UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Steve here are the new pics of Cotton Eye Joe
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Steve here are the new pics of Cotton Eye Joe

Steve these are the pics Robert sent me from the last couple of nights. Man he is turning into an awesome hound. They bred him to Robert's dad big blue female. We plan on going over to WV in a few weeks and hunt with him. Roberts says he is every bit of 90 lbs now and covers a tremendous amount of ground when he turns him loose. I know he did when we hunted him a year ago.

2013 Performance Sire
NITECH CH 'PR' Yadkin River Cub II
ACHA GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH CH 'PR' Roman's Hardtime Baby Boy
2012 ACHA Virginia State Champion

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-11-2010 01:20 AM
jthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jthompson Click here to Send jthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email jthompson Find more posts by jthompson Add jthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Gezz Oh Flip !! He is Unbelievable a Very Big Boy for sure, And his color has really gotten Sharp ..

One Nice looking Majestic ..

I Guess he's somewhere in this Photo

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-11-2010 at 01:42 AM

Old Post 07-11-2010 01:30 AM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Actually I think he is the one in the far back pooping. I see June Bug in the middle of the food bowl.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 07-11-2010 02:02 AM
jthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jthompson Click here to Send jthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email jthompson Find more posts by jthompson Add jthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

LOL Yep thats him back their !!!

June Bug was always in the Center of most all the Photos of that litter !!

What a Great Litter they Are !!

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-11-2010 02:41 AM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

I just love the way these hounds look!! Glad to see other people enjoy those old fashioned looking dogs. I've got a walker pup right now that's gonna be a big old boy, 27 pounds at 12 weeks!! He's got a big head, long ears and stout body. I really think my next one will be a Majestic, might have to talk to you Steve when my kid needs his first hound. Keep em coming!!!

Old Post 07-11-2010 03:49 AM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Yeah we like our Majestics. They are cold nose, gritty and cover a huge amount of ground. They have a lot of heart and stamina. We started Cotton out along with his sister and then sold them to two hard hunters that are finishing them out. We have several super females we are considering to bred Cotton with next year. I would really like to see Steve make another cross between Aggie and Hammer.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 07-11-2010 01:04 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Boy his brother sure was a Great Hound also !!
Very Fast in everything thing he did " Start to Finish" ..

Go "Boo"

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-11-2010 01:45 PM
n.cash
UKC Forum Member

PICS.

Nice look hounds love the blue dog and the Joe dog. looks like they are loud hard tree dogs with alot of drive.

Old Post 07-11-2010 02:57 PM
n.cash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for n.cash Click here to Send n.cash a Private Message Click Here to Email n.cash Find more posts by n.cash Add n.cash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

And they Can Reproduce Too !!

Boo's Boy Frosty !!

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-11-2010 03:09 PM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Frosty sure is a good looking pup out of Boo. Get some of those pics of him hunting down on the river. I can't wait to see what Cotton and Robert's dad's female produce. Robert said they should be born September 9th. Jonny asked me how many was I getting...LOL.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 07-13-2010 03:08 PM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Yes Cotton is very loud. The hunters that have the opportunity to hear him in the woods call him JAWS. He has a beautiful bawl mouth that just raises the hair on the back of your neck. Just like his sire. I really wanted a male pup out of that litter that had the same mouth and Cotton definitely got it.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 07-19-2010 08:32 PM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Exciting news. Daisy is definitely getting bigger. Robert posted these pics tonight. Those little Cotton Eye Joe's are do September 9th.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-14-2010 04:56 AM
MDBLOODTRACKER
UKC Forum Member

lookin real good Cindy........Please keep us posted

cell# 443-415-8932

K9-LE-SAR MANHUNTERS

Millers Ally Girl
Millers Red Rosy
Millers Sweet Bean

Millers Majestics
www.millersmajestics.com

FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mille...9288378?sk=wall

Old Post 08-14-2010 12:19 PM
MDBLOODTRACKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MDBLOODTRACKER Click here to Send MDBLOODTRACKER a Private Message Click Here to Email MDBLOODTRACKER Visit MDBLOODTRACKER's homepage! Find more posts by MDBLOODTRACKER Add MDBLOODTRACKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Hey now She's a Nice looking Hound !!!

Robert called yesterday afternoon and all I could hear was JackieBlue and Balee Going to town on a Coon !!

Yep I was thinking I sure could use a Blue Female from that cross !!!

I think Maggie is Done in the Breeding Program !! Very Sad about that .. This is her 2nd Short Cycle, And I'am thinking She may have a cist or something wrong with her overies..

Her Cycle in Feb. when I breed Hammer to her only lasted about 12 days And She Didn't Take .. This Cycle was about a Week, She should be Red hot right now but the Males Say She Done even tho She's still Flaging .. ??

I was Planing at least 1 or 2 more Litters from her .. Big Blow to the Breeding Program and really puts me Short on Females ..

Aggie is so Spoiled !!!!!!!!! She has found her Place on the Couch !! And Glues to me like my Shadow ! LOL

Got her Nails all cut back but will have too do it again in about a week.

She has'nt treed any Squirrels which is a good thing ..

I been keeping her in with the Others that are in heat so Maybe in 2 weeks she will Cycle ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 08-14-2010 at 01:59 PM

Old Post 08-14-2010 12:27 PM
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

good looking hound.. is he on a fence post in the second pic?
;-)

my fiance really likes these hounds.. where as most guys seem to go more streamline.. these still look real "houndy.

Old Post 08-14-2010 01:29 PM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Thanks !! They Are Houndy !!

Also If you Build these large Hounds Proportionate, Athletic and Maintain Correct Conformation they will Stay out in front because of their longer Strides .. And Incress their Scenting Ability So they can Run Heads Up .. They Can be very Fast !!

Very Sim. to those Photos of the Swim Race Above .. (Also that was that Hounds very first swim race ever.. And the very first Day he ever saw a live Coon .. 8-1/2 months old)

He was about a 1/4 length coming out of the Box .. then gained a full length about mid swim and lost a 1/2 length at the rope.. But between the rope and the Tree he already had a 1-1/2 length Lead ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 08-14-2010 at 01:52 PM

Old Post 08-14-2010 01:45 PM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Daisy is a good looking dog. She holds her own in the woods so she and Cotton should have some nice pups.

I have to laugh at Aggie following you around. Spoiled girl.

Just talked to Jess and apparently John out of our English litter was on a rough bear last night. He stayed with him. One of the other dogs got eaten up pretty bad.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-14-2010 03:11 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

It never fails for me !! I was going to Run some bear this weekend and Like Every Opening Weekend of Bear Season !! I've got a Project Due Monday Morning !! I did run some from 4:45 this morn till 6:40 on coon ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 08-14-2010 03:23 PM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Hey Steve, Here is a picture of Crystal and Ann the other night. We treed two coons on Joe's creek. She is so loud. She is out of Bonnie, Blaster's sister from Merchant Tree Blaster. I can't wait to hunt her and Magnum together. She just turned a year old at the end of July.

Crystal's sire, Hitch. He is out of XJr and Nathan owns him. I love hunting this dog.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-15-2010 02:12 AM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

I Tell ya Cindy that Crystal sure reminds me of Queen !! I bet cha your going to Get Some real nice Pups out of her and Magnum !! I see a bunch of little KONG's coming out !! LOL

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 08-15-2010 02:41 AM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Robert posted this pic of Cotton on his facebook from last night. They treed four coons.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-16-2010 01:52 AM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Hey Steve, Robert just called. Daisy is ready to pop. Should be any day now. I can't wait to see these puppies. He and I both are pacing.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 09-09-2010 04:34 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Boy I really want a Blue Female out of that litter !!

Tell Robert to Take lots of Pixs !!

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 09-09-2010 04:46 PM
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

I know Jonny is going down to hunt with him next month when he goes to camp on the Greenbrier. So I am sure he will bring home my Cotton Jr. at the time.....LOL.

2013 Performance Sire

Old Post 09-09-2010 05:54 PM
MDBLOODTRACKER
UKC Forum Member

Dang.....sounds like a great "list" to be on......except I'd be looking at a divorce LOL !!!!

cell# 443-415-8932

K9-LE-SAR MANHUNTERS

Millers Ally Girl
Millers Red Rosy
Millers Sweet Bean

Millers Majestics
www.millersmajestics.com

FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mille...9288378?sk=wall

Old Post 09-09-2010 05:55 PM
MDBLOODTRACKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MDBLOODTRACKER Click here to Send MDBLOODTRACKER a Private Message Click Here to Email MDBLOODTRACKER Visit MDBLOODTRACKER's homepage! Find more posts by MDBLOODTRACKER Add MDBLOODTRACKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote