UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 78 79 [80] 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

DOGS

I had a lot of work and family events this past week and only got to hunt 2 nights. I am looking forward to hitting the woods hard this week. Terry Tibbs brought his Blu Gal female down to breed to Goose. Should be an excellent cross with Gal being old uchtman thru Elmo Overtons old blood. Terry took my Scout pup home with him to hunt him some in the pen and I am going hunt Gal some when she goes out of heat. These pups should have some kind of motors as Gal and Goose operate very similar. Both are deep and alone type dogs that have coons. Grant Sparks brought his brother to Spanky to me Saturday and took one of my Floyd x Cotton pups home with him. I am going to hunt Hank for a bit and see if we can get him ready for the hunts. Woody has looked better and we will see if he can continue to get under coons. Just gone keep on hammering!! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-16-2019 02:11 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted last night for a while. It rained and stormed here Monday night so I didn't get to go. We went last night and first drop we cut ChNtCh Spanky and his brother Hank that I just got here to the kennel. Spanky went right and Hank went left and up the bottom. Hank opened a few times at about 300yds and fell treed. We headed to him and he was up a leaning tree that ran into a large oak and a den tree. We didn't see his coon but could've been in the den tree. Spanky was headed down the creek and we caught him as he came out on gravel road. Next drop we cut ChNtCh Woody and Roxie down a nice hardwood hollow. Roxie struck at 400yds and Woody soon opened with her. They worked the track down a small creek and into a swamp bottom. They turned and headed up a stream that comes out of the hills and soon were up on the top of a large hill and loaded up treed. We made our way to them and they were on a large den tree. We decided to cut the wild brothers loose again in a creek bottom and Spanky struck at about 125yds. Hank opened a few times with him and Spanky worked towards the creek. Spanky located but wouldn't really turn it over but Ryan and I headed in to him. The dogs were working the creek with a lot of debris that had collected in a bend. Spanky was winding and locating around all the debris. Hank came rolling by us and I talked a little rough and he got out of there. Hank crossed the creek and soon loaded up treed about 200yds on the other side. He had the meat and I petted him up good and headed to the truck. Spanky was headed up the creek towards some property that we don't have permission to hunt and the guy that owns it is not very nice. I have had words with him a few times so we try not to rock the boat if possible. Ryan caught Spanky and we called it a night. Hank is a nice young dog that showed me last night he is like his sire and will get gone and be alone with the meat. I have a few small things to correct and he will be in the winners circle soon. I have plans to breed Goose to my Dual Grand Smokey River Ann female and Chad Bobo is bringing her sister to breed to him as well. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-18-2019 01:25 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted last night. It was cold and frosty and coons didn't seem to move well. First drop we cut Hank and Woody. Dogs went opposite ways with Hank left and Woody right. Hank struck but it seemed like a terrible track. He moved it out good for a ways but got a little hung up. Woody ended up a long ways down the bottom. He struck in a big swamp and started a track. We pulled in between to hear both dogs and i heard Hank load up treed. We pulled back to him and headed in the bottom. He was up a small tree and just missed the coon. I scolded him and pulled him off and I could hear Woody hammered at .85. We drove down to within 300yds of him and he was treed in the swamp. We picked our way around the deep water and were able to reach him without getting wet. He was treed up a large den tree. We moved to some hardwood hills and cut Goose and Roxie. Goose was a little wired as I have not hunted him in a few nights since I was breeding him to a female. He was at .75 in just a few minutes. I drove around and pulled into an old house place and they were up in some nice timber. I heard Roxie locate and Goose hit right behind her. He normally doesn't even back a dog but he will back a female for a week or so after I breed him. They had a coon in a big nest. We called it a night since we had gotten a late start. I won't get to hunt tonight since I am coaching a 10 under girls basketball team and we have practice tonight. Ryan is going to take a couple of the females out tonight. Cotton has just weaned pups a couple weeks ago and is fat and out of shape. He is going to cut her a drop or two tonight. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-19-2019 01:16 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I took Woody over to a UKC slam event last night and ended up winning the cast to give woody another win towards GrNtCh. I got a little frustrated at him a couple of times but we will continue to work on things that need corrected. Y’all keep’em lookin’ up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-21-2019 11:47 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself last night. First drop I cut Cotton and Roxie into a section of nice hardwood running alongside the creek. Roxie struck followed by Cotton. It wasn't a good track but Cotton straightened it out and soon loaded up treed. Roxie backed her and I made my way to them. They were on a large tree and had the meat. Last night was the first night Cotton had been out in nearly 3 months as I just weaned pups from her and Goose. Next drop I cut Woody and Hank up the creek. Woody struck quick and started working up the bottom with Hank opening here and there. Hank loaded up at about 700yds and Woody backed him. They had 2 coons up the tree and I rolled one out to them. I made my way back to the truck carrying coon, gun, 2 crazy dogs lol and trying to read the Garmin. It was an interesting trip but Hank knows when I the coon is dead and I pick it up it is my coon!! Gone stay on em!! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP and hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-24-2019 01:12 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Christmas Time

Merry Christmas to you and your family Darren!

Old Post 12-25-2019 03:20 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

To you and yours my friend

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-25-2019 08:40 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

It was a crazy week last week with the holidays. I managed to get out a couple of nights. I hunted Hank in a UKC hunt Saturday night and he didn't look good at all. He did split tree but missed the coon. Dogs struggled to locate the right tree and we had several slick trees in the hunt. Hank got out of pocket and pretty much ran out the hunt. We looked at one coon and some terrible dog work. I have been working on Hank for a few things and probably have his mind messed up a little but I will get him right soon. Ryan hunted Spanky and treed the only coon his cast saw but ended up drawing some minus on a hole and got caught by the 8 minutes once. We gone hit it hard this week and see what happens. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-30-2019 01:38 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Coon movement here is the craziest thing I have ever seen. Deer hunters are getting pics from 3pm til 5:30pm and then again around 2-3 am. Dogs can't seem to get after a decent track on any kind of regular basis. We cut Hank and Spanky last night on first drop and both dogs opened on some junk but quit it pretty quick. Hank fell treed at 575yds and Spanky backed him quick. They were up a pine tree and we couldn't find their coon if they had it. Next drop we cut Roxie and Goose. Goose was wired as he didn't get hunted last week due to me breeding him to a female. He left hard and soon was deep. Roxie struck a bad track and struggled to do anything with it. I eventually caught her up and we drove around to Goose treed. He was in a rough area and was treed up a large oak that ran next to a huge rock wall. No coon but I'm sure it just crossed over on the rock wall as the oak tree touched at the top. We called it a night and will hit it again. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-31-2019 01:19 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Ryan and I hunted last night. First drop we cut Spanky and Roxie around the edge of a greenfield that leads into some mature hardwoods. Roxie went about 50yds and garmin showed her treed. She had not said a word. I finally walked in to her and she was frozen up and acting crazy. I shocked her a couple times on deer and I'm sure she came across a hot one lol. Spanky got treed at 300yds and had a coon. We rolled it out to him and headed to the truck. Next drop we cut Goose and Hank across a powerline into some hardwoods. Goose left hard but Hank circled out and was smelling around the edge of the timber. I scolded him and sent him on into the timber and about that time ole Goose loaded up at 275 treed. We got to the tree and he had the coon. I rolled it out to him and Hank came into the tree and I tied him back. We moved and cut Spanky and Roxie again. They hunted good but went the wrong way and we drove around and gathered them up. We moved and cut them again. Roxie struck at 250yds and started working a track in a nice little bottom. She hit up one time but moved on up the bottom. She soon looked up and Spanky slammed it right with her. They had a coon and we rolled it out to them. Last drop we cut Goose and Hank again. Hank hung around one area for awhile but Goose hit high gear and headed up the creek. Hank finally got treed on the creek but he didn't sound right. I didn't see a coon and think he just missed him. Goose ended up treed at 1.12 miles and we drove around to him. He had the meat and we rolled it out to him. We were hunting on a private property that is owned by a deer hunter. He gave us permission to hunt if we shoot the coons and send him the pics. Hopefully he was happy last night. We haven't shot out a lot of coons lately so the dogs were happy last night. Y'all keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-02-2020 01:54 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted alone Saturday night. First drop I cut Ann and Roxie up a small bottom. Ann struck followed by Roxie. They drove a decent track up the bottom and Roxie loaded up treed with Ann right with her. They had the meat and I rolled it out to them. He was a mean joker but they got him dispatched eventually. Next drop I cut Cotton and Goose. Cotton went one way and Goose the other way. Cotton struck a bad track at 800yds in a swamp and started working down the swamp. She soon loaded up treed and I headed to her. I heard Goose open deep and he was at .65 and started drifting out on a good track. Cotton was up a huge bay tree standing in about a foot of water. It was a big den and if he was there, he was on the inside. I heard Goose locate but never would roll it over. I drove around and he was on the edge of a green field and there was corn everywhere. Goose was locating on a big log jam that was pushed up where they had made the greenfield. I moved and cut Dolly and Roxie. Dolly struck and Roxie put in quick. They worked down the hollow and soon loaded up treed. I made my way to them and they were on a big dead den tree. It was about midnight so I called it a night and headed home.
Chad Bobo came last night and got Woody. He is going back to Arkansas with Chad. Woody just never operated for me at the level that I require. Hopefully he will get back in the groove for Chad. Chad and Terry both have high praise for Woody but him and I just didn't click.
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

