UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > hauling dogs with UTV
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

hauling dogs with UTV

I recently bought a Honda Pioneer UTV. Its a smaller side by side with a back rack like a quad/4 wheeler. On the rack is a metal dry box which I like having but there is no place for a small dog box. Want to figure out a way to haul dogs in a box. I've seen a few racks and boxes that slide into the hitch but cant find any for sale. Was wondering if anyone has extended the rack or has other ideas? Would also like to be able to haul a deer out of the woods every once in a while. Thanks!

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2019 06:21 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

This is what I’m dealing with

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 05-30-2019 07:07 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Looks

Like the 500. It’s actually just a 4 wheeler with a cab on it. The 700 or 1000 are much more suited for hauling and dog boxes. They are wider and much more stable. I have a friend that has a 500 and coonhunts on it but has lots of trouble in hills ruts and rough places. He built a bed to go on the metal rack and put a box on it.

Old Post 05-30-2019 07:17 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

You can buy those hitch haulers at most ag supply places, Ive seen people use them with suv's with no problems.

Old Post 05-30-2019 07:31 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

just watch if getting a hitch hauler for one of those i could see getting stuck crossing creeks real easy.

Old Post 05-31-2019 11:08 AM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

UTV?

I use a Pioneer 500 for coon hunting. I like it plenty good. I have a small bed built on the back that will hold a small box easily. I built my custom box that is 40"X26" and 24" tall. Plenty of room for one dog or 2 medium sized hounds. I live in very rough terrain here in WV and like said before a lot of ditches and logs etc... so you have to be careful. The plus is it's smaller and more maneuverable in tight spots. It has plenty of power for these hills too. I do believe it would be better suited for more flat land. I could send you pics if you would PM me you ph #. Good luck.

Old Post 05-31-2019 03:03 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

buy you a full size pet taxi . ( mine is actually Green )
Ive got one on my atv and it works great .
Picked it up at a yard sale for $30
Unless you're wanting something more fancy.
thats a simple fix !!

Old Post 05-31-2019 04:34 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I run an easy loader plastic two compartment crate in my Honda Pioneer 1000. I’d asked a similar question on here previously and that was the suggestion I received from JiM.

I’m sure you could modify your rack with some 2x4 pieces and u bolts to accommodate

I have a single vari kennel on my Honda 350 mounted as the above and it works very well

Old Post 05-31-2019 07:12 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyblackdogman
UKC Forum Member

They have some single boxes at TNT feed in bardstown not to far from you that should fit on the rack

Psalms 119:89

Old Post 06-01-2019 02:11 AM
kyblackdogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyblackdogman Click here to Send kyblackdogman a Private Message Click Here to Email kyblackdogman Find more posts by kyblackdogman Add kyblackdogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote