UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > No leash lock recut strike
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

No leash lock recut strike

Love the no leash lock....got a question about strike points on recut after scoring a tree.

All dogs treed, but Split. After first tree is scored, I can recut....since there is only one set of strike points....I am guessing I strike back in for 25...correct?

With this, until all dogs are back together, everyone will only strike in for 25?

Is this how others see it or am I missing anything?

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-09-2020 02:01 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Your right on the money. If all dogs are struck/treed and you get cut back loose you strike for 25

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 01-09-2020 02:36 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dalton...

Old Post 01-09-2020 02:40 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

UKC has always been next available (not 1 set of strike points) and I don't see where that was changed in the new rules.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 01-09-2020 02:32 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
UKC has always been next available (not 1 set of strike points) and I don't see where that was changed in the new rules.

Correct. In Tim's described scenario, next available is 25.

Old Post 01-09-2020 03:52 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Correct. In Tim's described scenario, next available is 25.

He also had a 2nd question. I took it as "with this" meant the new rule and I don't believe his statement is correct.

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green
With this, until all dogs are back together, everyone will only strike in for 25?

Old Post 01-09-2020 08:20 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Kenny,

The problem lies in the fact that you are recutting before you’ve scored the others with no leash lock....therefore you have to strike back for 25 because one of the others treed could still be carrying 100, 75, or 50. Unless you decide to call time and move spots or the dogs are all treed/handled together...there will only be a 100 strike on the first drop. How could one dog recast while others are treed be able to compete for 100 strike alone.

In today’s competition style dogs....it is highly unlikely all will be together. So, now how important is the first drop/strike?

Old Post 01-09-2020 11:16 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
He also had a 2nd question. I took it as "with this" meant the new rule and I don't believe his statement is correct.

Even though a strike position becomes open after it has been scored.... to quote the part of rule 11(b) that pertains to this....a dog cannot be struck in over a position that is being held except when a dog holds it's strike position for one hour. In that case all strike positions will become open to other dogs. The strike position previously held by dog(s) on leash is not available until dog is recast. Multiple dogs may occupy fourth strike position. (Adjust for number of dogs in cast on what is last strike position)
A downloadable version of current 2020 rule book is available online Rule 11(b) is recasting all those who have questions should read it.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-10-2020 02:17 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
[i]
A downloadable version of current 2020 rule book is available online Rule 11(b) is recasting all those who have questions should read it. [/B]

So don’t ask questions on here an more? Why do we have a discussion forum. Maybe some people enjoy the discussions.

Bottom line is this....unless all dogs are handled...each dog recast will be struck for 25.

Thanks everyone for their comments.

Old Post 01-10-2020 03:03 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
So don’t ask questions on here an more? Why do we have a discussion forum. Maybe some people enjoy the discussions.

Bottom line is this....unless all dogs are handled...each dog recast will be struck for 25.

Thanks everyone for their comments.

No it's still next available like K.S said. If others are out not struck in yet then 75 may be available. Two dog cast 50 may be available depends on the situation but it is still next available. If 3 or more dogs have been struck in then yes 25 is next available but it's not always the case.

Old Post 01-10-2020 03:12 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

I get all that but you’re not understanding. Obviously there are higher strikes available in less than 4 dog casts. I’ll explain it differently:

4 dog cast

All dogs struck and treed (1 dog split). Go to the single dog first. Once scored...Dog can be immediately cut...and struck for 25.

Go to the others...once scored, let’s say the other one is treed again or not, or even if others tree split again. Others are recut, still only can be struck for 25. Thus will continue until all dogs are together or time out is called. You can’t have a new set of strike points competed for with a dog out.

I hope this is simpler for everyone to see what I am talking about.

Old Post 01-10-2020 03:18 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I get all that but you’re not understanding. Obviously there are higher strikes available in less than 4 dog casts. I’ll explain it differently:

4 dog cast

All dogs struck and treed (1 dog split). Go to the single dog first. Once scored...Dog can be immediately cut...and struck for 25.

Go to the others...once scored, let’s say the other one is treed again. Others are recut, still only can be struck for 25. Thus will continue until all dogs are together or time out is called. You can’t have a new set of strike points competed for with a dog out.

I hope this is simpler for everyone to see what I am talking about.

Yep that's more clear. Can't ever strike in above another dog unless that dog has held its strike for more than one hour. It used to be so many coon treed as well but they wisely removed that with people using it with so much split treeing.

Old Post 01-10-2020 03:23 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
Yep that's more clear. Can't ever strike in above another dog unless that dog has held its strike for more than one hour. It used to be so many coon treed as well but they wisely removed that with people using it with so much split treeing.

Exactly. This gonna be interesting with how dogs have evolved and hunting styles are so different now. Gonna be fun.

Sorry I was vague on the first post.

Old Post 01-10-2020 03:25 AM
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

I was thinking more the dogs holding 50 and 25 strike get treed, after scoring their tree the other two dogs are treed. When these two are released next available is 50. I agree 100 strike will likely never be available until all dogs are back together, but next available will often be more than 25 even in 4 dog cast. I've already hunted 2 cast under the new rules and have already seen this.

Old Post 01-10-2020 05:34 AM