UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > What stud dog would make a good cross with this female?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BradD20
UKC Forum Member

What stud dog would make a good cross with this female?

This female is turning out to be a real nice hound. She can burn a track, holds good pressure on the tree, and has a decent mouth. Every now and then she lacks a little drive but for the most part she gets gone and gets treed. I’d like to have a little more mouth in the pups. Im really considering crossing her with Batman. She’s not titled because I’m not much of a competition hunter, I just enjoy having a good coondog to go hunting with. I’ve put her in a few hunts with some success but it’s not really my thing. Looking to make some great pups though that will go tree coons.

—————GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ KENTUCKY RIVER SLAMMING JOE
———CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ TREE SLAMMIN WHAMMY MAN
—————‘PR’ RHODUS KY. RIVER TIGER
Sire—GRNITECH GRCH ‘PR’ CAGLE’S TREE SLAMMIN JACOB
—————NITECH ‘PR’ HASTY’S KY. IKE
———’PR’ MOUNTAIN VIEW JODY
—————‘PR’ LITTLE CREEK SADIE

‘PR’ DEVANEY’S TREE SLAMMIN DAISIE

—————GRNITECH GRCH ‘PR’ ‘HICKS’ THREE TIME ALBERT
———GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ ‘HICKS’ SUNDOWN RYDER
—————CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ HOLLOWAY’S TENN BLACK LADY
Dam—GRCH ‘PR’ SUNDOWN RYDER’S DIXIE GIRL
—————CH ‘PR’ HENSLEYS FOUR TIME FLETCHER
———GRCH ‘PR’ ‘HICKS’ DIAMOND JILL
—————‘PR’ ‘HICKS’ MIDNITE BLACKIE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-10-2017 05:19 AM
BradD20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradD20 Click here to Send BradD20 a Private Message Click Here to Email BradD20 Find more posts by BradD20 Add BradD20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

If you want to raise a litter if xbreed pups Hoss is just up the road from you...

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:00 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradD20
UKC Forum Member

Lol that’d be an interesting cross Hobo. Black walker dogs. I already have some of that Swampmusic blood in my kennel lol

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:06 PM
BradD20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradD20 Click here to Send BradD20 a Private Message Click Here to Email BradD20 Find more posts by BradD20 Add BradD20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Sambo, Maybe?

Lol, how bout Long shot Bigfoot, he's a black dog,good'n to.

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:18 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

You can't say I didn't try to steer you in the WHITE direction...... LOL

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:31 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Easy hobo follow the forum rules ole #7 Is watching us lol.

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:48 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

What did I say or do that was wrong?

Besides I'm mainly just picking at Bradley.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:49 PM
yadkintar
Banned

You must say I am not promoting any specific breed exspesially the cross breed hound but if you would like my suggestion I happen to know we're there is a dog that you could breed to that would enhance your breeding program immensely and probly set winning records that will never be broken and make ukc millions maybe trillions of cash green dollars and on a ten mile all night one way walk hunt could tree 35 times and see 87 coons with the decendents of this cross.

That's how lol
Tar

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
You must say I am not promoting any specific breed exspesially the cross breed hound but if you would like my suggestion I happen to know we're there is a dog that you could breed to that would enhance your breeding program immensely and probly set winning records that will never be broken and make ukc millions maybe trillions of cash green dollars and on a ten mile all night one way walk hunt could tree 35 times and see 87 coons with the decendents of this cross.

That's how lol
Tar

If I posted something like that I'd have to change my name to HOBO Ball....

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-10-2017 03:20 PM
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

huh!!!!!i thought that was exactly what he said just in a shorter version?????

Old Post 10-10-2017 03:22 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but she sounds by your description to be very common.. Way to many dogs that aren't worth of breeding are used a breeding stock just because of a pedigree mostly..She doesn't sound like from your description of her , that she is breeding stock. Sorry just my opinion..

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 10-10-2017 11:16 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Huh

That's what they said about Eli bout $50,000 ago,Lol

Old Post 10-11-2017 02:52 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradD20
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn’t call her common. She’s a really nice hound. By no means is she going to go out and win the worlds tomorrow but she’s a real fine hound for what I need. I’m not a serious competition hunter and just enjoy a coon dog that will go tree coons and do it right.

Old Post 10-11-2017 05:25 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

My take!

Make sure you'd rather have a pup from her more than any other female or cross out there that you could buy a pup from for $200-$500. Raising a litter will cost you more than that (and that's not even considering the time involved)! It could potentially cost you a lot more if you end up stuck with pups that you can't sell. There's not a good market for pups today.

Just something to think about.

That said, a lot of these so-called competition dogs would be totally unsatisfactory for a coonhunter that wanted a real honest-to-goodness coondog.

Old Post 10-12-2017 03:08 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

6X Albert. I have always been an Albert fan. My last pup was out of 6X and the 1st time to the woods at 4 months old went with older dog and treed and at 5 months old split treed. Ryan Stewart now owns her and he says she is a tough little female at just a year old

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 10-14-2017 04:17 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

honalieh, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ON YOUR STATEMENT! RIGHT AS RAIN!

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 10-17-2017 12:42 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradD20
UKC Forum Member

I’m definitely set on using her to breed with, not because she’s my dog but because she’s a good honest coon dog. She’s not a kick dirt in your face and get in 2 Miles to tree a coon kind of dog. That said, I’ve had my fair share of long walks to her. But like I said I’m not breeding for competition dogs. Not saying I won’t push them in the hints but I just don’t care much for it. I’m breeding her because normally when she opens her mouth you can go ahead and load the gun. I’ve seen very few trees that she’s been on that didn’t have a coon and she’s one of the better hounds I’ve owned. If I didn’t believe she was worthy of breeding then I wouldn’t for the sake of having a bunch of pups that would make better lap dogs than tree dogs.

Old Post 10-17-2017 01:39 PM
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

If you want to breed accurate to accurate. Try my 2017 Performance Sire Nite Ch. Larry's Hurricane Hawkgone. His Sire is Bad to the Bones Blackhawk dam Shabel's BB out of Bear Branch Bonnie and Bad to the Bones Cane.
Hawkgone is a honest 90 to 95% accurate get by his self Coondog. He will tree them deep and under your feet as well. Negative Brucellosis required.
Happy Tracks!
Larry

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 10-17-2017 01:55 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GYSKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

Jimmy stidham has cane straws as he was part owner of him pups do good with little hunting

Old Post 10-21-2017 02:27 PM
GYSKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GYSKENNELS Click here to Send GYSKENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email GYSKENNELS Find more posts by GYSKENNELS Add GYSKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote