIVER QUEEN
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE AND STOCKING STINGER
BLACKLAND BABE

Last edited by CHERRY VALLEY on 03-08-2015 at 03:35 PM

Old Post 03-08-2015 03:33 PM
CHERRY VALLEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHERRY VALLEY Click here to Send CHERRY VALLEY a Private Message Click Here to Email CHERRY VALLEY Find more posts by CHERRY VALLEY Add CHERRY VALLEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bskipworth
UKC Forum Member

They do as good as the rest of the litter.

Old Post 03-08-2015 06:59 PM
bskipworth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bskipworth Click here to Send bskipworth a Private Message Find more posts by bskipworth Add bskipworth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

I did some research on this Trent, as I have had two litters, one with 4 brown, and one with one brown.
This is actually a good indicator that both the sire and dam have the same quality genes,and that the brown show the recessive genes as previously mentioned, which when this shows the recessive genes as indication to the same dominant genes.
The sire has for example AB AA etc...
The dam has the same AB AA etc..
It is called or defined as "SIMPLE DOMINANCE''

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 03-09-2015 12:55 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for info Larry!!!!!

Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Old Post 03-09-2015 04:32 PM
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

I wanna add; IMO, depending on how you want to look at it. When this happens you get the bad traits and the good traits basically copied from past generations. So you really havnt culled or bred away from some of the same bad genes of past(you really havnt changed anything). But you get pc.s of the good too.
I always say to some extent that we are breeding in circles. And most everyone has about the same thing in their kennel. just their version of the same, but every dog is his own, just as people are.
A part of the reason UKC decided on X-breed. In reality if you want to improve the breed as defined by beating the competition.
You cant cross to another breed to be a cut above same breed by defintion.
Not in this world by God's design you couldnt do this, but a true improvement would be that you would have to breed to another animal. A cougar, a hog, a rhino etc....
Now I say again this is just my opinions, but I am not close minded by saying this, but there are still ways of improving on what we already have. Sometimes that superstar is born randomly no matter how hard you try. (Might be tied up behind someones barn) You just get lucky sometimes.
Fire aWay!
Larry

NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)

Old Post 03-09-2015 04:48 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

I completely agree and understand what u mean larry thanks

Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Old Post 03-09-2015 06:01 PM
Arkieboy
UKC Forum Member

Can we see a pick. I've never seen a chocolate b&t.

Old Post 03-09-2015 06:08 PM
Arkieboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Arkieboy Click here to Send Arkieboy a Private Message Find more posts by Arkieboy Add Arkieboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

arkie boy, Im computer challenged not sure I could post pic here,but give me your phne # and I can text you a pic.

Old Post 03-09-2015 06:48 PM
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums...zpsrorjdfiy.jpg

Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Old Post 03-09-2015 08:26 PM
Arkieboy
UKC Forum Member

I think its pretty cool.

Old Post 03-10-2015 12:03 AM
Arkieboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Arkieboy Click here to Send Arkieboy a Private Message Find more posts by Arkieboy Add Arkieboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHERRY VALLEY
UKC Forum Member

chocolate pups

Which pup is chocolate I didn't see one

GR CH GRNTCH GREEN'S ROUGH RIVER KY FANCY
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE'S INDIANA BLK TRACY
NTCH GILLUM'S KY RIVER QUEEN
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE AND STOCKING STINGER
BLACKLAND BABE

Old Post 03-10-2015 12:46 AM
CHERRY VALLEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHERRY VALLEY Click here to Send CHERRY VALLEY a Private Message Click Here to Email CHERRY VALLEY Find more posts by CHERRY VALLEY Add CHERRY VALLEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Cody

The one on the right.

Old Post 03-10-2015 12:48 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

I had a buddy who had one. The female was a litter mate to Hobie and the stud was hobo's hoss. It was one of the most awesome looking male dogs. He was built great, but he didn't live past a year old for some reason.

Old Post 03-10-2015 12:50 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

Yep on the right

Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Old Post 03-10-2015 12:51 AM
ROBERT HAYES
UKC Forum Member

Chocolate & Tans

I raised a litter a few years ago that had 3 of 9 pups were chocolate they are good looking dogs. Just as good as the others. If you google rexsblackdogkennel.com you will see 4 generations.

Last edited by ROBERT HAYES on 03-10-2015 at 02:07 PM

Old Post 03-10-2015 01:56 PM
ROBERT HAYES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ROBERT HAYES Click here to Send ROBERT HAYES a Private Message Find more posts by ROBERT HAYES Add ROBERT HAYES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

The first litter out of my LudaBell X Dozer had four that were brown(choclate). Two of the males went to a man in Benton the third a family from Magnolia. The only female in the litter was brown, and she went to an old man in either Crosset or Camden(cant remember where he's from exactly). He is a great Uncle of a friend of mine and my friend said that he had the little female treeing coon on her own at four months old.
It really set me back on my breeding program as at that time I was not able to even x-breed register these pups. And her being the only female closed the door on breeding plans, female wise on that cross.
Now I am at a point I'm on the edge of loosing what is behind Dozer if I dont get him bred soon to a female. He is performance Sired and those that have hunted with him know he is the real deal in the woods. With a nice bawl mouth and the hustle everyone is looking for.
I'm to the point I will stud him for free if someone can bring me a female that is in the right time of her cycle and ready to breed.
Larry

Old Post 03-10-2015 02:31 PM
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by STROKIN
I had a buddy who had one. The female was a litter mate to Hobie and the stud was hobo's hoss. It was one of the most awesome looking male dogs. He was built great, but he didn't live past a year old for some reason.

What was the females' name? Must have come from the Hoss side as I have never seen or heard of a tan or red pup from the Ozark Screamin Bo line. Not saying it couldn't happen but haven't heard of it and I was heavy into Bo bred dogs at one time.

Art Hunzinker probably knows more about off-colored B&Ts then anyone I know. About 45-50yrs ago he experimented around with in-breeding blk dogs. I remember us sitting at a picnic table at a big hunt for several hrs discussing breeding. Probabaly had a couple dozen sets of 7-gen papers spread out. ..Before anyone jumps the gun he didn't register any of those pups, but some made coon dogs. He told me it takes several gen of in-breeding to get the color of brown or red...

Old Post 03-10-2015 06:57 PM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Her name was Johnson's and Stallings Black Bubba. I think it was a throw back to the rambler line. Both dogs go back to it. All the dogs I've had in recent years, except for the pups I have now, went back to Bubba and never saw any of that. The first time I ever saw a chocolate pup was also a rambler bred male dog.

Old Post 03-11-2015 12:40 AM
John D
UKC Forum Member

From what I've been able to find out, it seems to be a recessive gene meaning both parents have to have the gene to throw it in pups.

Blackland Bare was the sire of some. He was bred to a female called Brandy, out of Chenoweth's Smokey II that was a full sister to my old Ruby female and some of the pups were red & tan. The breeder did some research and he told me there were a few others sired by Bear.

Brandy was also bred to Rocky's Ragin Buck and Myers Hoss and they were all colored right.

I bought Brandy and knew of a nice male not too far from me who was known to throw some pups colored like this. Now that I think about it, he was a grandson of Hobie. So as kind of an experiment I bred Brandy to Luke. Of 5 pups, 3 were red & tan or chocolate & tan. I took some pictures and then culled them, lol.

Funny thing is my Ruby female was a full sister to Brandy but neither Ruby, nor any of her descendants threw any chocolate or reds, that I'm aware of. Doesn't mean they won't, just that they haven't...

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Last edited by John D on 03-11-2015 at 01:52 AM

Old Post 03-11-2015 01:48 AM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

John,
It's both, both parents have to have the same recessive and dominant genes.
Now process of elimination I can tell you that the LudaBell X Dozer Cross I made with the four brown pups, what dogs were the same on both sides of papers; according to Kenny Singletary on LudaBell's paper way on back is Myer's Bo & Shep. And the same on Dozer's.
There may be some more that are the same. I'd have to research farther.
Larry

Old Post 03-11-2015 01:05 PM
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

In other words because both parents have the recessive gene that develops the brown they also have dominant genes the same of other positive traits.
In coonhunters or laymens terms; there was probly a curly tailed brown cur dog thrown in the mix cause he could tree the fire outta coons back in the day!

Old Post 03-11-2015 05:12 PM
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Had a registered B/T female that was bred to a Registered English dog (not on purpose) she had 3 B/T pups 1 Redbone n 1 chocolate colored pup? Guess it was from B/T side? JesseJ

Old Post 03-11-2015 06:53 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote