UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What breed, What bloodline
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

What breed, What bloodline

If you were looking for a real good pleasure dog, is there a particular breed you would look for and a particular bloodline? Not sure there is a lot of difference in a top competition hound and a top pleasure dog but there are some things necessary for a comp hound that are not as important for me in a pleasure dog. Such as, hunting speed and how deep they hunt. Also independence is not as important for me in a pleasure dog. Please do not bash another breed or argue with someone's opinion. Thanks for any comments. Would be interested if you think that a top comp dog and a top pleasure dog are the same.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-24-2020 07:42 PM
Preacher Tom is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Breed

Tom
If I was going with walkers for pleasure,think I would try Finley River bloodlines,think there a guy in Missouri with a pretty successful line. I like them to take the tracks as they come to them. I'm 67 n that's the type of hounds I started with. JesseJ

Old Post 10-24-2020 08:23 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

Good and bad in them all, Just have to find one u like

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 10-24-2020 11:36 PM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Coma line about the best I have hunted that WERE COON TREERES. GOOD ACCURACY NOT TRASHY. NOT AGGRAVATING EITHER...I DEMAND ALOT FROM MY GAMEDOG AND IT MUST BE A PLEASURE TO FOLLOW ASWELL Hope this helps

Old Post 10-25-2020 01:24 PM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

I’m sure they’re all different but I have a double Skuna River dog now that hunts where you cast him and takes his tracks as they come. We have a good coon population so that helps but I don’t think I have ever had to run him down with the truck like some. He’s got a nice bawl mouth on track great dying locates and is a nice tree dog. Usually has a coon or legitimate den tree. He’s out of Big Time Moonshine and Winston Aaron’s female.

Old Post 10-25-2020 05:36 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

I’m sure they’re all different but I have a double Skuna River dog now that hunts where you cast him and takes his tracks as they come. We have a good coon population so that helps but I don’t think I have ever had to run him down with the truck like some. He’s got a nice bawl mouth on track great dying locates and is a nice tree dog. Usually has a coon or legitimate den tree. He’s out of Big Time Moonshine and Winston Aaron’s female.

Old Post 10-25-2020 05:36 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote