UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Youth Light opinion
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Junior Watson
UKC Forum Member

Youth Light opinion

I have a 10 yr. old son that is getting into hunting finally and I am wanting to get him a light. I have always used a Laser torch because of the durability and I really like the size of the battery on the back. Hunting in the mountains going thru Laurel thickets it is easier to maneuver. Laser torch has a youth light but I don't know of anyone that has used it. I haven't actually seen it so not sure how it is made? My buddy has a Conkey's light that is reasonable price but I am not a big fan of how big the battery pack is. What is everyone's opinion? What have you all had good luck with?

Thank you!

865-908-0482 home
865-654-6600 cell

Home of:
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Zip (Speed x Sue) Co Owned with Clinton Hocker
Smoky Mtn Blue Buddy II (Speed X Jolene)
Smoky Mtn Blue Spot (Speed X Sassy)
Smoky Mtn Blue Bailey (Ruger X Cotton)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Speed (Hornet x Gypsy)
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Lady (Speed x Sue)
GrandNiteCH Watson's Smokin Hot Blue Blaze (Blaze X CryBaby)
Dual GrCh Clear River Kat (RamboII X Curlee)
NiteCh GrCh Andrews' Tarheel Blue Smokie (RamboII X Savanah)
NiteCh GrCh Kings Blue Mandy (RamboII X Roxie)
NiteCh Blue Ridge Singing Sue (Grit X Hunny)
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Buddy (Logan X Hope)
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Brandy(Ben X Molly)
Ch Smoky Mtn Blue Rose (Hawk X Missy)
Smoky Mtn Blue Tiny (Speed X Anna)
NiteCh Carroll's So Blue Rock (Tree Bangin Hoss x Missy)
Smoky Mtn Blue Lily (Speed X Sue)
Smoky Mtn Blue Rock (Rock X Sue)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-28-2020 10:49 PM
Junior Watson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junior Watson Click here to Send Junior Watson a Private Message Click Here to Email Junior Watson Find more posts by Junior Watson Add Junior Watson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I also use the laser torch lights. I bought the new one and my 5 and 6 year old use my original laser torch pro and laser torch color plus. They fit the kids well and I would say there youth light would be nice.... or you could give him yours and upgrade yourself. My original one still works like a brand new light and it is probably 12 years old. Good company with great products.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 08-28-2020 11:24 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

The Dakota DX is fantastic

Old Post 08-28-2020 11:35 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Check out Outlaw lights. This is the "shooter" I believe. Three levels of spot light, two levels of a walk light, red, and yellow lights also. $200.00

And this is their "Bandit" I think it is about $100

Last edited by houndsound on 08-29-2020 at 03:47 AM

Old Post 08-29-2020 03:30 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrydillon17
UKC Forum Member

I bought outlaw Ace I love it , if ur getting for kid get the outlaw bandit

Old Post 08-29-2020 08:40 AM
jerrydillon17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrydillon17 Click here to Send jerrydillon17 a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrydillon17 Find more posts by jerrydillon17 Add jerrydillon17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Kids Light

You are Fortunate because there are many good options in Lights these days.
If you like Laser Torch, I would stick with them......the Laser Torch 2 is a pretty Nice Light and is $165. The Laser Youth Light for $99 is probably Nice as well but I have never seen it.
The Outlaw Bandit for $110 is tough to beat and only weighs a little over 9 ounces, Cap & all.
The K-Light 4200 Light is a Tough Light for $100. It has Great Burntime & you can get it on a Long Cord or Mounted.....it will last for many many years.
Star Hunting Lights has a Light called the Starter Cap Light thats Very Nice for $100.
Cajun Lights has the Micro Light for $200 thats a Nice Light and has the Switch on the Head.
Good luck on your Light Decision and let us all know what you choose.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 08-29-2020 01:42 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

Outlaw lights make a couple good options for kids as stated above.. You may want to check out Dakota DX as well.. Feel free to give us a call with any questions
937 869 6818

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Last edited by Doug__Adams on 08-29-2020 at 03:43 PM

Old Post 08-29-2020 03:35 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

Light

Western river lights are nice led lights that are affordable. I bought them for my kids when they were starting out.

Old Post 08-30-2020 12:00 AM
Andy212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
howie
UKC Forum Member

My kids have Dakota lights. Durable and lightweight

Old Post 08-30-2020 12:37 AM
howie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for howie Click here to Send howie a Private Message Click Here to Email howie Find more posts by howie Add howie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Big Dog Lights makes a very light weight one too. I have their regular light which is also a very nice light. I also have an older Laser Torch that is a really good light but only has a 1 high and 1 low beam selection. Have a Bright eyes that also is a good light but it has a belt battery. They make the cap lights with battery attached to the helmet now as well.

As others have stated, there seems to be several good brands to choose from. I know any of the newer lights are better than the Kohler 2 cell wet cell light I hunted with for 20 years!

Last edited by DL NH on 08-30-2020 at 01:12 AM

Old Post 08-30-2020 01:09 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

video of outlaw

I should have video'd the colors, but wasn't thinking about it. Here is a short video. The shots of the dog treeing are me using the Outlaw Shooter's bright walk light. I'm standing about 15 yards away from the tree. I switched it to the bright spot light when I show the coon in the tree. Hope it helps someone if they are considering an Outlaw light.

https://youtu.be/PVmqxaUnPGc

Also, amazing customer service. My light actually got stolen while in transit. I had an empty box delivered to me. Greg, at Outlaw lights- Sent me another light immediately without charging me a cent when he heard about it.

Old Post 08-30-2020 03:21 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote