UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > garmin antena
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jchapman
UKC Forum Member

garmin antena

can i use my cb whip antenna for my garmin

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2011 12:50 AM
jchapman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jchapman Click here to Send jchapman a Private Message Click Here to Email jchapman Find more posts by jchapman Add jchapman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davis21
UKC Forum Member

cb

Im not sure if ya know this but using your garnin around the cb can screw it up.

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:14 AM
davis21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davis21 Click here to Send davis21 a Private Message Find more posts by davis21 Add davis21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davis21
UKC Forum Member

whip

but if your talking about just using the whip and turnig off your radio yeah you can if its the right coax cable and end I bought a garmin magnet ant. and just got a whip

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:16 AM
davis21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davis21 Click here to Send davis21 a Private Message Find more posts by davis21 Add davis21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jchapman
UKC Forum Member

Ok thanks I don't have a cb anymore anyways do u know were I can just get a cord like radio shack or something

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:25 AM
jchapman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jchapman Click here to Send jchapman a Private Message Click Here to Email jchapman Find more posts by jchapman Add jchapman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davis21
UKC Forum Member

?

ya or hardware store home depot, buy the coax cable and end just crimp it on.

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:28 AM
jchapman
UKC Forum Member

K thanks

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:31 AM
plentyofpossum
UKC Forum Member

No, it wont work as is. However the antenna can be trimmed down to a useable length.

It doesn't make sense to me, but as the freq. number gets lower the antenna length gets longer. As the freq. gets higher the antenna becomes shorter. So in your case it can eventually work. A CB operates in the 27.000 mhz range. A garmin operates in 151.000 and 154.000 mhz. It's just too big of a gap for the antenna to work properly as is. So you need to find someone to trim it down for you, a CB shop can do this(usually found by a interstate).

My opinion, it's too much trouble when you can buy a antenna already trimmed to length pretty cheap. Good luck hope this helped.

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:33 PM
plentyofpossum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plentyofpossum Click here to Send plentyofpossum a Private Message Find more posts by plentyofpossum Add plentyofpossum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davis21
UKC Forum Member

whip

Mine works fine.

Old Post 02-14-2011 01:58 PM