UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Dog Supply Vendors > "Hitch-Hiker" DC40 Backup Transmitter
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rivers
The "Hitch-Hiker" can be built on your frequency 155-221,adds only about 3.2 ounces to DC40, changeable battery, changeable antenna and under collar magnet.

BTT

Chesterfield,SC 29709-7226
843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2013 09:55 AM
Mike Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Rivers Click here to Send Mike Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Rivers Find more posts by Mike Rivers Add Mike Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
More and more hunters doing away with running two seperate collars by combing the HH with their DC40.

BTT

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 06-24-2013 09:38 AM
Mike Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Rivers Click here to Send Mike Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Rivers Find more posts by Mike Rivers Add Mike Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

For that added trust consider the "Hitch Hiker" back up transmitter along with your DC40.

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 06-26-2013 09:29 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

More amd more big game hunters adding the "Hitch-Hiker" to their DC40 for that added trust.

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 06-29-2013 10:34 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
For that added trust consider the "Hitch Hiker" back up transmitter along with your DC40.

BTT

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 07-18-2013 10:07 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
More amd more big game hunters adding the "Hitch-Hiker" to their DC40 for that added trust.

More and more big game houndmens are adding the "Hitch-Hiker"
to their Garmin system for that extra security for their hound.

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 07-22-2013 09:05 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 07-24-2013 09:44 AM
charterpines
UKC Forum Member

!

Looks great

Old Post 07-29-2013 10:00 PM
charterpines is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charterpines Click here to Send charterpines a Private Message Click Here to Email charterpines Find more posts by charterpines Add charterpines to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

Re: !

quote:
Originally posted by charterpines
Looks great

Thanks

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 07-31-2013 12:56 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

BTT

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 08-13-2013 09:41 AM
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

Mike,

I know much of the range you get from any tracking collar is dependent on terrain but I was curious about the range the hitch hiker gets compared to a regular beep beep collar? I would be using it with a wildlife system. I presume the hitchhiker does not have any sort of tree switch?

Thanks!
Simon

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 08-13-2013 04:32 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by deadeye ruck
Mike,

I know much of the range you get from any tracking collar is dependent on terrain but I was curious about the range the hitch hiker gets compared to a regular beep beep collar? I would be using it with a wildlife system. I presume the hitchhiker does not have any sort of tree switch?

Thanks!
Simon

Simon
The HH is no more than a changeable battery tracking collar, as for the range it would be same as a regular tracking collar.
The HH was designed as a recovery device if the Garmin receiver was to lose signal with the Garmin collar, but a tree switch could be installed.
THANKS
Mike

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 08-14-2013 01:18 AM
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mike for your reply.

I was on a recent cast and a gentleman lost his hound. It was a dead cast and we only heard probably 5 barks the whole night. When the hunt was over everyone was able to recover their dog except one. He only had a Garmin on him and we got very lucky when the long range antenna picked him up just for a second nearly 2 miles away. We were able to drive around and eventually pick him up but it really made me think long and hard about my hound, his safety and some of the places I go to hunt especially when out of state. He's a long range, lone ranger and I am fortunate to have not lost him...yet. The HH would have prevented the headache and heartache!

I'll be getting in touch with you soon to order a couple!

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire

Old Post 08-15-2013 05:56 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by deadeye ruck
Thanks Mike for your reply.

I was on a recent cast and a gentleman lost his hound. It was a dead cast and we only heard probably 5 barks the whole night. When the hunt was over everyone was able to recover their dog except one. He only had a Garmin on him and we got very lucky when the long range antenna picked him up just for a second nearly 2 miles away. We were able to drive around and eventually pick him up but it really made me think long and hard about my hound, his safety and some of the places I go to hunt especially when out of state. He's a long range, lone ranger and I am fortunate to have not lost him...yet. The HH would have prevented the headache and heartache!

I'll be getting in touch with you soon to order a couple!

Deadeye Ruck
This is one of several reasons why the "Hiteh Hiker" was built, it just adds that little extra security in helping locate your hound.
If I can be of help feel free to contact me.
Thanks

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 08-16-2013 09:46 AM
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

I recently purchased 2 of the hitch hikers from Mike-I would just like to say that he is top notch and a pleasure to deal with.

