UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SMOKIN' GUNS
UKC Forum Member

Pretty nice cross, I know about a few of the dogs on the bottom.

'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Buck
'PR' Smokin' Guns Boomin Blue Bingo
'PR' Smokin' Guns Lonesome Wrangler
'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Cowboy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2013 04:25 AM
SMOKIN' GUNS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKIN' GUNS Click here to Send SMOKIN' GUNS a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKIN' GUNS Visit SMOKIN' GUNS's homepage! Find more posts by SMOKIN' GUNS Add SMOKIN' GUNS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SMOKIN' GUNS
Pretty nice cross, I know about a few of the dogs on the bottom.

I figured you might when I saw the pedigree. What can you tell me about some of them? Thanks.

Old Post 05-10-2013 04:29 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

RIP Ohio Valley Blue Ringo HTX 4/12/99 - 5/11/13

My good friend, Mike Elberfeld, had to have Ring put to sleep last Saturday. Me and Mike took him on his final hunt about a month ago on his 14th birthday and he still made a den tree and treed a coon for us even though his health was failing. Ring left Mike with many memories and some nice young dogs to continue on with. He will be missed.

Old Post 05-13-2013 05:40 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear that John, they sure get old fast.

Old Post 05-13-2013 05:51 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMOKIN' GUNS
UKC Forum Member

Re: BawlinBlues

------------Gr Nt Ch Northern Blue Jet V
---------Ch Nt Ch Sanderfords Stone Cold Banker
------------Northern Blue Crystal
------Nt Ch Nagrom's Blue Jed
------------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog The Coon Popper
---------Smokin Guns Ugly Blue Sky
------------Nt Ch Ferrells Smokey River Fly's Fly
---Foggy Botoms Blue Granny
------------Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
------Nt Ch Ch Nagrom's Miss Kitty
------------Nt Ch Darby's Tree Thumpin Lead
---------Nt Ch Gr Ch Flatwood Blue Sissy
------------Flatwood Blue Gal [/B][/QUOTE]

Joe Sanderford owned Banker, Banker was a litermate to Northern Blue Levi, Joe also owned Coon Popper, He was out of Jet V, Damon Ferrell owned Fly. She was a littermate to Vining's Runnin Bullet, Nagrom's Blue Jed was owned by Keith Morgan, Jed out hunted his mouth but was a Nice hound. Keith bought Kitty down south to breed to Jed, it was a nice cross, one of them was sold out west for $6500, Kitty is still alive, Keiths brother owns her now Tom Morgan, she is 10 years now.

'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Buck
'PR' Smokin' Guns Boomin Blue Bingo
'PR' Smokin' Guns Lonesome Wrangler
'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Cowboy

Old Post 05-13-2013 10:51 PM
SMOKIN' GUNS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKIN' GUNS Click here to Send SMOKIN' GUNS a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKIN' GUNS Visit SMOKIN' GUNS's homepage! Find more posts by SMOKIN' GUNS Add SMOKIN' GUNS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Bill, they sure do. Ole Ring wasn't flashy but he could sure tree the coon. He'd make it look so easy sometimes that you would think he just treed easy coon. lol.

Old Post 05-14-2013 11:17 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: BawlinBlues

Joe Sanderford owned Banker, Banker was a litermate to Northern Blue Levi, Joe also owned Coon Popper, He was out of Jet V, Damon Ferrell owned Fly. She was a littermate to Vining's Runnin Bullet, Nagrom's Blue Jed was owned by Keith Morgan, Jed out hunted his mouth but was a Nice hound. Keith bought Kitty down south to breed to Jed, it was a nice cross, one of them was sold out west for $6500, Kitty is still alive, Keiths brother owns her now Tom Morgan, she is 10 years now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Shane, I talked to Keith Morgan and he told me about some of the dogs that came from this cross and it sure sounds good. He said that Jed might have barked himself out before he got him because he said Jed put real good mouths on his pups. I found out that the Gal female was out of Jake, a brother to Smokey River Chief's Blue Dancer, and Oscar Hefley's KC female. I like the way this cross looks on paper but we'll have to see if mother nature cooperates.

I know Layton is just looking to get some pups for himself and a couple of his buddies. If she has them and has enough for them then I'm going to be able to get one myself. I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited by ov_blues on 05-14-2013 at 11:26 PM

Old Post 05-14-2013 11:23 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Banker

Always wondered what happened to the Banker dog. He was at the New Lexington hunt when he was young. Gator won the hunt that year I believe. Dave

Old Post 05-15-2013 02:40 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Was that the Reunion Hunt in New Lex? I was looking at trophies at Dad's awhile back and saw a trophy that was won there. Didn't remember being there but I looked it up in the Blue Book and sure enough there was a picture of me and Babe with that trophy. I vaguely remember being there but didn't remember the hunt or placing in it. lol.

Old Post 05-15-2013 05:23 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

New Lex

Yes the hunt was here. Dave Dean stayed with me three days and we ran back and forth to my house with people picking up pups. It was a good time in the Memory book. I believe Mike Hicks was Handling Gator. Herbie Dad. There was a lot of old timers that were there that are gone now. Dave

Old Post 05-15-2013 06:12 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

OV Jimmy x Jade pups for Sale

DOB 2/5/13 Performance paid up, $200. 2 males, 5 females

Old Post 05-17-2013 10:26 PM
No Mo Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Anna

Anna found her a new BFF
Just ask my 4 yr old daughter Kaitlyn and she will tell you that Anna is her dog.

Last edited by No Mo Kennels on 05-22-2013 at 07:29 PM

Old Post 05-21-2013 11:11 PM
No Mo Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for No Mo Kennels Click here to Send No Mo Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by No Mo Kennels Add No Mo Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

James

A picture is worth a thousand words. Your daughter picked her a good one.

Old Post 05-22-2013 07:10 PM
arkiedog
UKC Forum Member

Great looking hounds Mr. Smith!

Old Post 05-22-2013 07:40 PM
arkiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkiedog Click here to Send arkiedog a Private Message Find more posts by arkiedog Add arkiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Steve, appreciate it.

Old Post 05-22-2013 09:47 PM
justin08
UKC Forum Member

no mo kennels

Thats is a great pic. I agree with John she pick a good one.

Old Post 05-23-2013 03:34 PM
justin08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justin08 Click here to Send justin08 a Private Message Click Here to Email justin08 Find more posts by justin08 Add justin08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: no mo kennels

quote:
Originally posted by justin08
Thats is a great pic. I agree with John she pick a good one.

Thought of you when I saw that picture. Knew that picture would make you feel better. I know how much you think of the ole girl. Not a doubt in my mind she'll get some TLC.

Old Post 05-25-2013 08:20 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Some pictures from recent hunts

Ace(OV Jimmy x Skeeter), Rose, and Snapper

Old Post 05-28-2013 10:03 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Sassy, Jimmy and Ace

Old Post 05-28-2013 10:04 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Tick IX & Sassy

Old Post 05-28-2013 10:06 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

OV Jimmy X Skeeter pups

Old Post 06-24-2013 07:08 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Nice Pups

John you are Spot on about the pups being good lookers. I kind of like the male. Dave

Old Post 06-24-2013 08:07 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. Good talking with you yesterday. I'll try to get up that way and take a hunt before too long. Planning on going up to Rushville and hunting with Race in the next couple weeks. I like hunting up in that country.

Old Post 06-25-2013 06:22 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Kenny Zuspan brought his and RT Stewart's PKC Ch UKC Nt Ch Briar Ridge Blue Little Angel female over for a visit to see Ohio Valley Jimmy Saturday evening. Hopefully nature will run it's course and this cross will give Kenny Angel III.

Later that evening I showed Ohio Valley Blue Sassafras (AKA Sassy) at Pomeroy's RQE and won Best Female of Show finishing Sassy into Bench Champion. It's nice to get back into some sort of competition and I was proud of her accomplishment. She's a pretty nice little female in the woods also and I need to dedicate some more of my time on her to get her finished in the hunts also.

Mine and Troy's Ann female, off of Ring and Skeeter, is starting to show with pups off of Ohio Valley Jimmy. Once she has them and looks like she isn't going to have any problems raising them, we're going to sell the pups out of Jimmy and Skeeter that are pictured in the post above. Troy has a male off of the first cross out of Jimmy and Skeeter that he isn't wanting to part with so we are going to sell those two pups pictured. Should be about a month from now.

Old Post 07-22-2013 10:06 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations to David Smith on another 2nd place win with Jewel Saturday night. That's 3 second place wins for them. I'm sure they will get their first place and finish to Nt Ch soon.

Old Post 07-29-2013 07:28 PM