UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Crow x Caroline
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Crow x Caroline

Can anybody tell me what this cross has produced and the style of dogs they are ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-27-2017 06:14 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

They may be young

I'm thinking they might be young, but time fly's. IDK. Everything I ever heard about Crow was good. Most known for going hunting, lots of drive and having a coon.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 11-01-2017 11:17 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

There is a litter 18 months old. I was thinking there was an older litter but maybe not.

Wasn't Caroline also bred to G-Man?

Old Post 11-02-2017 05:03 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Update

I heard about one this evening, 18 month old male out of Crow and Caroline. This man told me he has hunted with him several times and he is the right kind. This man knows what a coondog is.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 11-10-2017 02:05 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

That's good to hear. We've got a littermate male on its way from Iowa right now hoping he gets here first of the week.

Was Caroline bred to G Man before or after Crow does anybody know ?

Old Post 11-10-2017 05:23 AM
Justin Dycus
UKC Forum Member

She was bred to G-Man first. Both litters were raised not too far from me. I would have liked to have gotten a pup out of either litter but they sold for more than I could stand to give for a puppy.

Old Post 11-10-2017 11:07 PM
Justin Dycus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Dycus Click here to Send Justin Dycus a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Dycus Add Justin Dycus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

crow x Caroline

Well the young male has made the transition from being hauled 2000 miles, several different kennels and trucks, and is settling in nicely in his new surroundings. He runs and trees hard with a big mouth and has no behavioral problems or bad habits. Hopefully time and proper handling will take him the rest of the way. Thank you Ron Applebee for the dog being what you said he was.

Old Post 11-22-2017 07:13 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Good luck with him. If you can breed in drive, then he should have plenty.

Old Post 11-22-2017 02:12 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I'm gonna strap his passport to his collar. Couple nights I thought he was Iowa bound lol. Coons not moving good up here.

Old Post 11-27-2017 03:37 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let us know how you like all of that drive in a month or two.

Old Post 11-27-2017 01:23 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

You will not hear me complain about too much hunt in a dog. I can make one handle. I can't make one hunt.

Old Post 11-27-2017 03:00 PM
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
You will not hear me complain about too much hunt in a dog. I can make one handle. I can't make one hunt.

Now that is how I feel...lol

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 11-28-2017 12:02 AM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Last couple nights this little dog is really gettin right And in some pretty nasty conditions too.

jdgher....do you know who owns the one you were talking about ?

Old Post 11-30-2017 03:02 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Nt Ch Barnyard Rooster

Except for the fact that this dog is hotter nosed then I like for this part of the world he is a get gone not coming back almost never misses coon treein machine if you have coons to tree. He is also about 80% silent on track alone and I don't like that. No bad habits and completely trash broke.Hes been here almost two years real nice dog if you like that kind. Sounds just like his father from what I've been told.

Would like to know anything about his littermates......

Old Post 11-10-2019 08:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Let us know how you like all of that drive in a month or two.

It has been 2 years now. How do you like all of that drive?

Old Post 11-11-2019 01:12 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
It has been 2 years now. How do you like all of that drive?

I've never seen one with too much drive. There's a couple things I'd change but the motor ain't one of them.

Old Post 11-11-2019 02:11 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

One of the Pistol x Rhonda pups got hit by a car and killed last night. He was 1.5 miles from where the guy turned him loose. There is such a thing as too much drive.

Old Post 11-12-2019 03:04 PM
swordshag
UKC Forum Member

Pistol

Friend of mine over at Union SC has a Pistol male and he goes in real deep. Pick up at the tree.

Old Post 11-29-2019 02:32 AM
swordshag is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swordshag Click here to Send swordshag a Private Message Find more posts by swordshag Add swordshag to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
One of the Pistol x Rhonda pups got hit by a car and killed last night. He was 1.5 miles from where the guy turned him loose. There is such a thing as too much drive.

That sucks but part of it for sure. Again though, as Donnie mentioned, one can be taught to STOP before you ever take it hunting. I say that and I might get one hit tonight...but I hope not.

Donnie, if you ever want to test his oil in thin coon and big woods you let me know.

Old Post 11-29-2019 01:57 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Adam if your population is thinner then mine I feel for you lol. Most that come to hunt with me say if that's all they had to hunt they'd quit.

It just occurred to me that they may have been referring to my dogs not my spots lol

Old Post 11-30-2019 05:24 AM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Adam if your population is thinner then mine I feel for you lol. Most that come to hunt with me say if that's all they had to hunt they'd quit.

It just occurred to me that they may have been referring to my dogs not my spots lol

Yea, I get that comment a lot too, if they aren’t locals.

Old Post 11-30-2019 11:37 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote