UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > tick fever
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

tick fever

anybody had RMST fever. I been sick since tuesday, on doxy since friday.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2019 12:55 AM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Caught early it's no problem. Every time I get bit by a tick I keep watch and if I start feeling like I'm coming down with the flu I go to the doctor and get put on antibiotics. My blood shows that I've had both rocky mountain spotted fever and lymes.

Old Post 06-17-2019 09:04 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

now they say its not tick fever, not lyme, not anything. went to the ER Friday, all there tests were good, liver ,heart, lungs everything good. fever up to 103, no energy, rash chills, swelled joints, headache, but i aint sick.

Old Post 06-23-2019 05:58 PM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Rocky Mountain Spotted fever is hard to diagnose because they have to actually find the ricacetta (sp) in the blood and you are usually VERY SICK by the time they see them.

Praying for you. Keep us informed on how you are doing.

Old Post 06-24-2019 03:43 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Well today is good. Been bad sick for almost 3 weeks. They still don't know what it is, but 3 of the doctors think I will show positive for tick fever in the future. My wife has taken real good care of me. Today the rash is almost gone, the aches & pains gone, fever gone, feel like a new man. The infectionous desease doc said i would just pop out of it one day. I hope I have.

Old Post 07-02-2019 01:35 PM
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Good to hear! Bad part is 10 days of tetracycline at the start and you probably would have felt better after the second day.

Old Post 07-02-2019 02:31 PM
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

all those symptoms, fever, rash, everything came back. Today I feel normal again. The doc says it was tick fever, but the Doxy played a big part. She said the effects of the doxy is as bad as the tick fever. If i continue to improve, I will go back to work Thursday.

Old Post 07-10-2019 12:00 AM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Hope you continue to improve.

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:06 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Still got the tick fever or whatever it is. Have good days and bad days. Im on diabetes & blood thinner. My heart goes in afib and has a irregular heartbeat. Blood pressure way down. 103/52 yesterday. I have tested negative for everything, all the exrays & such have been good. Seen a bunch of doctors, they say my heart is good & strong along with everything else. The heart doctors think it will be 2 or 3 more months of this junk. I think its been almost 11 weeks now.

Old Post 08-18-2019 07:29 PM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Sent you a PM

Randi

Old Post 08-19-2019 03:11 AM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

They ruled out all mosquito borne illnesses? I hope you get better man.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 08-19-2019 06:17 AM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Randi, sent you a pm back. Mr. Harder, they have checked me for everything under the sun. They say I'm healthy as any teenager, can't find nothing wrong except my A1C is high. I also tested negative for tick fever but I have all the symptoms. They said 1 out of 4 tick fever test shows wrong.

Old Post 08-19-2019 02:46 PM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Randy

Just rereading some old posts. Wondering how you are doing? Have they determined what your problem is?

Randi

Old Post 09-08-2019 03:38 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

they still say its rocky mountain spotted fever butb they say i have swelling in my brain, if i even have a brain(enchiphlitis). i went to a herbal doctoer and i think she is helping me more than the md's. yesterday & today has been good. trying to get the dogs & pigs feed now , and its a chore, butn i've had about 2 shots nof shine. those 2 shots will kill the pain & make me sleep about 8 hours. i'm seeing 11 doctors & 10 of them says keep on drinking the shine, one wants me on meds.

Old Post 09-10-2019 04:34 AM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

WOW!!

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Williams
they still say its rocky mountain spotted fever butb they say i have swelling in my brain, if i even have a brain(enchiphlitis). i went to a herbal doctoer and i think she is helping me more than the md's. yesterday & today has been good. trying to get the dogs & pigs feed now , and its a chore, butn i've had about 2 shots nof shine. those 2 shots will kill the pain & make me sleep about 8 hours. i'm seeing 11 doctors & 10 of them says keep on drinking the shine, one wants me on meds.

11 doctors!! Just can not wrap my little ole pea brain around that. Sure hope you are on the road to recovery.
Best wishes and Prayers to you!!!
Randi

Old Post 09-11-2019 10:46 PM