UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The BEST !!!!!!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
clinewalkers
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Ron Moore

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Moore
I have hunted down your way a few times and believe me, those are some true mountains down there! Beautiful but nasty hunting terrain! We are loosing hunting territory yearly to housing development and people buying up tracks of land and logging them and posting them for deer hunting. I live up a 4 mile dead end hollow that used to afford me some great hunting on probably 2,000 acres. Now I'm down to probably 500 total acres and you'd better hope you don't get on some posted land. Seems every tree has a posted sign on it with some nasty comments. I still have some great neighbors that let me hunt but it will never be like before.

I know exactly what ya mean. It’s getting like that everywhere. I used to have some great hunting off rt 50 in oxford (Doddridge county) but after my grandpa passed away they quit letting me hunt and they practically watched me grow up. I still have a couple that let’s me but it’s like they’re scared to death you’re gonna hurt they’re land or something. And the deer hunters think if a dog gets on their land it’s gonna ruin their deer hunting. We have a lot bigger bucks down here than up that way and I have coon hunted the same exact place as I killed nice bucks the day after. I’ve seen deer be bedded 50 yards from my dogs blowing the top out of a tree and the deer never move but theirs some crazy people in the world I guess. Lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-21-2019 03:19 PM
clinewalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clinewalkers Click here to Send clinewalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email clinewalkers Find more posts by clinewalkers Add clinewalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Idk about the best All around state but I’ve hunted from Georgia to Michigan and probably 15 states in between. Hands down the best coon hunting you will ever turn a dog loose in is the Pecan Orchards On the Neosho River in NE Oklahoma. They are better than any hunting you will be in anywhere else in the country.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 08-22-2019 03:23 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
Idk about the best All around state but I’ve hunted from Georgia to Michigan and probably 15 states in between. Hands down the best coon hunting you will ever turn a dog loose in is the Pecan Orchards On the Neosho River in NE Oklahoma. They are better than any hunting you will be in anywhere else in the country.

They would only love it if they like the idea of hunting a golf course with pecan trees lined up in a row for thousands of acres.
Allen would be in heaven lol!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-22-2019 03:43 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
They would only love it if they like the idea of hunting a golf course with pecan trees lined up in a row for thousands of acres.
Allen would be in heaven lol!

And I’m just guessing but I’d imagine those land owners would welcome coon hunters

Old Post 08-22-2019 01:09 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Here’s a question for the guys that hunt big open timber like pecan orchards. Do the hounds seems to hunt deeper and faster if started in open timber or is it about the same as rougher terrain?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 08-23-2019 02:33 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Can't help you with that one KT... Only open timber mine get to see I mow every week...... But they fly through it back to the pen !!!! They are ready to eat when they get home from crawling through another cutover 😂

Last edited by JB Cobb on 08-24-2019 at 01:54 AM

Old Post 08-23-2019 12:18 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The place I liked best was up in IL. It was rolling farmland with creeks winding through the area. The only woods were on each side of the creek and maybe 50 to 150 yards wide. Full of coon and a joy to hunt.

Old Post 08-23-2019 12:29 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Yea Bruce not sure what area you were in but I have family in Pittsfield which is in Pike county. It’s mostly as you described and tons of coons. Farmers poison tons of coons around that area every year and I swear there’s twice as many the next year

Old Post 08-23-2019 06:30 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
Here’s a question for the guys that hunt big open timber like pecan orchards. Do the hounds seems to hunt deeper and faster if started in open timber or is it about the same as rougher terrain?

As a rule they do hunt faster in those bottoms they don't have to go deeper if they are looking for coons.
Chey

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-24-2019 12:16 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
As a rule they do hunt faster in those bottoms they don't have to go deeper if they are looking for coons.
Chey

I was thinking young hounds would hunt faster in open timber.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 08-24-2019 06:20 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
Can't help you with that one KT... Only open timber mine get to see I mow every week...... But they fly through it back to the pen !!!! They are ready to eat when they get home from crawling through another cutover 😂

You already know our hunting is about the same.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 08-24-2019 06:21 AM
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Come to southeast tn, we are over run with both coon and great hunting.

Old Post 08-25-2019 02:43 AM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Daniel I'm suprised no one has mentioned that area before now. Thanks for your input any paticuler area ?

Old Post 08-25-2019 01:58 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I live in Southeast Tn and y'all have me so excited that I couldn't wait. Weatherman says lows in the 60's so I am heading to Illinois later today.

Old Post 08-25-2019 02:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Daniel I'm suprised no one has mentioned that area before now. Thanks for your input any paticuler area ?

I was 110% absolutely kidding. Southeast TN is the worst place you'd wanna go to hunt. Hunting land is dissappearing more and more every day and coon population stinks, not to mention how sorry our wildlife agency is, especially towards coonhunters. I've hunted all over and my hometown hunting is the armpit of the coonhunting world.

Old Post 08-26-2019 03:55 AM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

After a short geography lesson I was thinking about SW Tennessee.

Old Post 08-26-2019 01:20 PM
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
After a short geography lesson I was thinking about SW Tennessee.

West Tennessee is a completely different story, way better hunting.

Old Post 08-26-2019 07:55 PM