UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > BBOA ZONE III June 28/29 Take Note
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

BBOA ZONE III June 28/29 Take Note

Our zone hunt is this weekend. Supposed to be warm & humid, but that is just what you have to expect this time of year. People know I hate heat, but I'll be there to enjoy the bluetick BS that I have missed out on the past 3 years.

To all young & old Bluetickers, I am going to bring along a BUNCH of BBOA yearbooks for everyone to look at during both days of hunt & show. Several years ago, Harvey Bader & I were zone officials together and when I took national office and he was done being zone president, he asked me to take all his old year books starting in 1979 to keep, so they could be seen at future events. This is going to be your opportunity to look at all the old ads that were of dogs that many of you- young & old hunters- have in the back of your dogs pedigrees that you have never seen pics of. Since the hunt is in Cobb, Wisc., which is a short haul for me, I will bring our Zone III 'library' along this year for to all to revue. With everyone having cell phones to take pics with these days, come out, look thru old ads & take pics to show your friends & old hunting buddys what dogs & pedigrees look like of old hounds you have talked about from the past.

Just an example of what you can enjoy seeing & history of my bluetick carrier. In 1960, when I was in high school, dad bought our 1st full blood bluetick coon hound called Speck. I'd give anything to have one just like him today. After hunting 4 generations of him till 1980, I hunted whatever I could get my hands on to compete with, that was good till 1984. I bought a registered bluetick female out of OK. that I granded out called Lady. In 1986, my daughter, Jennifer, wanted to hunt in competition hunts, so she bought a male called Trapper, a direct son of Dual Gr. Paynes Music City Chief with her 4H money that she made a Nt.Ch.. Today, when I opened up 1979 issue of bluebook, by chance or luck, there was a full page ad for guess who- Dual Gr. Paynes Music City Chief owned by Carl Payne of Nashville, Tenn. Just one example of what you might find in an old issue, take a pic with your phone to keep, but please leave books on display for others to enjoy in years to come.

I will put out this request for anyone that has old issues of bluebooks that they have stored for many years, but have no one that would want to keep them anymore. Any year prior to 1979, bring along your books to help fill in as many years as we can prior to 1979 for our Zone III 'library'. I would like to see this make its' way back into 1960s, if possible. If you have an old BBOA member/friend, that might have books they have no need or use for, check with them & let's see how much further back we can go in our bluebook history. Just a thought/request.

Will see all of you that are able to attend this weekend Friday night. If you hadn't planned to hunt or show, but just want to visit or look at old books, come on over, we'll be there till early Sunday morning, I'm sure. Take care, Ron.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2019 06:47 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Zone hunt

Less than 12 hours away. Come on guys, bring out those 'other breeds' for some friendly competition. Especially, you T Felderman. Ya can't get performance points, if ya don't enter. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-28-2019 03:12 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Ole Timers

Come over with GRNTCH's and we will have Sr. cast. Pretty sure Jerry will be there with Spirit, i'll have Annie and am hoping Ken Risley will bring one and guide us, so come join the fun.

If anyone talks to Ken, please tell him about this. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-28-2019 04:31 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Zone hunt

Ron, wish I could make it but Abel is out of competition for a little while. Good Luck to all.

Old Post 06-28-2019 04:45 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Sleeping Quarters

Got 3 beds less than 2 hrs away from hunt going to waste, if anyone needs one. Tell Battersons', in case they are coming this way. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-28-2019 04:50 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Hey Mike

CONSIDER this offer before you say you can't make it. Bought a new Dual Gr. female last weekend that is easiest dog to call you've ever heard. Otherwise, just strike her on babble on way out & tree her off Garmin, when she gets treed. She ain't 'goin no where'. Honestly though, you can call her without ever being in woods with her. MONSTER mouth, drop leash, she will walk out of woods with you and she won't go thru fence till you get across, plus you can call her in from any where, if she can hear you call.

Only take you 3 1/2 hrs to get here on $2.25 gas in Olds & I'm one handler short for her. FREE lodging, AC, color tv and internet supplied, plus free food and drinks.

Bring the girlfriend along, if ya can't find anything else for her to do, but you'd have to sleep in different beds because I don't allow any hanky panky to take place in my house. No, the extra beds are singles, so two people wouldn't fit anyway. You or Darren would fit, but Ty would have to let his feet hang over the end!!!

Tell Darren about SR. cast option, I'm sure he is getting pretty close to qualifing for it. Let me know what you decide, hunt starts at dark thirty. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-28-2019 06:13 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Risley guide? Guess you want to drive 1hr or more east to hunt then!

Old Post 06-28-2019 06:57 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

guide

I'd put miles on my truck on my dime for gas to hunt in amount of coons he has. Let him know about Sr. cast if he wanted to hunt Grands (or guide our cast). We talked about not being able to keep up with 'young bucks', when at youth hunt. I'm sure Jerry wouldn't mind, then he would be part way home after hunt anyway. You working hunt/show tonight or guiding at all? Got an extra dog needing handler, if you was available. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-28-2019 07:37 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Ken

I'm getting ready to leave, but here is chance to be on Sr. cast for GRNT's. Ck your pm. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-28-2019 09:43 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

BBOA Zone III members

Come on out today for activities and look at old Bluebooks. Awfully quiet around there last night!!! If I can stand heat & show & hunt, anyone should be able to do it for 1 more day/night.

WR race 4, Bench show 6, Membership meeting 7, Hunt 9.

4;30 when I got to bed last night & I'm going back, so everyone else should be rested to come. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-29-2019 06:51 PM
TomBasten
UKC Forum Member

who where winners?

Who where the winners King & Queen Show & King & Queen Hunt ?

Old Post 06-30-2019 02:50 PM
TomBasten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomBasten Click here to Send TomBasten a Private Message Click Here to Email TomBasten Visit TomBasten's homepage! Find more posts by TomBasten Add TomBasten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Check your phone Tom.

Old Post 06-30-2019 07:18 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomBasten
UKC Forum Member

JAY

THANKS JAY CUTTING GRASS DON'T EVER LOOK AT THE CELL WHEN I START CUTTING THANKS!

Old Post 06-30-2019 07:39 PM
TomBasten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomBasten Click here to Send TomBasten a Private Message Click Here to Email TomBasten Visit TomBasten's homepage! Find more posts by TomBasten Add TomBasten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

winners

Friday-
Aubrie Butler- Red dog- 275+
Jason Schulte= Botox- 187 1/2+
Ron Behne, Ryan Smith- Blue Chic Beauty- 175+

Saturday-
Dan Downing- ??? female- 300+
Jason Schulte- Botox- 50+

Jason, King, Dan, Queen.

It was HOT. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-30-2019 08:09 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

And still no mention of Ron's big bench show win.....

Old Post 06-30-2019 09:28 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

No

I didn't remember all names from bench show, so didn't start that list.

To all that would have like to see me sweat showing, I was fortune to win Best of Show Female on Friday With Rolin Blue SR Queen(SR for Smokey River breeding). Then lost in Gr.Ch. division to Dan Downings' outstanding female. lost on Sat., so batted 333 1/3 for weekend. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-01-2019 12:29 AM