ROXIE
Roxie by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-06-2020 01:49 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted alone Saturday night. First drop I cut Ann and Roxie up a small bottom. Ann struck followed by Roxie. They drove a decent track up the bottom and Roxie loaded up treed with Ann right with her. They had the meat and I rolled it out to them. He was a mean joker but they got him dispatched eventually. Next drop I cut Cotton and Goose. Cotton went one way and Goose the other way. Cotton struck a bad track at 800yds in a swamp and started working down the swamp. She soon loaded up treed and I headed to her. I heard Goose open deep and he was at .65 and started drifting out on a good track. Cotton was up a huge bay tree standing in about a foot of water. It was a big den and if he was there, he was on the inside. I heard Goose locate but never would roll it over. I drove around and he was on the edge of a green field and there was corn everywhere. Goose was locating on a big log jam that was pushed up where they had made the greenfield. I moved and cut Dolly and Roxie. Dolly struck and Roxie put in quick. They worked down the hollow and soon loaded up treed. I made my way to them and they were on a big dead den tree. It was about midnight so I called it a night and headed home.
Chad Bobo came last night and got Woody. He is going back to Arkansas with Chad. Woody just never operated for me at the level that I require. Hopefully he will get back in the groove for Chad. Chad and Terry both have high praise for Woody but him and I just didn't click.
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

ROXIE
Roxie by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-06-2020 01:49 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted for a little while last night. First drop we had a coon and messed with my Floyd x Cotton pup. She showed some interest in it but not overly interested. I cut it loose and she ran it some and opened on track. First live coon she has seen and first time riding in the box. I had Hank in the truck and cut him and he had the coon treed pretty quick. We drove around the bottom and cut Hank and Spanky. Spanky left hard and cut left handed and Hank went right and came back around to the field. I caught him and recut him and he did the same thing so I loaded him up. Spanky got treed at about 500yds and was on a large den. Next drop we cut Goose and Spanky in a hardwood hollow. Goose left hard and dogs split up as usual. Goose covered ground quick and soon was deep. Spanky opened at about 350yds a couple of times but hushed. Goose was blowing out of the section so we drove around to get a little closer. Goose soon struck on the creek and drifted out and loaded up treed. Spanky ended up coming into the tree. Goose had the meat and I rolled it out to him and we called it a night. Goose has the motor to get deep alone and have the meat and it don't take all night either. Y'all Keep'em Lookin Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-07-2020 02:14 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I hunted for a while last night. Ryan went with me and we cut Spanky and Hank on the first drop. Dogs stayed together for about 300yds and split up. Spanky opened once at about 350yds but never opened again. Hank hunted better and was covering ground. Hank was soon .61 headed up the creek. He opened 4 or 5 times and got quiet and kept heading up the creek. Spanky came back close to the gravel road and Ryan caught him up and we drove around within 400yds of Hank. Hank was opening coming up a ditch off the creek and soon treed. We made our way to him and he was up a small tree and It was as slick as a babies bottom. I scolded him and headed to the truck. Next drop we cut Goose , Spanky, and Roxie. Dogs left hard and we had complete silence. They got to about .92 and we drove around and got within 500yds. Spanky split off from Goose and Roxie and all 3 kept heading up the bottom. Roxie struck and was opening sporadically and Goose opened a few times here and there. Goose soon loaded up treed followed close by Roxie. They were about 900yds but we drove up a hunting road and got with 75yds of them. Ryan found the coon laid up in a fork and looked like he had been there for a while. Spanky ended up coming into the tree which is highly unusual for him. We called it a night and hopefully hit it this weekend as we have stormy weather forcasted. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-09-2020 01:16 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself Saturday night. First drop I cut Cotton and Roxie up a flooded hardwood flat. Roxie struck followed by Cotton. They worked up the flat and around a pond and got in the edge of a cutover. Cotton gave that huge dying bawl locate and Roxie rolled up on it with her. I got to the tree and they were up 2 huge water oaks that grew close together and I could only see from one side. I couldn't get the coon to look so I don't know if they had him or not but he could've been there and I overlooked him. I cut them on down the flat and Cotton struck at about 400yds and Roxie put in with her. Roxie located and treed and Cotton soon loaded up too. I got to them and they were split treed about 15yds apart on 2 different den trees. I made my way to the truck and moved to some hardwood hills and cut Goose and Dolly down a hollow. Dolly struck right handed at about 200yds and started a track down a small branch of water. Goose shot straight across the hollow and soon opened at about 500yds. He drifted left handed and opened here and there. He soon crossed a small country road and loaded up treed about 200yds down another hollow. I drove around and headed to him. He was up a huge red oak and had the meat. I drove back around and Dolly was deep. I pulled within 50 yds of her and she was trying to cross the road and the guy doesn't want me to hunt during deer season in there so I caught her up. Next drop I cut Goose and Roxie down another hardwood hollow. I got complete silence and the dogs were getting deep. I drove around and soon caught them up coming down a small creek that crosses under the road. I moved back to the hills and cut Cotton and Dolly. I had to try to hunt the hills as we have been under a flash flood watch with all the rain over the last 2 days. Cotton struck a bad track and Dolly put in with her. They worked down the hollow and ended up in the bottom. They were in a rough area as a lot of the timber was cut so it is a cutover swamp. I have been in there a few times and it isn't any fun at all. Of course Cotton throws out that huge dying bawl and Dolly locates with her and they start blowing the top out. I pulled down and started the fun trip thru the cutover swamp with water, briars, dead trees, and sink holes. I finally got thru the cutover and the bottom was completely flooded. I waded knee deep water for over 400yds and finally got to the dogs. They were up another huge den tree. I made my way out of there and finally got to the truck. I called it a night or so I thought!! I got to the kennel and Floyd had gotten out of his kennel. I didn't snap the snap back good and he bounced on the door I guess and knocked it loose. My father in law has a blue heeler in heat so I drive down to see if Floyd is down there but he is not. I hear a dog in the distance barking every breath so I pull up the road. I hear Floyd in there just knocking it down every breath. I walked about 600yds to him and he is treed up a big pine tree with a coon next to a deer feeder. He is still and blow down tree dog even thought his mouth has gotten weaker. I leashed him up and petted him on the head and made my way out and called it a night. I took Hank back to Grant Sparks as he is about done with Basketball. I plan to get started on my Floyd x Cotton pups this week. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-13-2020 01:47 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Ryan and I hunted Tuesday night and had a terrible hunt. First drop we cut Goose and a pup. Goose ran off and left the pup. Goose crossed the creek and got into some flooded timber. He opened a few times and loaded up right. He was treed in a lot of water but I couldn't find his coon. I think he just missed it. That is very unusual for him not to have the meat. Next drop we cut Spanky and Roxie. Roxie struck and spanky opened with her. They ran a good track for a short distance but not sure it was a coon. They hushed for a few minutes and we pulled around to get closer. When we got out of the truck they were treed. We made our way thru some rough stuff and finally got to them on the edge of a pond. It was slick as a mole. I grabbed Roxie and Ryan whipped Spanky. We moved and recut both dogs. Roxie finally struck and ran a short track and loaded up right. Spanky came in and treed as well. We got to them and Spanky was about 8 feet left handed on a den tree and Roxie had a big fat possum. Spanky's tree was pretty fishy to me and I think he just moved over cause it was a possum. lol I shot it out and gave Roxie an adjustment. We called it a night.

I hunted last night alone. First drop I cut Goose and a pup. Goose ran off and left the pup again so I've gotta put the pup with something else for awhile. Goose covered ground in a hurry. He struck at about 800yds and soon loaded up at .68. I made my way to him and he was in a pine thicket treed up a large pine tree. He had the meat and did a good job of getting gone and getting hooked with a coon a quick fashion. Next drop I cut Cotton and Roxie up a creek bottom. Cotton struck and Roxie put in with her. They worked a track up a beaver slough and almost simultaneously loaded up on a tree. It had started pouring rain. I made my way to the tree and they had the meat up a huge water oak. I rolled him out to them and called it a night when I got to the truck I was soaked to the bone. Im just gone stay on em!! Y'all keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-16-2020 03:22 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself Saturday night. It was cold and raining off and on. First drop I cut Dolly and Roxie up a creek. Dolly struck and Roxie put in with her. They worked a track about 400yds and Roxie loaded up followed by Dolly. I got to them and they were up a huge den tree. Next drop I cut Goose alone in some hardwood hills. He left hard and soon got deep. I drove up the road and heard him open in the bottom. It has been raining here off and on for days and the bottoms are flooded out. He was in a lot of water and ended up swimming yellow creek at least twice. He kept working his track and opening and drifting out and I finally heard him load up treed. I drove around as he was .81 from where I cut him and I had to come in on backside of yellow creek as well. I picked my way around most of the water and got to Goose. He had the meat and I rolled it out to him and we made our way back to the truck. I cut Dolly and Roxie loose on the other side of the road in some nice hardwoods. Dolly struck and went left and Roxie opened straight across the hollow. Roxie opened a few more times and loaded up treed. Dolly came in and backed her. I got to the tree and I was a huge red oak. I think she may have missed the coon but I could have overlooked him because there was a lot of tree to look. I called it a night and will hit it tonight. I am going to sell Roxie if anyone is interested. Call me and I will tell the good and bad. She has 2 first place wins in UKC. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-20-2020 01:34 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted for awhile last night. It was cold here at 20 degrees. First drop we cut Goose and Cotton into some hardwoods that run along a powerline. Dogs left hard and Goose shot straight into the hardwoods and Cotton went to the left. Cotton circled and then headed across a big hollow. Cotton hit a small gravel road at about 500yds and we drove around and she was coming up a small ditch in the edge of the woods. I caught her up as she was headed to a paved road. Goose had blown out of the country on me and was opening here and there on a cold track. We drove around and he was in a cow pasture behind a house so I eased in and just caught him up. Next drop we cut Spanky and Dolly on the other side of the powerline. Dolly struck immediately and started a track and Spanky went right handed. There had been corn poured out on ground and coons were still checking it. Dolly treed half hearted and I started to her but she hushed and moved. She went another 100yds and loaded up right. She was on a huge tree in the middle of a cutover. I got close to her and we could hear Spanky treed. Ryan headed to him. I found Dolly's coon and headed to the truck. Ryan finally made it back to the truck and Spanky had a coon and he rolled it out to him. We called it a night and will hit it tonight. Ya'll Keep'em Lookin' Up!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-21-2020 12:50 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted Wednesday night and Saturday night alone. I have been so busy that I haven't had much time to get on the forums. Dogs have been getting under coons but it has sure been tough hunting around here. I'm tuning on ole Goose for the winter classic. Just gone stay on them Y'all Keep'em Lookin; Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-27-2020 09:10 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted for a while last night. First drop we cut Spanky alone up a creek bottom. He left out and soon opened at about 200yds and made a right turn and crossed the creek. He soon fell treed and blowed the top out. We got to him and I found his coon pretty quick. We rolled it out to him and headed to the truck. Next drop we cut Goose in a swamp bottom that had quite a bit of water. He opened at 150yds and worked a track deeper into the bottom. He soon loaded up treed and we headed into him. Ryan found his coon in the very tip top of the tree. We rolled it out to Goose and headed to the truck. We moved to the swamp and cut Spanky alone again and everything was quiet. He got 650yds from us so we moved the truck up the edge of the field road to get closer. He fell treed at about 350yds and we waded water and headed to him. He was up a smaller tree with a nest and it ran into a large pine tree. We didn't see his coon but it could have been there. We moved to a new spot and cut Goose alone up a creek bottom. He struck at 200yds and drifted the track quick to about 600yds and loaded up treed. We got to Goose and he was up a bunch of vines and small trees running everywhere. I backed out into a small field and found a coon. It quit looking so I had Ryan in the field and I went in to jerk a vine and Ryan actually saw 2 coons. We made our way to the truck and called it a night. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-28-2020 12:52 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Jobe

Hey Darren what all dogs out of Jobe do you have? I know of course Goose, wasn't sure about Cyclone or any others. How old is Goose now? He was born in June of 14 right?Thanks

Old Post 01-28-2020 09:19 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Goose

I had ChNtCh Utchmans Blue Andy that I was partners on with Gary Uchtman. I hunted him up and put his title on him. I had Cyclone, Goose and Gritt as pups. Ive owned several. They all were hard going and naturals. Goose is 6 and is the only one I have out of Jobe at the moment. Yes he was born on June 10 2014

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-28-2020 09:28 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Good

I think I hunted with Andy, don't remember for sure. Do remember what he looked like. Good looking hound. imo. What happened to cyclone, he was out of jobe and magic right? I can't recall what female Andy was out of, maybe Angel?

Old Post 01-28-2020 10:30 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

JOBE

Cyclone was out of Magic. I sold him to a guy in Georgia. I actually tried to buy him back not too long ago but the guy hasn't hunted him right and was asking way too much for a dog that's been stood up for so long. Andy was out of Angel and was a littermate to Foggy Mountain Blaze that Shannon Senter owned for awhile.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 01-29-2020 01:10 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Jobe

We have a female out of Jobe x Angel but a different litter than those. Seem to be reproducing good.
Cyclone it's a shame when they let a good one go to waste in the pen. Happens way to often. From pups to started dogs. I've always been at a loss when someone buys a good pup, the rest of the litter doing good, theirs sitting in a pen for a year. Never out at all and than they get mad at it when it isn't a coondog first time out. And than get more mad because they can't catch it, lead it, or handle it at all. And act like it's the dog fault. Can't make or maintain a dog just letting it sit in a pen. Again it's a shame and happens way to often. The coonhound world needs to be more like you boys, boots on, dog cut and in the woods.
Thanks for the information. Take care, and good luck at the Winter Classic.

Old Post 01-29-2020 02:08 PM