They are top notch quality and really give peace of mind when you turn your prized hound loose. They don't give any added bulk to the Garmin collar and go together in a nice compact package. My hounds don't even notice any difference.

Don't be like me and find yourself regretting not buying one sooner when your hound gets out of pocket and goes MIA. Fortunately for me, he was recovered 2 days later but the hitch hiker could have prevented all of the heartache and headache.

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

Old Post 08-30-2013 05:16 PM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

deaeye ruck
THANKS

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 08-31-2013 10:17 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

More and more of the big game hunters using the HH's.
Thanks

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 09-04-2013 09:28 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
More and more of the big game hunters using the HH's.
Thanks

More big game hunters adding this as a back-up.

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 09-28-2013 10:48 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 10-05-2013 10:32 AM
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 10-17-2013 09:34 AM
RMoore
UKC Forum Member

How much how long range is it

PR UKC NT CHAMPION PKC CHAMPION ROCKY HILL BUSTER (ROCKY HILL ROCKER+MAINSTREET JACKIE)
GR. NT. CHAMPION RED RUBY HARDTIME CHIC (PEARL+CHARLEY 7)
R.I.P.LUCKY SEVEN I MISS YOU JINXY.(PEARL+ CHARLEY 7)
PKC UKC PR' ROCKY HILL ROCKERS SLAP- A-HO (ROCKER+CHIC)815-878-8566

Old Post 10-17-2013 09:47 AM
RMoore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RMoore Click here to Send RMoore a Private Message Find more posts by RMoore Add RMoore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

are you working on putting them on any other collars than the dc 40?

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 10-18-2013 04:18 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RMoore
How much how long range is it

quote:
Originally posted by RMoore
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT IDEA WHEN YOU WONT EVEN ANSWER FOLKS ......NOT HIDDING FROM NO ONE MY NAME IS ROBERT R. MOORE....THANKS FOR NOTHING

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Time 29
are you working on putting them on any other collars than the dc 40?

RMoore
The HH is no more than a traditional tracking collar designed to mount on with the Garmin Dc40, so the range is the same as what you would get out of a "Beep-Beep" collar in your area.
$130 on your frequency and shipped to you.
As for answering folks I do not get on here everyday to see a question but feel sure I will answer when seen if all possible.
Thanks

Prime Time 29
The HH was designed for the Dc 40 and I have not worked on installing it on any other Garmin collar as we speak. I have looked at the DC50 and think it can be installed on it but have not had the time to spend on this project , but maybe after hunting season is in full swing and my other work slows down I will have more spare time to spend on projects like this.
Thanks

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Last edited by Mike Rivers on 10-19-2013 at 10:28 AM

Old Post 10-19-2013 09:50 AM
RMoore
UKC Forum Member

thank you

Sir...i appreciate info

PR UKC NT CHAMPION PKC CHAMPION ROCKY HILL BUSTER (ROCKY HILL ROCKER+MAINSTREET JACKIE)
GR. NT. CHAMPION RED RUBY HARDTIME CHIC (PEARL+CHARLEY 7)
R.I.P.LUCKY SEVEN I MISS YOU JINXY.(PEARL+ CHARLEY 7)
PKC UKC PR' ROCKY HILL ROCKERS SLAP- A-HO (ROCKER+CHIC)815-878-8566

Old Post 10-19-2013 11:34 AM
RMoore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RMoore Click here to Send RMoore a Private Message Find more posts by RMoore Add RMoore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Rivers
UKC Forum Member

The "Hitch-Hiker" was developed to run on a Garmin DC40 collar as a backup transmitter. It weighs in at 3.2 ounces, comes with changeable battery , changeable antenna, and under collar magnet. Powered by 1/2 AA 3.6 volt lithium battery that provides 600+ hours of run time and is easily changed and can be purchased at your hunting supply dealer. Comes in most frequencies 155-221 mhz.

"Hitch-Hiker" will come mounted on a new dayglo collar ( color of choice ) , one year warranty on transmitter and shipped to you . $130

843-910-1772

Superior Lights

Old Post 10-28-2013 09:32 AM