UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

I finally got Sheba back in the woods tonight. It had been a couple of months since I have hunted her. between me being sick and her coming in season and all the flooding we have had. I took her out tonight although I still have a bad cough. I figure if I was going to be sick anyway I might as well injoy some of it. I don't know what thee coons are doing right now. Sheba went deep on the second turn out and finally struck in there between two sloughs. Worked it on in and treed These swamps are a muddy mess right now. I don't see how a dog trails anything.There is suppose to be a lot of rain coming in tonight and the next couple of days. It started misting rain before I got to the tree, so I didn't waist any time at the tree because I sure didn't need to get wet. I leashed Sheba and we headed to the house. I hear the rain coming down as I write this.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-04-2020 at 07:52 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2020 07:35 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pearl River

upload pics to forum direct link

After the rain we had in last 3 days, Pearl River is back up and flooding the swamps again.They talk like it will continue to rise for the next couple of days. I know this has been the wettest winter that I have ever seen in this part of the country. I know that all the animals are having a rough time as I'm sure food is in short supply. I try to keep corn out down close to the flood waters. Even so I know this wont feed all the animals. I incourage all the other hunters in these flood prone areas to help the animals out some.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-07-2020 at 06:58 AM

Old Post 03-07-2020 06:43 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Smoke continuing his winning ways, Won another hunt last night at Meadville, Ms. with 450+. He needs 1 more win to be qualified for the big money hunt.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-07-2020 at 06:29 PM

Old Post 03-07-2020 06:26 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out tonight and took Ruby along on her first outing. Ruby stayed right with Sheba and opened on track pretty good. It was a pretty good track and they moved it in about 100 yards and Sheba locked up treed. I never did hear Ruby tree, but she stayed there with Sheba until I got close and she came and met me. When she got to me she took off back to the tree. They were treed up a hugh Turkey pine. I leashed up Ruby and started shinning. You could see the tree pretty good except right in the top. Like in most of these Turkey pines there was a big l
clump of limbs that you cant see nothing in there. I'm pretty sure he was there, but I didn't see him. We called it a night, because all my other places is still under flood waters. I'm hoping by the end of next week if we don't get anymore rain. We may be able to get back in there and do a little hunting, but it will be a sloppy mess for another month or so.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-13-2020 at 07:42 AM

Old Post 03-13-2020 07:23 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a short run tonight, She treed a quick one and we came on back to the house. The river is still flowing through the swamps. I'm hoping by the weekend or at least by the 1st of next week I will be able to get back in the swamps again although I know there will still be a lot of water in there.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-17-2020 at 04:47 AM

Old Post 03-17-2020 04:41 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba11

Took Sheba to the swamps last night. She managed to tree 3. I don't see how With all the water and mud(what a mess). She trailed them up and treed up 2 large Turkey pines and 1 large oak. I had about had it when we got in from walking through all that water and mud, but I think if it don't rain I might try it again tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-20-2020 at 10:30 PM

Old Post 03-20-2020 10:23 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Nice pictures Mr. Jack

Hope all is well with you and you are staying safe.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 03-22-2020 12:42 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

a new one on me

I've set out live traps over the years from time to time to catch a coon to work young dogs with, but this is a new one on me, I've had 5 live traps set out for the past week and I've caught several possums and no coons and I guess this is what it has come down too. Yes, I turned it loose.

Hello Scott, good to hear from you My Friend, Yea, trying to stay safe, If these hounds don't give it to me maybe I'll be alright. Hope Creek and Jack are doing good. Take care.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-22-2020 at 08:17 PM

Old Post 03-22-2020 08:02 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Had Sheba out again tonight. She treed two pretty quick. One was up a leaning ok that went into some more trees. and the other one went up a small oak that went into a hugh turkey pine.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-31-2020 at 06:11 AM

Old Post 03-31-2020 06:05 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run again tonight. She got one treed pretty quick, Had a pretty good race out of it. Had my pup along and she did a good job on the track and I think she treed a little, but they were so far from me when they treed that I couldn't tell exactly what she was doing. As you can see in the picture those swamps are a muddy mess. The coon could have been in the hole. I looked up in there, but I couldn't see the end, or he could have been on the outside. this was a big tall Cyprus and I couldn't see half way up the tree for the other trees had it blocked out. turkey season is still in for the rest of this month so we made it a short night.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-04-2020 at 05:59 AM

Old Post 04-04-2020 05:47 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. It had been a while since we had been out, but I don't think she had forgotten anything. She made quick work of it and we looked at it and called it a night. We are going to try to get back on a little better schedule.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-12-2020 at 04:27 AM

Old Post 05-12-2020 04:23 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

post picture

Took Sheba out for another run tonight. She finally got one going and did a good job on it. I went up to the cattle farm first and made two drops where I usually strike coons. It had been about 4 months since I had hunted there, But they were not there tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-21-2020 at 07:06 AM

Old Post 05-21-2020 06:57 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

3 Bad Boys

upload images to forums

If they cant run away or if they have little ones, They will come get you.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-02-2020 at 12:49 AM

Old Post 06-02-2020 12:44 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Wild Hogs

Glad you catching some of those hogs Mr Kack. They sure are destructive and don’t leave anything behind for other wildlife to eat. Glad to see you still getting out and chasing those coons with Sheba II. It’s got hot and the horse flys are tough this year. Next month will be the worst for hunting coons of the year. Ticks are tough to. Pulled two off me today. Come go with me and Bobby Gates II one night. He’s been hunting with me every now and then. I enjoy some company time to time. If you need anything just holler. Take Care.

Old Post 06-02-2020 09:59 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Put Sheba back to work tonight, first drop she went in close to 500 yards and never opened. Now for you guys that like that deep hunting stuff. That's not for me anymore. When they hit 600 yards Im ready to hit the tone button and turn them around. I always said that when I quit competition hunting I would have a different type dog and I do. Sheba zig zagged her way back in and never opened. We loaded up and went on down the river. Dropped her again up an old slough. She went in about 50 yards and struck a cold working track. Worked it on in to about 200 yards and locked up treed. I made my way to her and she was treed up a hugh oak, I could only partially see one side and never could get him to look. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night. I have been working on a place to launch my boat on the river and I was pretty tired.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-18-2020 at 06:46 AM

Old Post 06-18-2020 06:25 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Old Post 06-27-2020 05:45 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Took Bell out for a run tonight. She did a good job, but it sure was hot out there tonight. We treed one and come on in.

Congratulations Roger on another win on Smoke as he continues his winning ways.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-30-2020 at 05:36 AM

Old Post 06-30-2020 05:28 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba and Ruby out tonight, They struck and treed one pretty quick. Ruby can really push a track, But is not doing a lot on the tree, But she has rally not had a chance yet. I've only had her out about 2 or 3 times and that was for only a short hunt each time. I like the way she goes hunting and the way she runs a track. She handles really well. She just needs a chance. It's sure not the greatest time of year to train a pup, as hot as it is and the leaves on. But I think we can get it done.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-09-2020 at 06:07 AM

Old Post 07-09-2020 05:54 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

To Roger and his son and Smoke and their high Scoring dog of hunt on their win at Hattisburg, Ms. Friday Night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-20-2020 at 03:20 AM

Old Post 07-20-2020 03:16 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

To John Ford and Gin on being the High Scoring Dog in the first round of the Mcgiver Benefit hunt in Hattisburg, Ms. last night

Last edited by Misty river on 07-20-2020 at 03:29 AM

Old Post 07-20-2020 03:25 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. She made quick work of 2 coons.Looked at them both and came back in. Sure was hot out there tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-22-2020 at 06:15 AM

Old Post 07-22-2020 06:11 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba down river a few miles tonight. Hadnt hunted down there in a while. She got on an old cold track and warmed it up pretty quick and come treed at about 200 yrds. It was thick in there where she was at. She was treed up a gum tree and it was loaded with vines. I made my way out to where I could see part of the top, but I didn't see anything, but all those vines. I had forgotten my squaller. I went back under the tree and shook a vine and came back out and he was looking at me with the red light, but when I went to the brighter light he would not look and I couldn't see him with the red light. We tried for a while but he just would not look at the clear light and Sheba was getting hot, so I just decided to leave him to run again. We called it a night. It was hot out there tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-28-2020 at 06:17 AM

Old Post 07-28-2020 06:03 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba to the river tonight and had a good hunt. 1st drop she went in 456 yards and got her one. The second drop she went in a little over 300 yards and got her another one. It was pretty warm tonight, but not as hot as it has been The moon was full. We called it a night after the second tree.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-04-2020 at 05:50 AM

Old Post 08-04-2020 05:44 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba up to the cattle farm tonight. first drop she made a pretty wide round and never opened. She came back in and I loaded her up and went to the other side of the farm to a pretty big slough. It has a lot of water in it most of the year. Tonight it was about knee deep. Sheba went down it a ways and just came treed. She was across the slough, so I went down it until I was about even with her. and waded the slough it was only about ankle deep here. She was treed up a huge oak with vines in it. I'm pretty sure they were muscadine vines. although I didn't see any muscadines. I shined the tree some and didn't see anything, and then walked under the tree and shook a vine and he looked at me from up toward the top. I petted Sheba up and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-07-2020 at 05:42 AM

Old Post 08-07-2020 05:27 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gin 11

Gin 11 when she was a little younger in the Pearl River swamps getting the job done.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-10-2020 at 05:44 AM

Old Post 08-10-2020 05:41 AM